Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How is this scout behaviour ?

Creator: Joxuu June 21, 2013 2:40am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 10:41am | Report
Satella wrote:

If you can't put in effort you don't deserve anything. A good guide takes time to create, adding a barrier of entry will cull the number of bad guides substantially.

Similarly, if you can offer constructive criticism, you generally should. It is understandable to downvote some extremely bad guides without commenting, but being allowed to arbitrarily downvote with no justification other than "I don't like the guide" is a loophole ripe for abuse.

I can see your point.

However, think about it. People have the right to vote whatever they want. In cases where there is no C2V, loads of people do not comment to vote. They did not show any form of reason at all why they voted, they didnt say why something sucks, they didnt help at all, does that mean we must allow C2V forever?

That topic has been discussed milions of times, and the best answer so far is:
No we shouldn't, since people are more afraid to look bad if they actually have to comment in order to vote, so guides get more % than they deserve.

Laggermeister actually shows more reason than a lot of other voters do, since 1 is still 1 more than 0. This shows that the situation is quite more complicated than it may seem, and the best options would be: Either approve it all, or disapprove it all (with a strict system n stuff).

Since a middle road will only cause trouble, complications, discussions and stuff like that. If we can chose between those 2, I still chose for approving it all.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 11:35am | Report
@ the people saying his downvotes are justified / he's a positive member of our community.

He downvotes every guide he looks at, not just the bad ones. He admitted to clicking on a guide just to downvote it, and searching for anything in the guide that would justify the downvote.

I've tried reporting him, but the mod who responded to it didn't seem to think he breaks any rules.

This was my response, but it got ignored.

Spoiler: Click to view

That was my response when the mod said he wasn't breaking any rules, but like I said, it got ignored, or the mod didn't respond, at least.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 11:36am | Report
He is not aggressive and also not insulting, the only thing he is is negative. He is not breaking the rules.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 12:13pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

He is not aggressive and also not insulting, the only thing he is is negative. He is not breaking the rules.

"lrn2play, noob"
"QQ more while I downvote your guide for being ****"
"SEA are uneducated morons" ( saying this directly to a SEA player )
"No one gives a **** cuz you're bronze"
"Learn to play, scrub"

We appear to have different definitions of insulting, and aggressiveness.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 12:16pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

He is not breaking the rules.

This means the rules are broken. We are in contact with people who are capable of fixing that. Why don't you guys see the bigger problem?
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 12:26pm | Report
@Vapora; Probably.

@Satella; what bigger problem?
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 12:31pm | Report
I use other forums for something else, and most of the people there are quite aggressive and can get away with a lot without any mod intervention, most of the time. But even there, anyone acting like Laggermeister would get a perm ban if they repeatedly made comments like his. Or they would be banned so often that you'd only have to put up with them for a couple of hours after their post ban ends before they get post banned again.

People seem to think that just because Lagger's posts come in the form of downvotes, all aggression and unprovoked demeaning insults are completely justified for some reason.

"Meiyjhe, no one gives a **** because you're silver, learn to play noob. And your guides are ****, go QQ while I downvote them you uneducated moron."

Do you seriously think that comment has no excessive aggression nor insults in it?
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 1:01pm | Report
I don't think its too much to ask of him to be less insulting. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it really bothers me that someone in a leadership position is essentially encouraged to continue this behavior. If nothing else it gives people the wrong impression of Mobafire, but even worse is that they are the people frequenting the site.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 1:34pm | Report

Meiyjhe, no one gives a **** because you're silver, learn to play noob. And your guides are ****, go QQ while I downvote them you uneducated moron.

Its not agression, its stupidity :P
Aggression is basically hostile behaviour. Meaning that the guy writing it needs to have some kind of form of anger. Laggermeister is not an angry person.
Insults are statements that are considered offensive. I am not offended by someone I do not know that he thinks that I am doing it wrong.

Stupiditiy however, is a lack of intelligence and understanding. The guy has no idea who he is talking to, so he doesn't understand me, so it is stupidity :P
Very different things indeed.

Quoted:
People seem to think that just because Lagger's posts come in the form of downvotes, all aggression and unprovoked demeaning insults are completely justified for some reason.

It is not because it is not a downvote, but because he is who he is. The same reason we love Draven, he is a cocky bastard, but he is who he is :P

I don't think its too much to ask of him to be less insulting. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it really bothers me that someone in a leadership position is essentially encouraged to continue this behavior. If nothing else it gives people the wrong impression of Mobafire, but even worse is that they are the people frequenting the site.

The "leadership" position (in this case Wayne3100) said it isn't against the rules, and he would discuss it with the other moderators how the handle this situation. No leadership position ever encouraged the behaviour.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 1:48pm | Report
They encourage it by having no consequences for his actions. He is a scout, something above a normal user, regardless of how accurate his opinion it could be handled in a more polite manner. Like I said, it isn't much to ask.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide