Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your guides are ****.

Creator: throatslasher August 31, 2012 12:37pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

233 posts - page 22 of 24
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 1:30pm | Report
I'd like to see a Mordekaiser guide.

Mainly cause I'm to lazy to write one, Temzilla is a weirdo, and all of the guides i've seen are ****, not just the top rated one...

looking forward to spectating some of your games too, good to see you trying to fix your image I guess, although I think you're fine anyways rofl ^^

throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 1:59pm | Report
Zyra, I'd prefer not to. I'm not the strongest zyra. I have definitely been maining morde since his release when he was zomgey op. So far I'm leaning for mordekaiser.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 2:07pm | Report
I'd like a Pantheon jungle guide!
+Rep me if i'm useful!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 2:13pm | Report

Dear mobafire:
Your featured and popular guide are utter ****:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-comprehensive-karma-72191#chapter12

**** summoner spells, **** runes, **** masteries, and dorans ring start. Why the **** is this karma guide rated so high. I refuse to read any of this guide. If they can't get those things right, I guarantee all the info in this POS guide is as wrong as the build.

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

This issue seriously needs to be addressed. WHY ARE YOUR GUIDES SO ****ING AWFUL?

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 2:17pm | Report
Ok, let me narrow it down. I don't play panth jungle. I think he's a gamble. Here are champs I would write a guide on, AND play in a ranked game when I have my tryhard pants on:

mid: ahri, MORGANA, gragas, fizz, katarina, karthus, malzahar, veigar, twisted fate
top: rumble, riven (the existing riven guide is fine), malphite, shen, YORICK
jungle: nocturne, maokai, MUNDO, amumu
adc: TRISTANA, caitlyn, corki, vayne, sivir

caps = stronkest

EDIT: Also, mods, could you please delete the post above me? It's making my butt hurt.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 2:19pm | Report
=)

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 2:35pm | Report
I'd like to see an extended Malzahar guide. He's one of my favorite champions, even though lately he seems to be way out of favor.

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 2:52pm | Report
Quoted:
mid: ahri, MORGANA, gragas, fizz, katarina, karthus, malzahar, veigar, twisted fate
top: rumble, riven (the existing riven guide is fine), malphite, shen, YORICK
jungle: nocturne, maokai, MUNDO, amumu
adc: TRISTANA, caitlyn, corki, vayne, sivir

^ Instead of writing all those guides, why not collaborate with the people who wrote them to give them a few tips? I'd be happy to update my Morg and Vayne guides, even though I think they're fine for the elo they're targeting.

I also know that a lot of vets/mods/scouts have written some of the top guides for a few of those champions, and I'm sure they'd all listen to feedback.

If you're going to write some guides for some champions, please try and focus on the "bad" areas of MobaFire. If you're 5/0 plat Karma, why not a Karma guide? And our top Mundo guide has 3 Warmog's, last time I checked.

Edit: Also, did you read my posts on this thread? I know they're a while back, but I pretty much explained why that Karma guide is still featured and so highly rated ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 3:26pm | Report
Someone already covered that briefly from their perspective but in respect I'd like to cover it again. This platform fills a bit different place on the internet map for guides and builds. It gives a way for more people to share their ideas and show them. Other sites don't allow that unless it's reviewed by "right people" or you're a pro-player. It has pros and cons of course and among them is lowering the quality of the top guides since everybody can vote on everything and can generally troll.

But let's assume you don't give a **** about your rating cause you know you can get trolled and will be cause you posted guides here are ****. You share your opinion, go here talk with people on the forums, get better at game, update your guide according to how you get to learn specific champion(s) and boom when you get to 2200 people might actually say that it is a good build, but hey, you didn't give a **** anyway so who cares, you worked your *** for yourself I guess not for E-peen.

Noone gives you respect for free but since mobafire doesn't support proper player recognition (summoner, ELO, win% etc.) you just go by how your guide looks and by your forum presence. It's not fine but you got your **** like a rude boy who wen't (starring Throatslasher and Mobafire):

THSLR: All your ideas are stupid and I'm not gonna say any of mine cause I don't want to be a part of your group cause you gonna say mine are stupid and I'm better than you. Look my ELO.

MOBA: Oh you so rude THSL. But you got a point. You good. OK, we promise you, we won't let you get butthurt. Cuz u so good.

THSLR: Ok then I will share. But u respect me ok?

MOBA: We don't like rude but OK.

Get your **** straight. 1900 ELO is much of an achievement, why would you even CARE about other peoples ratings? Why would you post if you didn't care? It's like you'd want to start an internet career but blame it for bad platforms. Start your own blog if you despite it so much. Attention *****.

PS Thanks for pointing mobafire that ****
PPS Looking forward to read your build
PPPS Can I get a suggestion too? Since we're all butthurt I'd like a different section on forums for each Champ. You can't really trust people on using search and it would stop all these "Why noone plays Karma" threads. Thanks.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 3:38pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

^ Instead of writing all those guides, why not collaborate with the people who wrote them to give them a few tips?

Well, if they're supposedly playing and / or building their champ, probably their main, completely wrong, then I don't think they're going to accept that fact, and won't change much, if anything, of the content of their guide. You've written guides for various guides jhoi, all of which I assume you're good with, but there are people here who only have guides on one champion, who they main, and they have the top guide on said champion. I doubt they'd accept someone they'd never heard of before ( unless they use the forums ) telling them they're building their main completely wrong and that their guide is ****, and they should make the following changes: [ Introduce changes to be made here ].

Even knowing who he is, if this guy were to look at my Talon guide for example, and tell me that I should take Last Whisper sooner and only list Quicksilver Sash as a situational item, then sure, I would make those changes. But if he were to tell me my guide is completely wrong, and that I should be taking Trinity Force and Frozen Mallet, I would disregard his opinion completely and tell him to go **** himself for saying my guide is ****, even if in this hypothetical situation, my guide really is **** and the items are awful.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide