Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How is this scout behaviour ?

Creator: Joxuu June 21, 2013 2:40am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 2:40am | Report
I'm quite unsure of scout's job other than giving publicity to the best guides like Astrolias (Just a example out of many other fantastic guide makers)

Shouldn't they be helping to improve and advice guidemakers overall ?

OK, now someone tell me: How is this helping the author ?

Spoiler: Click to view

Won't tell the name, but he is full of himself and everything out from his build = Bad and should be deleted. One example was a comment on bad guide indeed, but advicing AD zyra over AP in ARAM to him.. Doubt he was all that seriouse, but the guy may now be building AD zyras.. He does make few useful comments and few actually good reasons to downvotes (in my opinion), but most of the comments he makes are **** and shouldn't be said by someone who is supposed to improve quality of guides.

So what are scouts supposed to do overall and is that OK what I posted above ?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 2:50am | Report
Why even hide the identity? everyone knows it's laggermeister. Lol.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 2:52am | Report
I think we all know who it is, lol.

I've given this speech God knows how many times, so I'm simply going to paraphrase it.

We're not actually obliged to help guide-writers. To add to this, Scouts aren't obliged to help guides either.

Quoted:
Scouts: The second level promotion, Scouts gain the ability to give out scout points to guides. Each scout can give one scout point to any guides they choose. When a guide gets enough points from various scouts, it gets marked as a featured guide and promoted across the site. Scouts have access to a tool that allows them to track what guides are being scouted, as well as a private forum where they can discuss scouting activities.

Outside of given a little extra voting power, they aren't obliged at all to be helpful. If he downvotes a guide because there's something about it that he doesn't like, that's his prerogative. I may not agree with him 80% of the time at the moment, but a call to arms against a single 'troll-voter' is, perhaps, taking it a bit too far. Although, I suppose he has pissed off a great deal of people as of late, lol.

Also, I agree with his stance in your example. I believe quite strongly that all day one guides should be downvoted, regardless of whether the content ends up to be right or not. But that's a discussion for another time.

Put simply, the 'scout behaviour' that you are implying quite simply doesn't exist.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:01am | Report
Laggers at the point where he's copy pasting votes, which is technically considered spam. I've even reported him for it. XD
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:02am | Report
Yeah well now this looks like a hate message, didn't expect it to take long until someone would say yo it's him.

I just feel bad for the guys who he downvoted, because there were actually some good stuff along the actual bad guides. With little bit advice, they would be good guides, but instead just instant -1 from scout makes others downvote it as well and suddenly AP Aatrox guide was better ranked than quite good Aatrox guide. Scout's word actually pressure a lot it seems.

The point of this thread is something like shouldn't scouts be helping instead of "trolling" the guides they don't like. The really horrible ones I understand, but downvoting because of 1 movementspeed quint instead of saying "You could switch around it to X"

Most of the scouts are really good and help others out much, could be giving several names, but I was quite unhappy with laggermeister's actions, being cocky and I know it all attitude really bothers me and I'm sure I am not the only one.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:04am | Report
This is another topic that has been beaten to death. It's never got him to stop before. :p
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:04am | Report
This topic has been discussed a looooot of times.

Like sirell said, Laggermeister has the right to show his opinion, whether negative or positive in any form of way, whether he is scout or not.

Also the fact that there are many new guides out there that just are very bad. Sometimes they even get upvoted by puppets/friends and no one dares to downvote because they are afraid they are wrong (I mean, it is easy to downvote a 30% guide, but downvoting a 70% guide where everyone tells you how amazing the guide is while it is not, is hard for some people)

Laggermeister, as stupid as it may look, is quite necessary to keep all the baddies out. If someone cannot handle Laggermeisters comment, then why would they handle any other comment? They should just leave/improve.

Though I must admit that lately, I start to have doubts about him, since he starts to use strange arguments to defend his downvotes on very good guides, but maybe that is just temporary :P

Maybe if someone else also makes a thread about it, we can talk about it again! Yeey :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:07am | Report
Banana, it isn't necessary at all. We only allow it because arguing with him is pointless and he hasn't actually done anything that breaks the rules hard enough for more than a 3 day ban. His votes do nothing in the grand scheme of things. he just does it because he has a reputation at this point.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:10am | Report
Just give him a warning, should be enough.

I know he is losing it, but that doesn't mean it will be permanent :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 3:10am | Report
He's had many. -.-
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide