Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Upcoming Ahri nerf in Draven's patch

Creator: Blood26 June 1, 2012 12:46pm
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 11:55pm | Report

Now that the patch has come out i realized something that everyone seems to be overlooking. Her main poke/harass and farming attack is her Q (orb of deception). This attack was not touched. During the laning phase she is still very strong, the only real difference is that her combo (E-Q-W-(R depending on situation)), is not as strong a nuke, however it still does massive damage. Sure her W is also very good for poking particularly if you do not want to clear minions, but it is still shorter range than her Q and was always less effective. Even if you do use her Q to poke all this usually is is just that, a poke, it was never Ahri's main damage dealer to begin with, and it still does damage. As far as her ultimate goes, if you have a build that is at all decent you should get over 300 ap by mid to late game, the only issue is that she is not as able to tower dive during the laning phase as before (that said the first game i played after the patch I got a double kill from a tower dive with her ult within the first 15 minutes). Overall the harshness of the comments I have seen about the nerf are entirely exaggerated. If you think about it rationally the nerf was really pretty small and, especially after testing it out, does not affect her ability to be played.

I Q_Q-ed when you her tower dive is no longer strong in laning. I thought the whole idea of her Ult was to catch up fleeing enemies past the tower by diving in quickly and getting out before she gets two shot down by the Turrets. Now this worries me. I was going to go easy on the nerf and not say anything that's unnecessarily bad at this point until I've tried her, but this... man. Now I'm very worried, her ult and fox fire is nerfed to the point where she can no longer tower dive and get a kill ? Now this is bad.

P/S, wait a second, was re-reading your post. "the only issue is that she is not as able to tower dive during the laning phase as before (that said the first game i played after the patch I got a double kill from a tower dive with her ult within the first 15 minutes). "

You said she cant tower dive no more laning phase but you got double kill ._. ? Now I'm lost.
THANK YOU LACORPSE FOR THE SIGGY. YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAN SERVICE :D !!

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 1:18am | Report
Blood26 wrote:

I Q_Q-ed when you her tower dive is no longer strong in laning. I thought the whole idea of her Ult was to catch up fleeing enemies past the tower by diving in quickly and getting out before she gets two shot down by the Turrets. Now this worries me. I was going to go easy on the nerf and not say anything that's unnecessarily bad at this point until I've tried her, but this... man. Now I'm very worried, her ult and fox fire is nerfed to the point where she can no longer tower dive and get a kill ? Now this is bad.

P/S, wait a second, was re-reading your post. "the only issue is that she is not as able to tower dive during the laning phase as before (that said the first game i played after the patch I got a double kill from a tower dive with her ult within the first 15 minutes). "

You said she cant tower dive no more laning phase but you got double kill ._. ? Now I'm lost.

I said "not as able", however she can still tower dive obviously, the dynamic of her ult is still the same it simply does a bit less damage early game. The comment about the double kill was added to reassure that it is still possible just more difficult.
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 3:03am | Report
@Bloob26

I'm not a fan of tower diving because too risky.
I almost never tower dive if the enemy champ still has 40% hp because who knows if I'd miss one of my skill shots and waste my ult.
Preventing him/her from farming in front of towers by just standing there is good enough(provided that both sides are warded)
If you harass good enough and get him/her to 30% hp,which I consider as a safe level for tower diving I'd go for it.Tower diving is still viable if you are more careful and aware of their health.Just Q to shred their hp as much as possible and then decide whether it's worth it or not.
Mihofeliz
<Member>
Mihofeliz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 8:26am | Report
guys, as a main AP mid player, and Ahri as my main from her birth, i can see a little things from Riot:

- Ahri as a caster allways have low AP Bonus compared other APs (.8 now max, and need 3 on same target), is this a disvavantaje? NO her have great base damage, make the little fox awesome on early.

- Ahri AP progression is slower, and she makes better with utility AP items like Hextex (WotA) and Rylay geting soon than rabadon, and make this a early/mid killing machine, combined with an easy farm Skill (Q)

- This "nerf" only makes her priorize Rabadon over Rylay/other, and make me play more farmer and less agresive from 3 to 6.

- Riot only "slow" ahri agression on early, to give time to other APs mid survive up to level 6.

- a 5% modifier on late is 5 damage (true on Q) per 100 AP, do the maths, just need more AP, but at 600+, u got a nice boost on long term games.

- and be real : if an Ahri feeds more than u before level 11, u are ****ed anyway.

btw, on my opinion, Ahri got one of the BEST relation Risk / Learning Curve reward, but is a little hard to master. If you play well, and be lucky, Ahri is terific. if u dont use she well...

Ahri is very very popular, so, she is knowed, trained and very used on ranked and good teams. that makes easy to see trained guys on her, and, as i say above, make her more rewarding... (or "OP" , noobs will say)

THE REAL PAIN is the other nerfs, this is the 6th and 7th "nerf" (just balance btw) , but the other 5 was terrific, 2 CD nerf, mana increase, and the worst 25% more CD between Spirit Rush jumps... RIOT, pls .. PLS ... ahri is sexy, but STOP fking her!! ... ok, w/o they, she was ... ahh... i remember the good times, how a i fell in love w u Ahri...
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 8:37am | Report
Mihofeliz wrote:

guys, as a main AP mid player, and Ahri as my main from her birth, i can see a little things from Riot:

- Ahri as a caster allways have low AP Bonus compared other APs (.8 now max, and need 3 on same target), is this a disvavantaje? NO her have great base damage, make the little fox awesome on early.

- Ahri AP progression is slower, and she makes better with utility AP items like Hextex (WotA) and Rylay geting soon than rabadon, and make this a early/mid killing machine, combined with an easy farm Skill (Q)

- This "nerf" only makes her priorize Rabadon over Rylay/other, and make me play more farmer and less agresive from 3 to 6.

- Riot only "slow" ahri agression on early, to give time to other APs mid survive up to level 6.

- a 5% modifier on late is 5 damage (true on Q) per 100 AP, do the maths, just need more AP, but at 600+, u got a nice boost on long term games.

- and be real : if an Ahri feeds more than u before level 11, u are ****ed anyway.

btw, on my opinion, Ahri got one of the BEST relation Risk / Learning Curve reward, but is a little hard to master. If you play well, and be lucky, Ahri is terific. if u dont use she well...

Ahri is very very popular, so, she is knowed, trained and very used on ranked and good teams. that makes easy to see trained guys on her, and, as i say above, make her more rewarding... (or "OP" , noobs will say)

THE REAL PAIN is the other nerfs, this is the 6th and 7th "nerf" (just balance btw) , but the other 5 was terrific, 2 CD nerf, mana increase, and the worst 25% more CD between Spirit Rush jumps... RIOT, pls .. PLS ... ahri is sexy, but STOP fking her!! ... ok, w/o they, she was ... ahh... i remember the good times, how a i fell in love w u Ahri...

I read the whole thing, and I still don't understand what you're saying -__-.

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 3:50pm | Report
Blood26:
Okay dude.
IMO
-The mana nerf is not too much of a problem, if you don't spam anything except Q when you're not try to kill anyone with high health. In late game you should have enough mana.
-The CD nerf on R...well it's kinda bad and I would have complained for a thing or two if I had start playing LoL b4 these nerfs. But the jungler would often give you blue in late game so the CD don seem too bad.

For this nerf/fix,I'm just disappointed that the AP ratios went from low to low.You rarely see any AP based champ with such low AP ratios on all their main damage output.This change doesn't change anything in my build,getting crystal sceptor asap and in very late game a deathcap,or without a deathcap at all.If Morello's intentions were to keep away "tanky" builds,I don see any efforts were made.Also, I think some champs counter ahri,just like ahri counters other champs, pretty normal I suppose? I just don see why riot tends to mess with our fox so much. =/

As for the part in pointed form, I don really understand too much.
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 4:11pm | Report

I found this on the net :3.
Just figured I should share it.
I am still playing a pre-nerfed Ahri on the SEA server and am not entirely convinced by the new Ahri.

Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 9:44pm | Report
I just tried out our new Fox 10 minutes ago.
And I gotta say, honestly, it wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be.

But it doesn't mean its good.
Ahri is no longer the strong Ahri she used to be.
I am actually very disappointed about her post 6 game phase.
The late game never made a difference, even if you're gonna argue to me that her ult dmg was significantly buffed up 100 or 200 more dmg.
She is no longer the mobile mage assassin that I know.

And on top of that, she's just someone that's viable and "OKAY" now.

So people, what are your opinions ?
To me, its a meh statement.

I might just look forward to a new champion named Jayce.

TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 4:19am | Report
Ahri vs veigar,complete disaster.
I denied his farm early game,somehow still got killed with his full set + ignite.
Even if i dodged the stun(but still within its parameter

Is it normal for veigar to counter ahri?It's been 2 matches lost against veigars.

Post 6 was not strong that's for sure.I don't seem to be killing alot like b4.
Maybe because my levels went up,people not too easy to kill anymore?
Or really the nerf's fault. =/
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 4:43am | Report
TxTVira wrote:

Ahri vs veigar,complete disaster.
I denied his farm early game,somehow still got killed with his full set + ignite.
Even if i dodged the stun(but still within its parameter

Is it normal for veigar to counter ahri?It's been 2 matches lost against veigars.

Post 6 was not strong that's for sure.I don't seem to be killing alot like b4.
Maybe because my levels went up,people not too easy to kill anymore?
Or really the nerf's fault. =/

@TxT
I suppose its a matter of experience and the nerf as well.
As you crawl up the ranks, you'll gradually find more experienced players.
Just take it as a learning experience.

As for Veigar vs Ahri, Ahri > Veigar pre-6.
Veigar > Ahri post 6.
Actually, if you look at it, Ahri vs Veigar is a 50/50 thing.
Ahri beats out Veigar in terms of kit and mobility.
But Veigar has stun and a devastating ult which is quite deadly to any APs.
He is essentially an anti-mage actually.

I lost to a few Veigars last week, because my FPS sucked and I was too timid with my offense.
Good Veigars will bait you in to lowering their health (As Ahri) and then wait for you to dive in before shutting you down Event Horizon and blasting you off with a full combo.

Good Ahri(s), in my opinion, will juke and bait Veigar in to overcommitting and then counter back.
So its really a battle between minds and patience.

Honestly though, if you ask me, the goddess of luck tends to favor our devilish yordle more.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide