Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Can Tri Force make Ashe viable?

Creator: Electro522 December 15, 2014 1:44am
1 2
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 1:44am | Report
I just spectated a game with an Ashe that built Infinity Edge, Trinity Force, Last Whisper, Phantom Dancer, Guardian Angel, and Boots of Swiftness with (I believe) the fruor enchantment. Surprisingly, she did quite well. Somewhat of a normal ADC build, except for the swifty boots, and, the most surprising item, Tri Force.

Granted, her Braum was OP as hell, and her ultimates were on point (there were a couple times where the enemy Gangplank saw an arrow fly right in front of his face that came from across the map), but even though she had a pretty decent team that could work well with her, she did well for an Ashe.

And that got me thinking. I've been trying to figure out a way to make Ashe viable without having to build the standard ADC build (IE, BT, LW, etc.), and I figured out that she could benefit from quite well from Tri Force.

I hate to bore you with math, but I wanted to bring it up.

A standard Ashe combo is first a W, followed by a passive buffed auto attack. This particular Ashe was doing fine with with just IE, LW, and Tri Force. Those 3 items give you 150 AD. Now, building Tri Force takes time, so, assuming that she gets to, lets say, level 11, and she is able to get these 3 items (which is not impossible without getting horribly fed.....I think) her base damage is 82, giving her a total of 232 AD. With runes and masteries, this should go up to around 285, more or less depending on the rune page and masteries (I based that number off of my own pages).

285 AD at level 11 is decent, certainly not amazing, but decent. However, we do need to throw in the item passives (we'll ignore the armor pen from LW for simplicity's sake). Now, a Sheen will proc before a crit strike, and since Ashe's base damage is 82 at lvl 11, this gives her 164 AD off of a Sheen proc, giving one auto attack 449 AD. Now, we can throw in IE, which gives 250% crit damage, and since Ashe is given a guaranteed crit strike, this one auto attack will deal (about) 1122 damage before armor is applied.

Her W has a 100% AD ratio, so, it's easy to figure out the damage it will deal before armor.....285. When using her combo, with those items, runes, and masteries, she has a VERY generous burst of 1407 physical damage. To compare, if you have a Bloodthirster instead of a Tri Force, this number drops to 1160, about 250 damage LESS (and this is at the same level, same masteries, and same runes).

Now, of course, there are plenty of counter arguments to this, such as no lifesteal, Tri Force is extremely expensive (although, IE is a bit more expensive), its a very late game focused build, this burst can only come about once per team fight, etc. However, Ashe can benefit off of every stat it gives: health, mana, attack speed, damage, ability power, move speed, and crit chance. I don't know about any of you, but it seems as if the negatives out-weigh the positives here.

What do you guys think?
Yes, that is Morgana. A thank you to Ubnoxius for this sig!
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 1:47am | Report
Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake somewhere. I have small feeling I did.
Signature brought to you by Ipodpulse!
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 3:54am | Report
Ashe+TF=Legit

I usually build Infinity Edge, Youmuu's Ghostblade and Trinity Force on my Ashe. Arrow in the face, 100%Crit+Trinity proc, pop ghostblade and kill stuff.

I don't usually buy a defensive item when I use this build so I get Statikk Shiv for more burst and attack speed.

Kite build: Add Blade of the Ruined King and Berserker's Greaves - Furor. Have fun :D

Lacks the damage of the more mainstream ADC build but it's fun and it works good against squishy enemies.
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 4:19am | Report
I never tried Youmuu's Ghostblade but I do build Trinity Force sometimes when I don't want a defensive item (aka : YOLO). The burst is real :D
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 7:00am | Report
Eeeeeh no. I mean it's not completely awful but Shiv is more DPS for a cheaper price and a way better build path, especially considering Ashe only has one ability that's not on a huge cooldown - and even then 4 seconds isn't optimal for Triforce. In fact, on Ashe specifically I'm pretty sure you even get as much burst with Shiv because you're guaranteed to get a Shiv proc crit on your first autoattack (200 damage AoE). Triforce damage falls off pretty hard, if you buy it it's for the utility of the Phage passive movement speed - which is pretty good on Ashe - or because your champion innately has godlike synergy with it (i.e. you are Corki). No lifesteal isn't really an option.

There's no need to try to make her viable though because she already is. If you want to play her then go ahead and do it. :^)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 8:06am | Report
Yeah Ashe is perfectly viable, especially at lower Elo where people can't really punish you for picking an insuperior champion because they don't know how to play their own champ properly.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 9:22am | Report
Yeah Ashe is perfectly viable, especially at lower Elo where people can't really punish you for picking an insuperior champion because they don't know how to play their own champ properly.
Yea, that's only sort of true. When you're low elo you're often bad yourself and Ashe is perhaps one of the last ADCs I want to see randos playing as a support main. She's ahead of Varus and Jinx because people don't usually try to build her strangely to compensate for her having such low mobility, but not by much because instead they just get grabbed every two minutes or otherwise have the **** beaten out of them because they can't dodge skillshots for ****.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 9:33am | Report
I guess Ashe is viable in the sense that you can pick her and do well with her, but honestly she's a terrible pick. I mean it's like saying Quinn is viable, I guess she is in some regards but she's absolutely terrible. Ashe is probably Quinn/ Urgot tier (although I actually don't think urgot is that terrible). I don't think Tri-force will make her viable, it's a decent item, but Ashe scales well into the late game, she has no steroid and scales off quite a bit of crit, so she needs some items to be effective compared to other adc's. Triforce probably delays your IE way too much
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 10:49am | Report
I did play a game with this build (except I switched out swifty boots for berserkers).

Built IE just fine, proceeded to build TF just fine. Then Last Whisper. I must admit, I really enjoyed it! Phage helped the kiting, Sheen and IE improved the burst. It was just awesome!

I think I may very well continue building her this way.
Thank You Emoriam!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 11:21am | Report
Tri-force is generally an item you build while you're ahead or to get ahead. I mean there's a reason most ezreal and corki and kogmaw players build triforce first. It's a good item to snowball off of. I think it's effectiveness is greatly dimished if you build it later, especially on a champion like ashe, you're probably better off just getting statikk shiv or phantom dancer
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide