Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

My ideas on a new scouting system

Creator: Vynertje June 12, 2013 12:46pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Would you like this idea?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 3:22am | Report
Ok. I'm out. I rest my case.

EDIT: I would like to know why the admins are not personally responding to this.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 10:30am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I'm not too sure about that. In LoLKing Points (which is supposed to line up with elo), it's about mid plat 3. I was also 1800 elo right before the switch to leagues and was placed in plat V. I think diamond is a fair bit higher than 2k.

*FLEX*
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 10:55am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

EDIT: I would like to know why the admins are not personally responding to this.

why do they need to? You're getting plenty of feedback from the moderators.

You're pushing for a system that involves you. It seems that you're trying to push this for your own personal gain rather than actually helping the system
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 11:09am | Report
@Vynertje

Admins can't always be around to immediately respond to things. That doesn't mean they won't see this and catch up on it though ;)

I wasn't trying to say you should just give up, I'm just saying it isn't as easy as you seem to think judging by your comments. In all your comments so far I've seen you point out that the current system is not working and that people are lazy, but not how to fix it. Yes, you mentioned a plan, but I don't think it'll work (Psi mentioned on page 3 why). If you think it will, the least you can do is elaborate and explain how it would work in detail. Who would be the "Host" you mentioned (correct me if I used the wrong term here)? You, because you came up with this? Is that fair, does that make you the most qualified person? What has anyone on this site done to even earn being the "boss" of the Scout forums, anyway? And how does this host decide who becomes a scout? Is it based on elo, rep, activity, personality, dedication? If this host thinks someone isn't dedicated enough but other scouts disagree, then what happens?

You're assuming no one is willing to work with you since we're telling you it has already been thoroughly discussed, but the fact of the matter remains that it has and it's hard to solve. Someone stepping up, taking charge and scouting a bit is great, but will inevitably lead to problems in the future in terms of the organisation (it sounds more like a short term fix).

Sorry if I asked any questions you feel you've answered previously, I was trying to illustrate a point by asking so many questions, not necessarily saying you haven't talked about anything in a bit more detail. If we're going to make this work, we need detail on everything though :|

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 3:31pm | Report
Personally, I think giving up and archiving all his guides and "peacing out" is a clear sign that he wouldn't be fit to handle the responsibility of a scout. Scouts who "peace out" and archive all their guides CAN come back, but they'll always be remembered for giving up and archiving their guides.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 3:50pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

get over yourself buddy...maybe spend a bit more time here before you decide 'omg this system sucks and i can fix it cause i'm awesome like that, totally would be best scout na' plenty of people have come here and tried to change the system before you...people who have proven their dedication to the site by being here a while, gaining the respect of other members and being a good player.

____━━____┓━╭━━━━━╮
____━━____┗┓|::::::^━━━^
____━━____━┗|:::::|。◕‿‿­­­­◕。|
____━━____━━╰O--O-O--O ╯

Fear the power of the Nyan!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 4:18pm | Report
@ Jhoi

There is no point in me supporting a failed system anymore when no one is trying to make a change. I am still willing to make that change, and if I might ever make it to the position of scout myself, I'll do anything to prove my worth. Until then, I'm just going to take a break and relax because all this has caused me is frustration.

PS: I do realize that archiving my guides perhaps isn't the best strategy, but all this stuff has pretty upset me because there's just tons of filthy stuff going on (behind my back, or behind other people's backs). I've heard stories that make you 'not deserve' your spot as veteran nor scout as well. How about we stop doing personal attacks in the first place, it is ****ing ******ed and childish?

@ Night

I actually have proven in the past that I am capable of being a good scout through my guide reviews (read the feedback on the thread itself if you want), and I have been active on the site itself since early 2012. There are quite a lot of people who agree with me on the topic at hand and are willing to support me.

@ Mooni

What would I have to gain (I mean, it is not going to get me any money...)? It would only cost me more time. So why am I doing this, then? Because I like it. I like giving guide reviews, I like giving people my insights, and because I get damn annoying when things don't work the way they are supposed to. Seriously, I don't care WHO would take the lead of this ****, as long as something starts happening again, I'm fine.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 4:25pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Ok even I'm not arrogant enough to say something like that. You do know these people have way more important things to do than reply to every little nitpick about the system right? The fact that they respond to any threads is pretty cool. These people have jobs, and they can't spend their time answering every question posed to them. Especially when the same questions keep getting asked and answered on a regular basis.

And your disrespect for the people that have tried to talk things over with you is pretty disgusting. These guys have been way more polite than I would be if I were to try to explain why it wouldn't work. They've answered all your questions and worked with you this whole time. You've ignored their advice completely and just gone with "**** you all. I'm right. Deuces." I might not have the best attitude sometimes, but that's just childish and honestly pathetic.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 4:27pm | Report
My lyrics are for you, dear sir.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 4:45pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

What would I have to gain (I mean, it is not going to get me any money...)? It would only cost me more time. So why am I doing this, then? Because I like it. I like giving guide reviews, I like giving people my insights, and because I get damn annoying when things don't work the way they are supposed to. Seriously, I don't care WHO would take the lead of this ****, as long as something starts happening again, I'm fine.

You can already give reviews to guides without the rank of Scout
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide