Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How is this scout behaviour ?

Creator: Joxuu June 21, 2013 2:40am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:27am | Report
The same thing is actually happening with the Aatrox guides. I'd rather take no guides at all, rather than the **** we're getting offered at the moment. When Astrolia's troll guide is actually arguably better than pretty much 100% of the other guides, that's when I'm glad we downvoted them below 50%.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:27am | Report

It would take hundreds of lagger clones to just completely nullify that.

Quoted:

ON RELEASE
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:36am | Report
Suffice it to say, the worst you can collar Lagger for is apparently spam. The real reason people want something done about him is 1) misinformation and 2) attitude.

So basically, you are hating on him because he's behaving like an arrogant noob. This is pretty much 60-80% of the League of Legends community (yes, a rather wide generalisation that includes pretty much all Bronze and below players, but it's just to establish a point). Yet you only call him out because he's managed to achieve a prominent ranking and is an extremely active user.

Just putting it into perspective, there's really nothing you actually have for your case that genuinely justifies a need to take action against our resident Shaco.

No, I do not count the spam, because he usually gives a downvote to follow. At least he lets people know that he downvoted them. There could be people (like me) who just trolldownvote and run.

In my opinion, there's really not anything more to discuss. I think the thread should be locked. If there's actually something that he's done that's against MOBAFire policy (other than spam), then there might be a reason to continue. Since, to my knowledge, this is not the case, there is nothing to discuss.

Might I suggest you try PMing him?
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:53am | Report
I don't feel there is a clear opinion on this Lagger guy. I just would like to say having an opinion shouldn't be validated if even though it is shown a justification for it, it has no ground to hold (basically an opinion shouldn't be considered one if based on false facts or fallacies). And seems to me, according to a post by otg, that he's allowed to downvote with an opinion that is not trustworthy. that is a problem, not the fact that the only thing a user does is downvote.

Sig made by Aquilegia
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:53am | Report
Quoted:
It would take hundreds of lagger clones to just completely nullify that.

BRB.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 4:01am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

And seems to me, according to a post by otg, that he's allowed to downvote with an opinion that is not trustworthy.

Anyone is allowed to downvote with an opinion that is not trustworthy - see the numerous top guides we have that are filled with undeserved upvotes.

It may be a problem, but it's not something that we must do something about per se.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 4:03am | Report
@Sirell: It's not all about what he does, it's about how he does it.

I'm OK with all the downvotes he does, IF HE HAS PROPER ARGUEMENT. He makes downvotes and he can't back them up. He reasons the downvotes like "wrong skill sequence and looks bad" with answers like "I'm always correct, that's why I'm scout and you are not". Instead of like "Your skill sequence is wrong, because Malphite doesn't need his W maxed. Q is much better for X reason." How is the guy supposed to impress him or others like him, when he can't improve based on what he has said. This is why I am upset.

Copy-pasting the same message over and over again or just saying **** guide.
If you have the time to downvote the guides, you better have the time to explain why it's **** guide, so the author could make better guides in the future. If you can't back-up your statements then just leave it.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 4:08am | Report
What you're suggesting takes a lot of patience

Ive done this for a long while, and believe me, it is fun at the start, but you start hating it within a few weeks.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 4:16am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

What you're suggesting takes a lot of patience

Ive done this for a long while, and believe me, it is fun at the start, but you start hating it within a few weeks.

I've tried this also. He says in his own guide to take suggestions into account, but what kind of suggestion is "**** guide" ? Why take the time to arguement about his comment being right or wrong instead of explaining it ? I see it as scout's duty to explain the flaws in a guide, but guess It's only me.

I have said what I came to say now, I'll drop this thread here from my part. Moderator will propably thrash this anyway when seen as it's a thread against someone now.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 4:18am | Report
I don't really have a problem with him. His arguments are full of **** and fun to read sometimes. :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide