Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your guides are ****.

Creator: throatslasher August 31, 2012 12:37pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

233 posts - page 17 of 24
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 5:13am | Report
********... The ****ing internet hurts my eyes >.< Read all 16 pages... First off:

1. BELIVE IT OR NOT, GUESS WHAT GUYS.... MOST MOBAFIRE GUIDES HAVE BEEN OUT SINCE 2011 TIME TO REHAUL THE STUPID THING AND THROW OUT **** GUIDES.... Really.... Throatslasher has a point >.> If our top guides are **** what does that tell the community?.... I can think of several things >.> Knowing wtf you're going to TELL OTHER PEOPLE IS PROBABLY A SMART IDEA.... CAUSE WHY SHOULD WE GIVE OUT BAD INFO???? WE shouldn't plan and simple. There are GREAT guides on moba, and then there are **** ONES.... Yet we promote these still? Guides should be recycled every 6 months at LEAST... just shut down the site, and have some kind of damn program to throw out ****... It wouldn't even be that hard to program in my mind, if you threw out all the expired guides, and more then 3 month fresh guides, it would be great! Sure there would still be some guides that need to be thrown out still, but the **** guides would get less and less... Moba can be FUN! for Nonsense builds and such! Like PokeLoL! ETC.... But when the guides are serious AND THERE STILL ****.... WELL GUESS WHAT.... Yeah just..... If this doesn't make sense well god help us...

2. Haters.... HAVE A GOOD REASON TO HATE >.> If you hate just because SOMONE IS RIGHT WELL..... you're all idiots then >.> Rather simple... Cause there would be no reason to hate >.>

3. Jhoijhoi, makes some great points! I like point 2, 3, and 4. Simply put we are NOT A PRO SITE.... we are A COMMUNITY SITE... So the grade of guides wont be "OMG LOOK AT ME IM SO GOOD" GRADE! But people need to put out EFFORT for guides etc...

Ugh i could go on for FOREVER but im drunk (First time drinking woot?) and its late... so just to recap
I AGREE WITH THROATSLASHER THINGS NEED TO CHANGE ********
HATERS HATE WHEN IT REALLY DESERVES HATE NOT JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO HATE
AND FINALLY WE ARE A COMMUNITY SITE AND WE WONT HAVE TOP NOTCH GUIDES!

All happy now?
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Totallynotn00b's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 5:24am | Report
Blah.

valid points, although +1 to the attitude perhaps not being the best

Then again, if he was nice about it, would it have really generated as much discussion?

I submitted my guide to Mobafire and Solomid.
I'm not going to beat about the bush when I say that content wise, I have the best guide on LB there is.
Except solomid seems to be "if you're not at least plat you're trash and don't know anything" mentality.
Seriously. Submit for approval, get denied. It's better than the guides there on LB, that's for certain.

So hey. Sod it. They cant be bothered to recognise superior work, I can't be arsed to put effort there.
Rather frequent and help a community of non-&@'!^* then attempt to buff my e-peen.

Maybe I'm alone though.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 5:29am | Report
I guess people misunderstood what ive been saying
I do agree with the fact that a lot of the guides on mobafire are not very good
I listed some of the guides i though were good in a previous post
some of them weren't but that's not the point
The reason i said he is a troll is because i dont agree with this guy's attitude
it seems like he feels as if hes above everyone and swears and flames a lot
that can be considered a troll
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 7:45am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

that can be considered a troll

No it isn't. Trolling isn't being an *******, they're 2 different things.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 9:20am | Report
One question jhoi; if the guide is so out of date why has it not been hit by the freshness system?

My own guide is now rightly expired and doesn't show up in any lists on this site because I haven't bothered to update it in a month or two. Clearly, someone is still 'updating' this guide just to keep it showing up in the lists without actually making any changes.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 10:00am | Report
^happens all the time...

all you have to do to update the freshness is re-save and re-publish it...without changing a thing...
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 10:06am | Report
Yeah, so if he knows it's out of date and he has no time or intention of updating it why does he keep bumping it to keep it in the listings?

Seems pretty scumbag to me.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 10:07am | Report
because we've made it so easy, most likely
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 10:28am | Report
Face it community of mobafire, mobafire is known for bad guides because we have them, and we have lots.

Even 1/3 of the ****ing featured guides are **** or does 1+ thing wrong.

The only way to fix this is:
Have some good players sit down and look the featured guides through. Xaioli, winter, duff etc. Anyone +gold really.

Then they look for 1 good guide for each champion(2 if we include jungle), they discuss which one is better and if there is even one which is good enough to fit the title Featured. If there aren't any featured guides of said champ, look up a mobaguy who is known to play that champ and kindly ask the ****er to make a guide.

For example we currently have 2 top tryndamere guides which has different builds, noobs wouldn't know which one to pick.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 10:32am | Report
People say that some guides are not for beginners, which is true. But then have a rule that the guide should state it's intended audience? If not, then don't let it stay up. If it says for beginners then have basic stuff, if it is for high elo ranked, then don't?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide