Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darius: OP or no?

Creator: tehAsian May 24, 2012 10:54pm
OP?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 3:40pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

No.

Shunpo into Bouncing Blades is her greatest source of damage. She can use her ult at most once in a fight. She can EQ or QE up to 5 times. EQ or QE is her greatest source of damage, and that's because of her passive.

Yeap, this is correct.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 4:00pm | Report
I was in a team fight using Tristana against Darius. He jumped at me to finish me with his ult. I ulted him in the face, mid air. Quadra/Ace. Bring it.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Opaque_Shadow
<Member>
Opaque_Shadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 7:53pm | Report
animorte wrote:

Just so you know (with the 800+ true damage), if Darius were to ult just 4 times (minimum, triple kill) in that one team fight, it would be 3200+ True Damage. If he managed to get 5 (minimum quadra kill), it would be 4000+ True Damage. Just saying.

Tristana and Katarina refresh cooldowns on kills. Nobody complains about them and they do potentially more damage without even needing stacks... And both have more range...

the situation you present there assume that he got max stats on every one AND that he manages to get the last hit with his ult. At most ELO's this is much less likely then a corki just right clicking.

Also Arcana, any Darius who builds anything BUT AD is basically useless. He is not tanky in anyway, has no utility, and no AP potential either. Non-AD Darius doesn't exist, he is forced to go AD because that's all he can do.
Feel Free to send my referral link to anyone you know.

Ultima ratio regum. (The final argument of kings)
- Inscription on french cannons, on order of Louis XIV
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 10:16pm | Report
Exactly. I was just leaving room to infer that things are required on both sides for either of them to do that much damage.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
JekeTeMata
<Member>
JekeTeMata's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 2:40am | Report
I think nobody gets to see my point, what I mean about that insta CD on ulti is that it allows so easy multikill, and there is no other champ able to get multikills that easily and more taking into account he doesn't even need to build full AD to get massive damage on his ulti.

Katarina might refresh CD too, but I don't think she is comparable to Darius in multikill capability for various reasons: First of all is way harder to get multikills as Kat, second you need to build squishy with mostly damage items in order to be able to multikill and third multikilling for Katarina requires quite more time that it would require for Darius. Exactly the same for Yi, he can multikill yes, but 1st he need to build squishy and still hard to do. Darius can build tanky and easymode multikill anyway that's why isn't comparable at all imo.

@DuffTime: I'm sorry dude but you are very wrong about me, you were the one who brought no arguments, mine were before, so no reason to repeat them (less when you don't bring any argue to the disscusion), if you dont belive me here is the quote:

JekeTeMata wrote:

Are you really trying to defend that imba insta CD by comparing it to Katarina and (ROFL) Tristana seriously?

Nobody complains about Tristana refresh cause she just resets Rocket Jump CD, I think I don't need to explain why that's not comparable with Darius ult, but just in case: Darius ult is a FINISHER WITH MASSIVE DAMAGE, Tristana's Rocket Jump is an ESCAPE/CHASE SKILL WITH MODERATE DAMAGE...

And about Katarina, please dude, she just refreshes 15 secs from a 60/55/50 CD on her ulti, Shunpo and the other abilities get full CD reset but they are not dealing even half damage of Darius ult can deal...

So from where you bring that they do "potentially more damage"? and more when you already stated that Darius can deal up to 4000+ TRUE damage, explain yourself please...

Also you are wrong about minimun triplekill/quadrakill cause he doesn't even need to score the kill, if he gets the assist within 0,5 secs after using ult on target it resets too...

This is previous to your, "yes it is comparable cause I say so" so that's it, isn't my fault that you don't bother to read.

I know what happens, since you are mostly high level/elo players, your pride doesn't allow you to say that any champ/skill is OP, cause hell "I'm a pro I can deal with anything".

But seriously that insta CD on ulti is just a easymode multikill.
Check out my builds Tanky/CDR Riven & SpamUdyr Click on the name for direct link ;)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 2:56am | Report
Of course it's easy mode ulti kill. That's all it's good for. If it weren't easy mode multi kill, it would suck.

It's part of the threat of the champion. I know Morello that Darius is more or less balanced, but I think they will minorly nerf him due to the massive QQ from the fanbase.

And YES, he can kill most targets in lane from around 50% HP if you can get 5 stacks on the target. He is very strong when played well.

All I've been saying, is that yes, he is directly and undeniably comparable to Katarina, Akali, Tristana and other champions with resets. Because he is. You can't argue that he is comparable to them. And I also think he's on the strong side and a nerf might not be a bad thing but I don't find him to be terribly overpowered. He's not even close to as overpowered as some of the other champions in the cast.

The problem with executes, is that your targets have to be almost dead for them to be useful. If your targets don't get low and don't stay in your range, your execute becomes fairly useless. There's too many reasons why pro players aren't calling him OP, but I would tend to agree that he's not perfectly balanced, and he should be reworked simply for the fact that he's ruining the lower level of player's ability to enjoy the game.

JekeTeMata wrote:

I know what happens, since you are mostly high level/elo players, your pride doesn't allow you to say that any champ/skill is OP, cause hell "I'm a pro I can deal with anything".

When the good players with good ratings say, "Yes, there is an answer, it can be dealt with, and that answer is skillful and knowledgable play." and the first thing you do is say, "Nope, OP, cannot be dealt with." That's a cop out. The winning players are telling you how to win, or that at least they can win against it. That's the kind of thing that keeps a player bad at this game, is that kind of a mentality. You need to be willing to say, "Wow, maybe I just need to get better and learn how to deal with Darius, rather than copping out and just chanting OP with all the other low elo players who aren't winning games."

When you abandon the cop out, and take responsibility for your game, you also take the game into your hands, and take control of the flow of the game. It will both humble you, and improve you as a player to admit your own mistakes are causing you to lose to Darius players even more than champion imbalance.

I know you can **** on Darius, because I have never lost lane to a Darius and -rarely- lose games to them to boot. His tool kit of damage which is reliant on stacks and executions is just underwhelming when you compare it to the alternative and always potent kits like the one's that Nautilus and Lee Sin and many other possess.

He's very very good, I just don't think he's OP, and I do think he's perfectly comparable to a melee bruiser version of Katarina or Akali.
JekeTeMata
<Member>
JekeTeMata's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 3:02am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Of course it's easy mode ulti kill. That's all it's good for. If it weren't easy mode multi kill, it would suck.

It's part of the threat of the champion. I know Morello that Darius is more or less balanced, but I think they will minorly nerf him due to the massive QQ from the fanbase.

And YES, he can kill most targets in lane from around 50% HP if you can get 5 stacks on the target. He is very strong when played well.

All I've been saying, is that yes, he is directly and undeniably comparable to Katarina, Akali, Tristana and other champions with resets. Because he is. You can't argue that he is comparable to them. And I also think he's on the strong side and a nerf might not be a bad thing but I don't find him to be terribly overpowered. He's not even close to as overpowered as some of the other champions in the cast.

The problem with executes, is that your targets have to be almost dead for them to be useful. If your targets don't get low and don't stay in your range, your execute becomes fairly useless. There's too many reasons why pro players aren't calling him OP, but I would tend to agree that he's not perfectly balanced, and he should be reworked simply for the fact that he's ruining the lower level of player's ability to enjoy the game.

I agree with you on this, but just for the record I never said that he is terribly OP, I know he has his strong part but his weaknesses too, the champ and the skillset are fine imo, and I just love all the bleeding stuff. My only problem is that insta CD on ulti. I'm sorry if I have been a bit vehement on this topic :)
Check out my builds Tanky/CDR Riven & SpamUdyr Click on the name for direct link ;)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 3:07am | Report
JekeTeMata wrote:

I agree with you on this, but just for the record I never said that he is terribly OP, I know he has his strong part but his weaknesses too, the champ and the skillset are fine imo, and I just love all the bleeding stuff. My only problem is that insta CD on ulti. I'm sorry if I have been a bit vehement on this topic :)

Glad to hear we agree on that part, and that we both don't think he's super OP.

The insta CD on ulti might be frustrating, but then again so is Shen's ultimate, and Shen is OVERPOWERED to boot.
Malin
<Member>
Malin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 3:29am | Report
darius is a bad boy
👌👌👌👌👌👌 pc master race 👌👌👌👌👌👌
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 3:40am | Report