Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your guides are ****.

Creator: throatslasher August 31, 2012 12:37pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

233 posts - page 20 of 24
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 6:26pm | Report
Throatslasher: why pick on this karma guide? Go look at the skarner one, or the amumu one , or the rammus or AALLLL THE GABILLION GUIDES OUT THERE THAT SUCK (a lot of them are good so no offense to those people)
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 6:45pm | Report
does it matter if a majority guides are in the same boat? He made a valid point, the karma guide may have just been the first one he saw.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 9:51am | Report
@those saying that the guide freshness thing is an issue:

ya it is but there is no way to fix that.

You need to be able to just publish to redo the freshness, since sometimes there is nothing TO update or something minor like a mana cost that doesn't warrant a guide update.

You can report obvious cases like jhoi mentioned and they will get force archived.

There is no way to detect if it is because there are no updates to make or if people are being lazy that they are just republishing it...

In the vet forums, Jeffy suggested "Unless someone implements an "update log". One that tracks....updates to a build."

And I responded,

"and how would the system detect if it is updated or not?

If they type a word? I go to the bottom of my guide and type yay, save publish, then delete, save publish.

Minimum of 500 words? What if the update I have to make is just the cost for an item? Then my guide gets archived?

There is really no way to do that unless there was a system that tracked every single database update and looked at each guide and saw what needs to be updated and then notifies if it isn't and archives it after a certain amount of time, but that would take ages for Matt to code, since it would need some unrealistic artificial intelligence to see if the update warrants a change in a guide (ie if the mana cost for a spell is changed, at least in my guides I usually don't mention the mana costs, just "high" or "low", so there would be nothing to update even though a database change has been made).

Basically, this is impossible to do. Please think rationally if the idea would work before thinking in the clouds."

so ya
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
SirAeros
<Member>
SirAeros's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 10:05am | Report
Mikuroo wrote:

Throatslasher: why pick on this karma guide? Go look at the skarner one, or the amumu one , or the rammus or AALLLL THE GABILLION GUIDES OUT THERE THAT SUCK (a lot of them are good so no offense to those people)

Due the Fact that he actually loves playing Karma actually
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 7:31am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Not fair. Not all champs are completely suited for solo queue (per example, Swain, whose ganks are quite subpar to those of Ahri/Fizz/Katarina/Akali/High mobility/Fast burst mids). This instantly throws my guide to the garbage or makes it worse than each other Swain guide on Moba or unsuited for the eyes of new players? (I love Caster's, so nvm that one)

I read your swain guide. I have some issues:
1. 21/0/9 is optimal. I'd rather have a larger mana pool, mana regen for lower levels, and improved buff duration over the magic resist/hp.
2. Boots 3 pots are the only option on swain. It's true that you CAN go other items at the start, but boots are your best bet if you want to stay alive OR secure kills. I've played a lot of low elo, and when my lane opponent doesn't go boots, it means 2 things. 1, i'll out sustain him, and 2, whenever I want, I can just run him down and kill him because of my superior mobility. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU CHANGE STARTING ITEMS TO BOOTS ONLY.
3. Magic resist glyphs. Very important. Swain isn't a burst caster. Stacking AP on him isn't as effective as making him bulkier. The longer he can stay in a fight, the more damage he can put out with his ult/low cd spells. I recommend you consider MR glyphs, flat.
4. Abyssal. It's completely core. Dude! Abyssal scepter is sick on swain! All his spells will keep him in range of the new shorter aura. Except maybe max range w. Very important to mention as core, especially if the opponents have double ap, or heavy magic damage (double ap, amumu jungle, sona support. basically 4 champs pure magic damage)
5. AA is really bad on swain o.0. Like, the worst item you could ever go on swain is archangels.

That's the majority of it. You know how to play swain, just consider these 5 things and it will improve your guide.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 7:40am | Report
I picked karma because I main AP karma mid, and yes, I've played her in high elo ranked. I'm currently 5-0 w/l with ap karma mid in ranked. I'm not going to play her anymore at my level because she's underpowered. I still play here in ranked teams, and when I smurf, and in normal games.

Never, ever start dorans ring with morgana.
1. I don't even go dorans rings in my morgana build after boots.
2. I'd rather have pot sustain and mobility. Morgana's MS is piss poor.
3. When you hit 6, you can kill your lane opponent if you have boots.
4. If your lane opponent has boots, you will never be successful when your jungler ganks. It will take you a year to position yourself to throw a q if you have to walk around creeps, etc.
5. I have 65% win rate with morgana in ranked, she's my most played champion = knows what he's talking about.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 7:48am | Report
I've discussed some of those things with polsemanden, and also pm'ed you so this doesn't become about Swain/my guide ;)
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 7:52am | Report
Promote me to guide mod, and make me a tab called: platinum guides, and I'll freaking write you guys 101 SICK guides over the weekend.

I agree that Mobafire needs to step up their game when it comes to guides, but I can't help but feel this is the real reason for your outrage. If you want recognition simply write the guides. Becoming a guide mod is a completely different story.

By the way, acting pissed and outraged might get you responses but it also hurts your creditability. If you were serious about changing the community you would have began writing better guides and working towards that a long time ago. I honestly think you just want to be recognized. If you simply want the problem to be fixed by someone else with minimal time and effort from you, unless you are given supreme power, your honestly not worth this communities time.

Thanks for your valid points and this thread.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 8:04am | Report

I agree that Mobafire needs to step up their game when it comes to guides, but I can't help but feel this is the real reason for your outrage. If you want recognition simply write the guides. Becoming a guide mod is a completely different story.

By the way, acting pissed and outraged might get you responses but it also hurts your creditability. If you were serious about changing the community you would have began writing better guides and working towards that a long time ago. I honestly think you just want to be recognized. If you simply want the problem to be fixed by someone else with minimal time and effort from you, unless you are given supreme power, your honestly not worth this communities time.

Thanks for your valid points and this thread.

I don't see how me writing 100+ guides gives me "supreme power."
The only reason I am not writing guides for you is because your guide system is a popularity contest. I could write the absolute 100% correct way to play a champion, and it would get downvoted to oblivion because it's not pretty enough, or people just don't like me. Isn't that sad? You are losing out on a valuable resource (platinum ap mid main, could write 10+ pro guides on ap mids) because of your flawed guide system.

Someone said that if you're not plat, solomid doesn't give a **** about you. That's incorrect. Gold is ok too :P

In all seriousness, I've seen a lot of approved guides from 1200-1500 players. Solo queue elo doesn't matter, all that matters is the content of your guide. I've had plenty of guides rejected for approval for various reasons. If you have a guide get rejected, push them, and ask what specifically needs improving. That's what happened with my malz guide. I said, what's wrong? they said, these 5 things. I fixed them. What's wrong now? These 3 things. I fixed them. What's wrong now? nothing, your guide is now approved.

I had to revise my guide twice, add content twice, and give it a complete overhaul twice. Once for capitalizing every champion name, and again for changing how I used images in my guide. Writing that guide took about 8 hours of actual writing, and about another 8-12 hours of research/playtesting.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 8:09am | Report
The #1 reason solomid rejects guides is because they have an overabundance of guides on that particular champion. There are like 11 featured/approved mordekaiser guide. My guide was great, but they rejected it because they already had too many guides. My guide gave nothing original to the debate.

If there is a champ that has a bunch of guides, you can still get approved if you have a unique/innovative approach to the champion that is viable.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide