Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Quick question about Ryze and Zhonya's Hourglass

Creator: dadde April 12, 2011 11:39am
1 2 3 4 5
dadde
<Member>
dadde's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 11:39am | Report
Would it be practical for Ryze to have a Zhonya's Hourglass? I realize that Ryze is now based upon strictly mana due to the AP nerf however would it make that big a difference to have just the one item in trade for the extra survivibility. I was thinking that if the build went something like this.

Sapphire Crystal
2 pots
Tear of the Goddess
Catalyst the Protector
Rod of Ages
Sorcerer's Shoes
Zhonya's Hourglass

Thats the exact start of the highest rated Ryze build out there, so how practical is that since Ryze seems to be a focuz fire target later on in the games.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 12:01pm | Report
No.

Get a Frozen Heart, more damage and more survivability.

Problem solved.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
dadde
<Member>
dadde's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 12:42pm | Report
Sorry, i wasnt being specific enough in the origional post. Would it be practice to opt out a Banshee's Veil or Thornmail or even a Guardian Angel for a Hourglass because you do get a Frozen Heart later on in the build.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 1:38pm | Report
Zhonya's is ideal for burst champions.

But, it's a silly choice for DPS.

2 seconds out of battle are 2 seconds you can't attack the enemy.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 2:47pm | Report
Ryze is reliant on dps and items with both mana and defenses to thrive, I agree that 2 seconds of zhonyas is 2 seconds you could spend melting the enemy.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 2:56pm | Report
I find Zhonya's completely useless. While somebody has just used it's active to preserve their lives a couple extra seconds, they are just letting my cooldowns run off, making the kill so much easier.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 2:57pm | Report
Time it right and you'll avoid, say, Summon: Tibbers :) Though I have to say it's completely useless on Ryze.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 2:59pm | Report
dadde wrote:

Sorry, i wasnt being specific enough in the origional post. Would it be practice to opt out a Banshee's Veil or Thornmail or even a Guardian Angel for a Hourglass because you do get a Frozen Heart later on in the build.

Don't opt out a Banshee's Veil - the mana is essential for your damage. By end-game, you should have more than enough armor, MR, and health to not need a thornmail or guardian angel - by then, it's best to just get a Rabadon's Deathcap, which gives more AP.
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 3:17pm | Report
I personally find ap scaling on Ryze to be absolutely terrible, which is why I usually skip AP completely.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 3:21pm | Report
Zeprido wrote:

I personally find ap scaling on Ryze to be absolutely terrible, which is why I usually skip AP completely.

As a 6th item, ONLY if more pure dmg is wanted, a Rabadon's is okay. However, something like a 2nd RoA might be better.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide