Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How is this scout behaviour ?

Creator: Joxuu June 21, 2013 2:40am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Absolute.0
<Member>
Absolute.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 4:27am | Report
I think this discussion is pointless. (Not against the starter or anything.)

The thing is, as Sirell said, the only thing you can pin Lagger for is he's spamming.
I don't honestly think it's a big deal since he's just making a point of repeating what he said to all those 1 day guide again and again.

If he posted 5 or 6 in 1 guide then that is what I call spamming.

And as for the main topic, no, aside from giving out scout points, scouts are in no way obliged to help the guide maker. Just like any regular member.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 4:41am | Report
As mentioned before by others, he's not strictly breaking rules.

Nonetheless we will look into this and see what we can do. I can't give any further details about what our course of action will be though, because I'll have to discuss that with the other mods first.

Oh, and eh, on a personal note: Lagger's downvotes are not the difference between a Mobafire with good top rated guides or bad ones, lol. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read since I joined this site, and that's saying something.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 4:49am | Report
Yeah, there are a fair few people that are counter-voting him these days, myself included. Lagger may have some influence, but it's not so OP as to prevent guides from rising (regardless of whether they deserve it or not).
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 5:23am | Report
How did a thread about a

"Scout acting out of line and should be held responsible for it"

ended up in

"Well, he can't be the source of all vote problems so it's k" ???

Srsly.... anyone who knows him personally and likes(dislikes) him should just shut up before throwing in more biased nonsense...
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 5:46am | Report
I think you missed the important parts of the arguments that led up to that final statement (which isn't really completely accurate anyway).

'Scout acting out of line and should held responsible for it' was not in fact acting out of line and does things that apparently 60-80% of the LoL community do, and he has not broken any MF policies (aside from spamming, apparently), therefore he cannot be held accountable.

Please put things in the proper context before you spew any more irony.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 7:58am | Report
That's why I added that last sentences just for ppl like you.

It's right were it belongs, fending off some guys who just want to defend the scout position or one guy they personally take a liking to, no matter what.

Downvoting a guide just for being a Day One release on a website that allows anyone, anytime to write guides about anything with rapt attention is just practically non-sense.

Even more with him being a Scout who should support exactly that.

He works against the system, he works against you and against the people MobaFire wants to attend here.

In which way do you think he doesn't act out of line?
Because he actually hits some "bad" guys, too?

Either way you guys simply defend your fellow "Laggy" or some with the same rank just don't want to admit that your oh-so-good scout system is abusable.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 8:37am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Either way you guys simply defend your fellow "Laggy" or some with the same rank just don't want to admit that your oh-so-good scout system is abusable.

I already liked Laggermeister before he was a scout :P

Quoted:
In which way do you think he doesn't act out of line?
Because he actually hits some "bad" guys, too?

No, because he hits ALL the bad guys. There are sooooo many idiots out there that come here to upload ****py guides, which is fine. But if they expect us to sugarcoat every single thing they should do well, then they shouldn't create a guide in the first place.

Laggermeister confronts the guide writer. When confronted, guidewriters show who they really are, are they just idiots? Do they really want to do their best for their guides? Don't they even care about the reader and only care about their own %?

I am not saying that everyone should act like Laggermeister, no that is stupid. We have people that are just harsh, negative and direct, and you have people that want to help, be positive and let the author learn from its mistake. Mobafire needs both of these kinds. We need someone that scares off the idiots and we need some that help the noobies. So that the mobafire guide quality remains in balance :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 9:26am | Report
This illustrates problems with the completely absurd policy on troll vote moderation (to be precise, the lack thereof), which absolutely NEEDS to be addressed first, rather than laggermeister's personal conduct. (In fact, I'm willing to wager he's doing this to demonstrate the flaw, rather than just going insane on a rampage of downvoting).

I can downvote every guide on Mobafire for being imperfect or even just for personal dislike and it is perfectly within the rules. This can't be right.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 9:40am | Report
Satella wrote:

This illustrates problems with the completely absurd policy on troll vote moderation (to be precise, the lack thereof), which absolutely NEEDS to be addressed first, rather than laggermeister's personal conduct. (In fact, I'm willing to wager he's doing this to demonstrate the flaw, rather than just going insane on a rampage of downvoting).

I can downvote every guide on Mobafire for being imperfect or even just for personal dislike and it is perfectly within the rules. This can't be right.

Depends on your view of right and wrong.

If right means that all guides and votes should first fill in some kind of form before they can actually create their guide/vote, so that everyone gets an in-depth view.

Or that right means that people are free to do what they want. People are free to upload guides, but people are also free to break those guides down.

The first one is a lot of work and people will get scared away to write guides or vote on them.
The second one is much less work but also may create conflicts between authors and readers.

I honestly prefer the second one :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 10:08am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

The first one is a lot of work and people will get scared away to write guides or vote on them.

If you can't put in effort you don't deserve anything. A good guide takes time to create, adding a barrier of entry will cull the number of bad guides substantially.

Similarly, if you can offer constructive criticism, you generally should. It is understandable to downvote some extremely bad guides without commenting, but being allowed to arbitrarily downvote with no justification other than "I don't like the guide" is a loophole ripe for abuse.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide