Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Countering your main/mains?

Creator: Pølsemanden April 13, 2013 7:29am
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 4:24pm | Report

Thresh: Play Ezreal or Graves. Avoid his Q, or be a bulky support and get hooked intentionally to start fights.

Ezreal gets 2 shotted and Graves has low enough range that he'll be chunked every time he tries to CS.

How to beat Thresh:
Pick Nunu & Willump, Iceball has more range than his auto-attacks and you can kite Thresh easily, BloodBoil gives enough MS to dodge his hook

General Tips:
Ward bushes so you can see the windup on his hook, making it easier to dodge.
He has relatively short range, so farm at max range.
Harass him when he tries to collect souls.
He has long early cooldowns, so if he misses Q or E or uses W to collect souls, go in immediately.
Don't let him harass you for free, he has no sustain and his early shield is relatively weak, so try trading
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 5:27pm | Report
Yorick: either pick Nunu & Willump or let him farm and push while you wait for a gank. 2 ganks before lvl6 should do the trick and you can lane on similar terms (probably he's just screwed).

LeBlanc: afk farm and shove lane. keep your distance, play safe and don't let her roam. she sucks at protecting her turret. if she's being really agressive (W+Q[+R]), call for ganks/recall if below 50%hp, no exceptions.

Sejuani/ Amumu: abuse her/his early jungle levels since they have sustain problems and no dueling skills. after lvl6, you have to counterplay their aoe.

Rammus: he's useless right now, imo. anti-ganks just ward a bit further back. as a jungler, you can invade him or steal his blue (preferably) and he's on a bad spot. he needs a bit of farm to work properly, and that is really hard in the jungle.

Lux: she can kit you and faceroll your damage with her shield but if you have a gapcloser she little more can do than flash and **** herself.

Sig made by Tamy
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 5:49pm | Report
Nidalee - there is no counterplay, i'm god at nidalee
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 6:31pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

Yorick: either pick Nunu & Willump or let him farm and push while you wait for a gank. 2 ganks before lvl6 should do the trick and you can lane on similar terms (probably he's just screwed).

LeBlanc: afk farm and shove lane. keep your distance, play safe and don't let her roam. she sucks at protecting her turret. if she's being really agressive (W+Q[+R]), call for ganks/recall if below 50%hp, no exceptions.

Sejuani/ Amumu: abuse her/his early jungle levels since they have sustain problems and no dueling skills. after lvl6, you have to counterplay their aoe.

Rammus: he's useless right now, imo. anti-ganks just ward a bit further back. as a jungler, you can invade him or steal his blue (preferably) and he's on a bad spot. he needs a bit of farm to work properly, and that is really hard in the jungle.

Lux: she can kit you and faceroll your damage with her shield but if you have a gapcloser she little more can do than flash and **** herself.

i completely disregarded your post cuz you hate on ma turtle
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/eune/20496870#history
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 6:52pm | Report
I have seen Rammus on LCS recently so i dont think hes by any means weak but hard to get on a good spot
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 5:45am | Report
i used to lane Rammus and it was so less painfull. for jungle there are much more stable options. I rarely managed to pull it off, usually because I never saw an opportunity to gank. Say whatever you want, if your laners are pushing i'm not even bother ganking before i get some DECENT armor and HP items. Regardless, Rammus' early game is to be abused of. As Rammus himself, gank 24/7 or get behind (this implies your team actually creates conditions for ganks).

Quoted:

i completely disregarded your post cuz you hate on ma turtle
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/eune/20496870#history

i don't hate on Rammus. I enjoy playing him but, as I say all the time, Riot screwed him in S2, nerfing his base stats to the ground.

btw, showoff. I have more Rammus wins in the pocket (loads of comebacks too) than you can imagine. :P

and there is absolutely no reason for you to disregard my post. my post is legit.

IAmByakuya wrote:

I have seen Rammus on LCS recently so i dont think hes by any means weak but hard to get on a good spot

no invade/steal strategy was avaiable wen Cyanide was using him, hence there were decent results. Last EUW inhouse I specifically picked Lee Sin to counterplay Polse. I was fortunate enough to guess he'd gank LeBlanc first and his *** got wiped. :P

later, the worst move was to gank his toplanes Malphite (no damage ftw) and they died as well (at least one of them). =)
that's why you pick stuff like Vi, Jarvan IV etc, because they can actually provide damage to a gank.

Sig made by Aquilegia
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 6:55am | Report
I remember that :p

Ade was like, lee's here we should back off, pølse? pølse??? <.<

And i was like, if we kill khazeeeem you get double - gogogo.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 8:03am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:
at least one of them

Both of them died. I remember it well...

...because I killed them >:D

I don't really have any mains atm, so hard to tell how to counter them, lol.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
TheRedPenguin
<Inhouse Regular>
TheRedPenguin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 10:23am | Report
Thresh :
Go infront of his lantern when he throws it to save teammates.
It prioritizes to show champion so you actually hide the lantern and the enemy can only attack you and never be able to click on the lantern.

Diana :
Trade with her when her Q is down.(pre nashor)
Play Swain.
Gank her early with gap closing junglers that do alot of damage early game like Xin Zhao, Jarvan IV, Lee Sin, Jax .
Remote Unleash
<Member>
Remote Unleash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 3:53pm | Report
Jarvan IV:

Avoid his Demacian Standard - Dragon Strike combo and you'll wreck him, as that's more than half of his kit and his main escape method. Keep Flash or another terrain-jumping escape up for when he ults you with Cataclysm. Most Jarvan players ult you immediately after hitting you with Dragon Strike because the armor debuff makes his Cataclysm hit harder, so back off for a bit after he Q's you. Build lots of armor and health to counter the debuff from Dragon Strike and to survive his full combo.

Counter picks in top lane: Shen, Jax, Elise, Darius.

Counter picks in jungle: Dr. Mundo, Amumu

Hecarim:

You'll rarely find Hecarim outside of the jungle. Start with Boots if you can, as he will more than likely try to gank you pre-6 and you'll have to be able to move quickly to avoid him. Never, ever forget to ward your lane when Hecarim is in the jungle. When he pops Spirit of Dread, try to back off, as it heals him for 20% of damage dealt to enemies within it's area. Once he uses that, then he has significantly less sustain, and you can take him down. Be wary of him setting up to Spirit of Dread you. Burning your Flash to escape it would be justified as it both deals damage and fears you (and anyone else around you) for a second. A good Hecarim will make you walk straight into his team with his ultimate. No one escapes Hecarim, and few can catch him. Keep that in mind when playing against him.

Counter picks in jungle: Shyvana, Dr. Mundo, Cho'Gath

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide