Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

PBE Balance Changes (for next patch)

Creator: FalseoGod December 20, 2012 8:14pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
sL Anomaly
<Member>
sL Anomaly's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 7:39am | Report
Well technically speaking if you're comparing bursts, Karthus does more burst than Annie with 3 Q's and 3 ticks of Defile. And Karthus normally builds RoA so I see nothing wrong with building RoA on Annie.

And honestly it's all about preference.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 8:01am | Report
sL Anomaly wrote:

Well technically speaking if you're comparing bursts, Karthus does more burst than Annie with 3 Q's and 3 ticks of Defile. And Karthus normally builds RoA so I see nothing wrong with building RoA on Annie.

Karthus isn't a burst mage, he wants to be able to stick with Defile for as long as possible in teamfights. It's not just about his R.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 8:46am | Report
sL Anomaly wrote:

It's not about the damage you do, it's about the champion as a whole.

Annie: you flash R-W-Q-E after that it almost doesn't matter if you die or not - you might be able to get off 1 more stun but that's it, not only this but you also have more snowballing potential with a double doran's into rabadons

Karthus: you Q-Q-Q-Q-Q-Q-Q-Q-Q-Q-Q and by doing this you keep staying relevant in a teamfight, you're not all about the burst whereas annie is.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 8:49am | Report
sL Anomaly wrote:

That's not burst. Karthus is a dps mage; not a burst mage. Sure he can do very high damage in a relatively short period of tiime but that combo you just descibed takes at least 3 seconds. Besides, due to Karthus' dps nature he can build RoA and still do a lot of damage while champions like Annie land all their spells instantly and only once, so they need more AP to compensate.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 9:26am | Report
Building RoA on Annie is pretty much the same thing as building RoA on LeBlanc or Veigar if you ask me. Sure it might work and it isn't the worst item in the world for them but you're much better off stacking AP and MPen.

Although that said Annie is a pretty worthless champion right now and I can't see these buffs changing that.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 12:06pm | Report
actually RoA is very good on Annie.

...in TT.

Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Totallynotn00b's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 12:30pm | Report
I always built RoA on Annie in S2.

Your base damages were high enough to kill with, and RoA kept it that way.
Plus, she's a short-ranged mage, and with molten shield could absorb quite a sizable amount of punishment.

She's not in a great place at the moment, as it seems everything she does, someone else can do better.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 3:03pm | Report

I always built RoA on Annie in S2.

Your base damages were high enough to kill with, and RoA kept it that way.
Plus, she's a short-ranged mage, and with molten shield could absorb quite a sizable amount of punishment.

She's not in a great place at the moment, as it seems everything she does, someone else can do better.

how about Muramana on LeBlanc? =3

on another note, many have no idea what Annie is about and seem easy to be caught off guard. Same applies to other champs that are less popular.

Sig made by Aquilegia
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Totallynotn00b's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 5:13pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

how about Muramana on LeBlanc? =3

on another note, many have no idea what Annie is about and seem easy to be caught off guard. Same applies to other champs that are less popular.

Enjoy sitting around for most of your prime time charging a tear and running oom.

Annie? Get to 6, flash -> burst you.
Success? good.
FAil? Whoops. proceed to be nothing but a glorified stun bot.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 5:51pm | Report
RoA is preference on a lot of champs. On Annie it makes your laning stronger because of the sustain and tankiness it gives, while keeping your burst nice and high. Annie isn't in a bad spot right now either as most top teams know too lol, she'll be fine after these buffs.

As for RoA in general, it isn't bad on ALL burst mages. Plenty of games I will go RoA on kassadin, and i've seen it built on ahri, malz, xerath, and a few others. I don't fully agree with RoA on these champs either, but it isn't terrible just because you are a "burst mage."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide