Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Upcoming Ahri nerf in Draven's patch

Creator: Blood26 June 1, 2012 12:46pm
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 4:51am | Report
@Blood26:I've been wondering if i could ult through his stun.
Because i can prevent being stunned easily but caught in that area.
Don't wanna waste my ult if it's useless anyways.

Because we have almost the same range it's hard to trade damage,
because his burst hurts more then mine :(
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 5:52am | Report
TxTVira wrote:

@Blood26:I've been wondering if i could ult through his stun.
Because i can prevent being stunned easily but caught in that area.
Don't wanna waste my ult if it's useless anyways.

Because we have almost the same range it's hard to trade damage,
because his burst hurts more then mine :(

You can avoid the stun if your dash lands right after the stun.
And since her dash range is pretty short, you need to time it.
THANK YOU LACORPSE FOR THE SIGGY. YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAN SERVICE :D !!

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 7:28am | Report
Blood26 wrote:

@TxT
I suppose its a matter of experience and the nerf as well.
As you crawl up the ranks, you'll gradually find more experienced players.
Just take it as a learning experience.

As for Veigar vs Ahri, Ahri > Veigar pre-6.
Veigar > Ahri post 6.
Actually, if you look at it, Ahri vs Veigar is a 50/50 thing.
Ahri beats out Veigar in terms of kit and mobility.
But Veigar has stun and a devastating ult which is quite deadly to any APs.
He is essentially an anti-mage actually.

I lost to a few Veigars last week, because my FPS sucked and I was too timid with my offense.
Good Veigars will bait you in to lowering their health (As Ahri) and then wait for you to dive in before shutting you down Event Horizon and blasting you off with a full combo.

Good Ahri(s), in my opinion, will juke and bait Veigar in to overcommitting and then counter back.
So its really a battle between minds and patience.

Honestly though, if you ask me, the goddess of luck tends to favor our devilish yordle more.

Mobility means little she can run from veigar okay but he can one shot her.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 7:39am | Report
TxTVira wrote:

Ahri vs veigar,complete disaster.
I denied his farm early game,somehow still got killed with his full set + ignite.
Even if i dodged the stun(but still within its parameter

That's basically Veigar for you, though he shouldn't be able to one shot you without the damage from his W, which shouldn't be hitting you if you avoided being stunned.

Veigar is known as a counter to Ahri, due to having CC and massive burst. I would suggest the best way to play against him is to harass him hard before 6 and buy Mercury's Treads as soon as possible because they allow you to just walk right through his stun until he puts at least 3 points into it. His wall has roughly the same range as Annie's ultimate, which is quite a bit less than Ahri's Q. Also, using flat MR blues and buying Negatron Cloak and Giant's Belt for Abyssal Mask and Rylai's Crystal Scepter definitely wouldn't hurt either.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 7:57am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

That's basically Veigar for you, though he shouldn't be able to one shot you without the damage from his W, which shouldn't be hitting you if you avoided being stunned.

Veigar is known as a counter to Ahri, due to having CC and massive burst. I would suggest the best way to play against him is to harass him hard before 6 and buy Mercury's Treads as soon as possible because they allow you to just walk right through his stun until he puts at least 3 points into it. His wall has roughly the same range as Annie's ultimate, which is quite a bit less than Ahri's Q. Also, using flat MR blues and buying Negatron Cloak and Giant's Belt for Abyssal Mask and Rylai's Crystal Scepter definitely wouldn't hurt either.

veigar is counter to pretty much any mage only way to beat him is to very very heavily deny him early on.

Any chamo who builds ap really is bad against him.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 8:00am | Report
Ryze, Cassiopeia, Galio, Annie, LeBlanc and others can all **** on him in lane. Whether they are enough to shut him down depends on how good the players are and how late the game goes.

If you find yourself at a disadvantage just do what I said in the last past and you should at least be able to avoid dying.
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 8:21am | Report
cooper56 wrote:

Mobility means little she can run from veigar okay but he can one shot her.

Disagree :x.
Ahri's mobility is not just a mere mobility.
The one thing I've come to appreciate about Ahri's Spirit Rush is the ability to keep enemies guessing which direction you can dash about.
Think of her as a ninja-wannabe.
Those 3 dashes can buy her a few seconds and save her from potential disables or being two shot down by abilities that aren't lock on based.

@TxT
Basically, in short, AP >< AP, all APs counter each other in one or another way. Its just that, some AP champs have skillsets which are potent in taking down other certain AP champs too.

Imagine a LeBlanc vs Veigar.
LeBlanc has a silence, a port, an albeit, unreliable stun, and an ult which considerably buffs up her entire skillset.
Veigar, has a lock on, an Aoe, AoE disabler and ult based lock on.

For Veigar to defeat LeBlanc, he needs to get his aims right, even if he threw his ult right at her, LB'd still survive 1/4 or 2/4 health still intact maybe ? On the other hand, LB has superior mobility for an AP, and can quickly evade Veigar's spells but porting back before players have a chance to react.

See the comparison ? LB > Veigar.

But imagine a Ryze taking LeBlanc.
Ryze has a nuke, a snare/stun, a MR-reducing bouncing spell and an ult which buffs all of his skillsets as well.
Our tattoo-ed man, compared to Veigar, stands a bigger chance in defeating LB, as Ryze is somewhat tanky for an AP champ.
He can instalock LB down, just for enough time to prevent LB from porting back, throw in his MR reducing spell and nuke her down.

Ryze > LB

See what I meant by AP >< AP ?
All APs counter one and another in some ways.
If one potential AP counters your favorite AP, you have to rely on skills and intelligence to outshine them.
If you fail at doing so, don't feel bad.

One thing I've always learned about mid-ing is that, first to ulti wins first (most of the time). And patience is key. Especially knowing that you're an Ahri mainer. Now with that nerf, you need to have even more patience to kite and poke ulti you're sure you can dive in to secure secure (double emphasis) a kill.

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
eXecute
<Member>
eXecute's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 9:55pm | Report
You've heard it here first... The age of Swain has come.
Hard as he waits for freedom's hand
A unified voice for freedom of choice
One man stands
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 10:06pm | Report
eXecute wrote:

You've heard it here first... The age of Swain has come.

Don't remind me, I am now praying hard that he gets nerfed back to oblivion.

WonderofaFeeling
<Member>
WonderofaFeeling's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 10:53pm | Report
Age of Swain...haha real funny. He's too broken for that to be funny. Might as well be Swain of the millenium.

Be nice people. Just be nice. And be friendly. Then learn success.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide