Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Road to Ruin

Creator: Mowen December 10, 2013 4:51pm
43 posts - page 3 of 5
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 5:35am | Report
That's the thing though, isn't it? You don't judge whether an ability is balanced or not based on how many people use it properly (which I agree might not be a lot in lower elos), you judge based on what it can do when used properly.

Also I play against mostly plat/diamond players in my normals so I don't think I can rely on them using it incorrectly 9/10 times, lol (chances are people in my ranked games will fail though :D).

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 5:53am | Report

We'll have to see how people use it. Aside from professionals I don't see this being that gamebreaking. People will either use it incorrectly or the enemies will ignore it entirely. It does nothing to stop melees, and not to mention that Yasuo's playstyle will likely take him out of the walls safety anyway. he'll likely use his for his team's benefit and not his own.

Dafuq did I just read?! That's a terrible argument and for some reason people keep using it. The ability breaks the game in a pretty serious way - against some champions it's like being untargetable (e.g. Ashe, Ahri, Twisted Fate, Ryze) while still being able to deal damage and performing other actions.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 8:09am | Report
Probem is that skillshots are ment to be rewarding when having enough aim to hit them.
But if a skill can easily deny that reward with a skill, which doesn't even need a good reaction time, then it becomes gamebreaking.

As it is now, it should only be able to block really small projectiles or only the first projectile (or first 3 whatever) and then act like an Anivia wall, allthough that would be pretty OP again...
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 9:22am | Report
Well, the way I look at it, regardless of how powerful the wind wall is, Yasuo is directly countered by melee CC focus. Even with his passive he's little more than a paperweight. At least Yi can run away from fights really fast or meditate, or alpha strike to block key spells. For a melee carry he's really only got the wind wall (with very low up time) and an inconsistent shield to to defend himself, OR the off chance an enemy creep is behind him to dash to.

My argument isn't as much that Wind Wall won't be OP, it's more that Yasuo will not be OP because of it.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 9:25am | Report
nobody really cares about yasuo right?

ao shin. WHERE BE YOU!?!?! :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 9:27am | Report
Well, Riot said they'd have a support champ "early next year" and Ao Shin was said to have some sort of healing rain, and other nonsense for his team, so I can be 60-70% sure Ao Shin is the next support/mage hybrid champ.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 9:28am | Report
^ YES PLEASE

mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 12:24pm | Report
but i want him to be a lategame burst mage :(
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 12:35pm | Report
I think he'll be akin to Orianna or something. A supporty mage. They said his abilities devastate his enemies and bring good fortune to his allies. This alludes to a duel mage support nature.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 1:35pm | Report
yasuo isn't countered by melee focus - he's countered by aggression.

That said, he's still a pretty good champion that scales insanely well into the lategame. He also has a lot of utility for a melee hard carry, not to mention he responds very well to ganks.

I'm predicting he'll be great in solo queue, but not so great in competitive play. But you never know.

Jesus promised the end of all wicked people.
Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide