Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Road to Ruin

Creator: Mowen December 10, 2013 4:51pm
43 posts - page 2 of 5
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2013 9:27pm | Report
So what if other champions can become untargetable? So what if Zhonya's Hourglass is purchased by every mage? Becoming untargetable only stops projectiles from hitting you, not everybody behind the wall. And sure, it only blocks projectiles. But considering how many abilities are projectiles, as well has how many auto attacks, I don't think you can say 'only'.

Also, I find it kinda funny how you also say it only lasts 4 seconds.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2013 9:37pm | Report

it blocks projectiles, only.

There's a LOT of projectiles in the game. I posted a video a while back which showed what Yasuo could block and I'll be honest, there were a LOT of things it blocked which I would hate to see blocked, especially every 20s.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 4:34am | Report
Why exactly are you defending a champion ability, OTG. It's obviously gonna receive hate and that's not saying anything negative about the champion or anything.

And regarding Yasuo I still don't like him. I hate that they're bringing in another champion instead of trying to fix any of the current issues.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 4:40am | Report
Mostly cause people usually QQ before actually learning to deal with the champ that hasnt been released yet.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 4:42am | Report
Quoted:

And regarding Yasuo I still don't like him. I hate that they're bringing in another champion instead of trying to fix any of the current issues.

It should be known by now that the champion design team has nothing to do with the problems on EU servers. They studied how to design and make it work in the game, but not how to make a working server infrasctructure.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 4:58am | Report
She didnt mean that, though that is a big deal. NA servers are becoming ****ty too lately (on and off lag).

She means the state of the actual game, you know... supports being overpowered as hell and junglers farming nonstop and the meta generally being stale.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 5:08am | Report
I know the story is a little cliché, but overall this promo is still better than 90% of the lore that Riot has written for champions. I like it.

As far as the ability goes, I think it'll be pretty strong, but as with everything it depends entirely on how it is used. If Yasuo uses it defensively while trying to escape with low health, it doesn't have to be a big deal if it blocks an Ezreal Q. If he is picked against a team with Ashe and can basically deny her initiate mid/late game, then that sounds pretty good to me (of course one could argue that Ashe shouldn't use her arrow like that then, but that would still suck for her team).

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 5:12am | Report
90% of Yasuo players will place the wall sideways. Watch. They wont block ****.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 5:19am | Report

Mostly cause people usually QQ before actually learning to deal with the champ that hasnt been released yet.

The mechanic is broken because it blocks everything. If this game existed of skillshots only, like SMITE, then it'd be something entirely different but that's not the case. This ability provides counterplay to abilities that otherwise have little to no counterplay and thus it breaks the game in a certain way.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 5:26am | Report
We'll have to see how people use it. Aside from professionals I don't see this being that gamebreaking. People will either use it incorrectly or the enemies will ignore it entirely. It does nothing to stop melees, and not to mention that Yasuo's playstyle will likely take him out of the walls safety anyway. he'll likely use his for his team's benefit and not his own.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide