Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Upcoming Ahri nerf in Draven's patch

Creator: Blood26 June 1, 2012 12:46pm
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 9:59am | Report
TxTVira wrote:

BEWARE:Long sh*tstorm of instant thoughts below.

Reasonably, this change should have been an okay change if the ap ratios are higher.
For me,late game means having hextech revolver,that slower staff and deathcap.
That's a 40+80+140+30% ap which is always about 350 to 400.(Cuz of runes and mssteries) I'll take it as 400 so I wont understate the problem.
assuming all projectiles hit the same target.
old foxfire damage=320+400*0.75=620
new=280+400*0.8=600
old spirit rush=540+120*3=900
new spirit rush=495+140*3=915

The "nerf" doesn't seem harsh,but what I'm concerned isn't this.

Mentioned by morello(did i spell it wrong?) in the video he wanted to encourage summoners to build ahri less "tanky" with more burst,like what an assassin mage should be.
But the whole tanky thing is wrong,I'm still level 20 and all the ahries I've seen(and not much too) never get past 2200 hp.The only reason she seemed "tanky" is because of the 3150G slowing staff.
Dude...every mage could get this item for the skill slow effect and it's the only item in-game with this passive.
What should be done to achieve that intention is a new item with the same passive but better ap levels or maybe an additional magic penetration passive, but without the hp boost.

IMO ahri's burst is really good but after the burst she's fragile(in most cases r in on cooldown).Even with the 2k more hp i get slained when it comes to a 2v1 situation because I have little to none resistance items.I think people say she's op in rank because the tanks covering ahri are pro.

In 1v1 or laning,ahri can counter passive players who hesistate to initiate. But if they sparta on me with full health, then it's a 50% gg for me,depending on the champion.

Just to say,in normal games morello's argument is kinda invalid.You want tanky mages?Ryze,Swain(WHY HE GOT BUFF ANYWAYS?) or maybe vlad.So why ahri?Not saying the changes are completely unacceptable,which should be decided after the next patch, but find a better reason is needed.

It's rare already to see Ahries in normal matches except myself.She's not some right click and win champ,she can be hard to use for normal players.I bet if Ahri isn't Ahri, let's say...Ahri retains all her stats but became a male fox, I wonder if I'd see Ahri again(even I hesitate to use him/her then).

I think riot should consider more than just a ranking when making these changes.You can't just tri-nerf someone because she seemed op in the hands of superior players.

Hope what I'm saying aint too offending(?) or foolish cuz I'm just an average guy maining ahri.

Appreciate all who read through this because it's just some random thought nobody would care? =/

PS:I'd go more burst if the ratios are like...0.5 or higher,hope morello sees this either here or on the official forums.

PS2:Holy sh*t when i was typing I accidentally pressed that ad down there and almost got a heart attack.Is there an auto save function here?

PS3:Ahri <3

I agree with you on that.
And again, whenever I talk to my mates about Ahri's nerf, I still say Ahri needs early game to do well.
Apparently, they are encouraging Ahri players to be glass cannon.
The style was to go in kill, and run out before she gets target down.
Most ganks, however aren't like that.
Some people did calculations after the nerf, basically, what they're trying to encourage is for Ahri players to have 800 AP to break the caps.

Someone needs to get the argument to Morello.
And again, I agree with you about not just focusing on ranked games because that's unfair.

Not sure about the item builds tho, but if I stick to the same ol build.
I'd have 2.3k HP max, with probably 690+ AP max (baron buff and blue buff maybe).

About Swain, I wouldn't say much because I hardly face him in mid lane. Although the buff does seem to be unnecessary, Swain is already a potential counter to many AP champs.

Could someone actually get our points across Morello's thick skull ?
THANK YOU LACORPSE FOR THE SIGGY. YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAN SERVICE :D !!

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 1:22pm | Report
I main Ahri. I have noticed that she can be very strong early game; the changes do not seem as completely necessary as a nerf to some other strong early game characters (in my opinion leblanc) however it is reasonable. It definitely is not a buff until very very late game. For example, for her spirit rush to even out on damage output she would have to have 300 ability power. After that it is a buff, but it usually takes a while to reach that much ap. I am not sure whether I am particularly for or against it, since I am not sure how much it will realistically affect her playability, but I can see their reasoning behind it.
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 5:04pm | Report

I main Ahri. I have noticed that she can be very strong early game; the changes do not seem as completely necessary as a nerf to some other strong early game characters (in my opinion leblanc) however it is reasonable. It definitely is not a buff until very very late game. For example, for her spirit rush to even out on damage output she would have to have 300 ability power. After that it is a buff, but it usually takes a while to reach that much ap. I am not sure whether I am particularly for or against it, since I am not sure how much it will realistically affect her playability, but I can see their reasoning behind it.

Very very late game is unlikely to happen outside of ranks.

I found a thread talking about Ahri's nerf.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2176726

Boy do I hope they get the message to Morello.
I tried applying for an NA account just so that I can post a reply in the forum.
But the game client blocked me halfway through updates ):

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 6:38pm | Report

Nerfing Leblanc's early game is like saying "this champ will now cease to be played. Ktnxbye"

Although I never did feel like Ahri's were excessively tanky in anyway (at least the ones I've faced). They were relatively annoying pre-level 6, and potentially dangerous post, depending on many things.
The only trully thing that annoyed me about laning versus Ahri is that whenever I pinged her MIA'ness, people would disregard it. And the she'd get fed. And then people would say ZOMG OP NERF NAO OMG REPORT OUR MID.

I always found her to be balanced and decent *shrugs*
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 6:44pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Nerfing Leblanc's early game is like saying "this champ will now cease to be played. Ktnxbye"

Although I never did feel like Ahri's were excessively tanky in anyway (at least the ones I've faced). They were relatively annoying pre-level 6, and potentially dangerous post, depending on many things.
The only trully thing that annoyed me about laning versus Ahri is that whenever I pinged her MIA'ness, people would disregard it. And the she'd get fed. And then people would say ZOMG OP NERF NAO OMG REPORT OUR MID.

I always found her to be balanced and decent *shrugs*

In the end, it all boils down to player's attitude as well.
Most champion nerfs were innocent victims of players who took out their anger on them when they were the ones who caused it.
Sigh, I might just quit LoL till Ahri gets re-buff if her gameplay is going to be affected drastically after the nerf.

In the mean time, I'd probably consider getting The Walking Dead:Video Game and start playing FPS once more.

LoL is beginning to turn in to another HoN, with bursty champions to attract players to buy them. It is getting more and more commercialized.

I hate MORELLO !

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 6:47pm | Report
You know, you're being awfully melodramatic about this. Almost all the champion nerfs I've seen from Riot in a very long time have been justified.

Ahri is really strong right now and she'll certainly still be viable after this.
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 7:05pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

You know, you're being incredibly melodramatic about this. Almost all the champion nerfs I've seen from Riot in a very long time have been justified.

Ahri is really strong right now and she'll certainly still be viable after this.

Are you sure its being melodramatic ?
I don't think I am overreacting.
Ahri has been my main for months now, so any unnecessary bad news to her is a bad news to me.
If it was your favorite champ, certainly you'd react in a similar way.

Well, tbh, the only reason why I joined LoL from HoN was because Ahri was in it.
Otherwise, I probably would have been in HoN.

That aside, viable or not, we'll see the aftermath of Ahri's nerf when Draven gets released.
I agree to a certain extent that its a late game buff, but its a buff that requires you to have ridiculously high amount of AP which is quite unlikely for any Ahri players to do well mid game. And most games in pubs don't prolong to that period.

Ahri is imho, really really balanced. I don't know what was the cause of Ahri's nerf, but playing games like HoN and LoL for some time, most of the time, when people complain about nerf, its always due to some unhappy players complaining about them because they can't counter that particular champion.

Besides, Ahri has been nerfed since her release. She had no buffs or whatsover.

The fact that she's nerfed based on a ranked-game stand point of view is really unacceptable. It means she's nerfed for the sake of ranked games, but what about pubs and normal ?

Also, if I hadn't come across that thread I posted in my reply, I wouldn't have known there was confusion in Ahri's nerf.

Previously, the nerf was said to be a "late game buff". But from the video on the upcoming Draven's patch, Morello mentioned he wanted Ahri players to go all out on offense and less on being "tanky". Ahri has never been tanky all along.

Thus, it does bring to question why Ahri even needs that nerf.
I wholeheartedly agree with The Blue Jelly's point of view.
I doubt the Riot staffs will listen, but if someone actually gets the message across, it's actually pretty good.
Imagine after the nerf, we'd have to source for new items that probably wouldn't give her any sustainability and more AP.
Ahri is turning in to a glass cannon, a cannon that probably gets destroyed before it even fires out its cannonball.

Ahri's fine the way she is.
She needs no buff or nerf.
For now.

Majamorra
<Member>
Majamorra's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 7:11pm | Report
Well Ahri is pretty hard to counter in lane, a few nerfs wont be bad.

PD: I suck as Ahri player so i wont play her ANYMORE. $:

Yes, my new project start it. Feel free to PM me and give me suggestions to be the best blog on MOBAfire!

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 7:13pm | Report
I've been playing this game for 16 months, and in that time virtually every single one of my favorite champions has been nerfed.

Here's some examples just from the same role:

Karthus, nerfed, still strong.
Ryze, nerfed over and over since his rework, still strong.
Morgana, nerfed repeatedly, still strong.
Cassiopeia, nerfed, still strong.

The game is balanced around tournament level and to a lesser extent ranked solo play. It always has been and it always will be, because that's the only way that makes sense. You're actually contradicting yourself by mentioning that, since right before you said it was because people who couldn't counter her were whining.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 7:51pm | Report
Majamorra wrote:

Well Ahri is pretty hard to counter in lane, a few nerfs wont be bad.

Well, she isn't countered but she doesn't particularly butcher anyone in my experience. It's like Vladimir; I see them played over and over and their lane phases 90% of the time are eh and meh. In terms of skillshots, her Q is easier to land than a few, but is surpassed by a decent number of them (Ez's W, Cassiopeia's Q and W, Lux's E) since you can see it from lightyears away and the range isn't that WOAH BRO. E requires a brain for you not to eat it (with her ulti's positioning being the true thing that helps her land it. That and people who go head on). W requires proximity, which means she'll probably eat your combo. Or you're charmed.

So really, I get neither her popularity nor the drama of laning against her. Consequently, part of me doesn't get the nerf, since it's affecting a phase where she was known for not shinning that much: her early game. If people are complaining about her supposed tankyness, I'd have to experience it. As a mage, she always felt like she needed to get too close, which would not be beneficial unless you knew exactly what you were doing, and even then the enemy team has disrupters who should, well, disrupt. She wouldn't nuke that much harder than a Brand or a Veigar, and her distance advantage isn't as big as Lux's or Xerath's.

But hey, less stress on the drama; you can test her nerfs on PBE. She'll probably still be running nicely, they didn't rework her spells entirely, just part of the damage.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide