Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Upcoming Ahri nerf in Draven's patch

Creator: Blood26 June 1, 2012 12:46pm
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:12pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I've been playing this game for 16 months, and in that time virtually every single one of my favorite champions has been nerfed.

Here's some examples just from the same role:

Karthus, nerfed, still strong.
Ryze, nerfed over and over since his rework, still strong.
Morgana, nerfed repeatedly, still strong.
Cassiopeia, nerfed, still strong.

The game is balanced around tournament level and to a lesser extent ranked solo play. It always has been and it always will be, because that's the only way that makes sense. You're actually contradicting yourself by mentioning that, since right before you said it was because people who couldn't counter her were whining.

Might be abit subjective based on my experience in game. These 4 aint OP but are definitely easier to play or dish out monstrous damage in game.

Karthus has a 1 sec cd harass and a very large aoe DPS which makes him easily to play.Not complaining about his ult because of how easy is it to use,since it has the longest cd in game?If the AP ratios are higher than now I'd bet people(especially the haters) will start moaning.

Ryze=not a skill shot mage = no aiming skills required, but still very bursty and could be tanky at the same time.Just get hp+mp items.Ahri is skill-shot based so typically requires more skills. If ryze's q or w is a skill shot than I think he could be abit underpowered for normal players.

Morgana is a real pain to lane with and in a teamfight. Q + W harass if used right will force your opponent to recall easily. While with ahri only her Q is viable for frequent harassing which wont do too much damage and easier to dodge by just running around.Her R,needless to say,just walk in> R and maybe a full combo later on > zhonya's > profit.Ahri can't do the same burst without enough protection and with zhonya's help.

Cass can just charge on you and fire the whole skill set which one of them will refresh its cd if target's poisoned. Hell if I can refresh my cd on orb of deception if the target is charmed than who cares about this nerf.Also AoE stun is easy to take effect in teamfights cuz nobody actually can care where they're facing at anymore.She can just sit back and lay her combos again after r.Whilst Ahri has not cc on her ult and the rush is necessary for her to lay her skill-shot combo and get out safely.

Just to say I personally think they're already powerful enough that any buff would be IMBA. Ahri should say how she is.IMO she's kinda underplayed already and followed by this nerf,extinct in pub and normals probably :(

(I'd still use Ahri tho =D
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:27pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I've been playing this game for 16 months, and in that time virtually every single one of my favorite champions has been nerfed.

Here's some examples just from the same role:

Karthus, nerfed, still strong.
Ryze, nerfed over and over since his rework, still strong.
Morgana, nerfed repeatedly, still strong.
Cassiopeia, nerfed, still strong.

The game is balanced around tournament level and to a lesser extent ranked solo play. It always has been and it always will be, because that's the only way that makes sense. You're actually contradicting yourself by mentioning that, since right before you said it was because people who couldn't counter her were whining.

Conclusion : All of your fav heroes still remains strong.
Regarding the contradiction, I would put it this way, it has a directional relationship.
Because players are complaining, riot is inclined to nerf champions.
Or atleast that's how I see it.
And I personally think its caused by tournament players.

To sum it up tho, those Ahri fans who are against the nerf or thinks its not gonna help her out, can someone please bring this up to the Riot Staff responsible for nerfing Ahri ?

It's stupid, I know. But if someone got their point across, we might just get another change. Remember, Riot's nerfing a champion that's favored by EU,NA,Asia and SEA players alike.

Ahri is very balanced now, and if she gets nerfed, she's going to be less picked during tournaments.
THANK YOU LACORPSE FOR THE SIGGY. YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAN SERVICE :D !!

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:28pm | Report
TxTVira wrote:

IMO she's kinda underplayed already and followed by this nerf,extinct in pub and normals probably :(

Not sure where you getting your information, she's in the top 1/5 most played of all champs.
Source: http://www.lolstatistics.com/champions/all
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:30pm | Report
Ahri was kind of overkill anyways. Her burst was insane if built right and it's pretty much impossible to stop her. These nerfs will probably do her good, though I expect that she'll still be quite popular and still strong.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:32pm | Report
Ahri's early game is toned down.
Late game remains about the same.

Pretty much what I predicted on page 1, post 2.
True love is found only in yourself.
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:32pm | Report
Zeprido wrote:

Not sure where you getting your information, she's in the top 1/5 most played of all champs.

Wow, didn't know Riven was a top pick although I play Riven occasionally myself.
Thanks for info :3.

@Lugi
Yeah.... provided if everything "hits"....

@Caster
Before you say anything else, don't even predict how good she's gonna be after the nerf because I highly doubt players would like the new fox.

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:37pm | Report
No really...it's a nerf. A nerf is a nerf. But they aren't going to take her down to like Evelynn's level. Although she never really was overpowered, these nerfs aren't going to be nice to them Ahri fans like me. And Swain gets buffed even though he's already fine the way he is, it'll just make Swain players have more fun 1v5ing the enemy team.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:39pm | Report
Swain's not even getting damage or mana tweaks. Just range increases to make everything about the same range.

20 range on his AAs and 50 range on the slow's tether.

Also, Swain fell flat in most lanes when he wasn't a counterpick.
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:39pm | Report
Zeprido wrote:

Okay I surrender to this.
But in all 182 matches I've played I've seen less than 5 ahries excluding myself.
Maybe I'm too low leveled?
I would refer to this afterwards for further comments.

Ahri was kind of overkill anyways. Her burst was insane if built right and it's pretty much impossible to stop her. These nerfs will probably do her good, though I expect that she'll still be quite popular and still strong.

Popular?Definitely.
Strong?We'll see today =D
Thx for the information.
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:41pm | Report

Just thought of posting this SS because I like the results :3.
Gone back to maxing Q instead of W to get myself used to the skillshots.
Ignore the conversation, that's how SEA players are when they come in claiming that they're better than someone else, and when they fail to prove it, they come up with all sorts of excuses.
As for people wondering why I got Warmog instead of AP items, practically Riven fed so hard neither any of us could scratch Darius or Amumu during their final siege in to our base.

And since Wukong was the only one tanking, I figured I'd give a helping hand since no one else was willing to do so.

@Caster
You know what the nerf is going to do Ahri. So stop predicting anything good until the patch gets released.
Like I said, someone should get their points across to Morello.
Even if there's gonna be changes still, at least let it be a different one.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide