Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 4.1 Notes

Creator: Mowen January 14, 2014 9:37pm
35 posts - page 2 of 4
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 7:49am | Report
IPodPulse wrote:

I felt that Yasuo deserved a buff. He is a very difficult champion with a bad winrate, it would make sense for Riot to buff him.

A champion being difficult shouldn't lead to buffs, it should lead to people improving their mechanics in order to play him properly :P

Early winrates are never a good thing to go by, unless they are ridiculously high right from the start. In Yasuo's case, his winrate has been steadily climbing (or at least this chart seems to suggest so, from 47.89% on December 21st to 49.87% on January 13th), so I guess Riot might be waiting a little longer to see where that'll end.

From my personal experience playing against him I think he's pretty damn strong though x_x

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 7:57am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

A champion being difficult shouldn't lead to buffs, it should lead to people improving their mechanics in order to play him properly :P

Early winrates are never a good thing to go by, unless they are ridiculously high right from the start. In Yasuo's case, his winrate has been steadily climbing (or at least this chart seems to suggest so, from 47.89% on December 21st to 49.87% on January 13th), so I guess Riot might be waiting a little longer to see where that'll end.

From my personal experience playing against him I think he's pretty damn strong though x_x

i'd say he didn't need any change, and the numbers you show confirm my thoughts.

Sig made by elenah
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 8:07am | Report
So far, it seems Yasuo is hit and miss, kinda in the same way Aatrox was. I think the term Lasty used was 'feast or famine' champion.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 8:10am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Yasuo is one of those champions who is extremely strong in lane and almost impossible to bully him if he's played flawlessly. Late-game however, he experienced issues with surviviability and this change to his ult should allow Yasuo players to use it more offensively. Personally I think his passive is a bit too strong but then again... why does Riot keep designing resourceless champions?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 8:20am | Report
They said why they gave him that buff, and I agree that his ultimate is really rather underwhelming when you get it. He still lacks a lot of kill potential even when he has it at level 6, so giving him a bit more defense to use it more aggressively helps.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 8:25am | Report
i like the fact that the nasus nerf was not really big. that means that all the people who played him because of hypetrain will stop playing him and i can keep playing him without having to worry about bans.
also what otg said about Noxian Guillotine.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 8:29am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I get what you are saying. He is a strong champ, really strong. But he is really difficult and I can see why that gave him buffs, most of them are improved mechanics anyway. The Q buff for example. They made that to smart cast. I do agree with what you are saying about how Riot is waiting on Yasuo. I believe the buffs may be temporary, almost like training wheels for new Yasuo players.
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Want some legendary signatures? Stop by Ubnoxius's Signature Store for some awesome signatures!
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 9:01am | Report
i don't think yasuo needed ****. he is similar to lucian...takes a while to nail down his mechanics but once you do he becomes top tier. obviously he is getting almost a permaban in lcs for the fact that he is newer but also i think cause he is really good. low elo he = feed like a boss though cause no one plays him right and because at low elo getting behind seems to mean that you need to be MORE aggressive. makes a lot of sense i know.

interested in regards to the spectral wraith stat addition. more ap for elise :)

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 9:20am | Report
Jungle Mordekaiser finally sustained!
Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Lord Kesharq's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 9:27am | Report
Yasuo does not need anything, he is ok the way he is atm from what i have seen down in b5/b4 people playing him have nearly always been borederline hypercarries like Yi in some cases.

Now this may just be unskilledness on the parts of us b5/b4 players (which am sure all u higher tier players will say it is) but a few kills ahead yasuo is just as bad as a few kills ahead yi in my opinon.
Current League Goals:

Reach 1000 Normal Wins (Done)
Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

(ty to Ninja Trigger for the sic)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide