Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darius: OP or no?

Creator: tehAsian May 24, 2012 10:54pm
OP?
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 8:50am | Report

AD Corki can do far more true damage that that overall to several champs in extended teamfights, yet noe one has claimed that his passive is OP. The defense you're making is "OHHH look at the big number, it must be too strong!" but with decidedly more intelligence.

800 instantaneous damage amounts to jack **** compared to the raw power a fully farmed/itemized Corki can bring to bear in team fights, not to mention the fact the the damage from our flying friend will matter a lot more.

Darius is a pub stomping kill stealer, nothing more. He doesnt really have what it takes to matter in team fights unless hes running cleanup for a mostly AoE or CC centric team comp.

Edit: a Corki with Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster (fully stacked), Trinity Force, Last Whisper, Berserker's Greaves, and a Maw of Malmortius, has 413.95 AD * .1 = 41.395 True Damage per auto attack.

Let's assume that a "long" team fight lasts for 30 seconds. At maximum AS (which Corki will have) you will attack 75 times assuming you auto attack the whole engagement. 75 * 41.395 = 3104.625 TRUE DAMAGE just fyi, Darius ain't ****.

You're forgetting that he's AD carry, and what is he building? AD... So Totally fine with that, but daruis? Nah, he don't need dat AD at all, to do damage...
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
JekeTeMata
<Member>
JekeTeMata's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 8:54am | Report
FIXED:
DuffTime wrote:

Yes, and just like when you said it before, you're absolutely incorrect to say that it isn't comparable, because it most certainly is very comparable, BECAUSE I SAY SO.

Just love when people bring that kind of solid arguments to discussions. Of course I can't discuss that kind of arguments. GG
Check out my builds Tanky/CDR Riven & SpamUdyr Click on the name for direct link ;)
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 8:58am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Yes, and just like when you said it before, you're absolutely incorrect to say that it isn't comparable, because it most certainly is very comparable.

Everyone, forgot akali... Bryun, must be sad, cause I am T_T. Also, Kat can be comparable with Daruis easily. Not trist... (Haven't played her tbh, so no idea >.<) But Kat? She uses Shunpo, uses Death lotus, gets a kill chases down someone, and repeats. Proceed to penta. You obviously haven't played against ANY GOOD KATS...

JekeTeMata
<Member>
JekeTeMata's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 9:56am | Report
Arcana3 wrote:

Everyone, forgot akali... Bryun, must be sad, cause I am T_T. Also, Kat can be comparable with Daruis easily. Not trist... (Haven't played her tbh, so no idea >.<) But Kat? She uses Shunpo, uses Death lotus, gets a kill chases down someone, and repeats. Proceed to penta. You obviously haven't played against ANY GOOD KATS...

Good arguments for discussion. As you say I haven't really met any good Kat yet, but luckily i have Kat myself and I've played her, not so much but enough to know how she is work and what is she capable of do.

I think that if I say that Kat's greatest source of damage is her ulti everybody will agree with me.

Shunpo has very good damage with that 75% of AP scaling and decent cooldown from 10 to 6 secs and Bouncing Blades is ok and scales both AP and AD with a decent 9 to 7 secs CD but they are not enough spammable to make quick kills, usually not everybody on the team builds glasscannon, in fact as much 1 or 2 players builds that squishy in a team.

The thing to compare is Voracity it gives 15secs CDR to every skill on kill or assist. So as you say she uses Shunpo + Death Lotus and gets a kill, from that sentence I guess the target was alone/far from his team, cause as everyone knows Death Lotus is extremely easy to interrupt, so you if any memeber of his team with a stun/silence/knockup was around you wouldnt kill him that easy.

Lets say you got that kill, nobody else was there or they were not knowing that they can stop your ult. Death Lotus is now on CD 50secs (lvl3 of the skill), as you got that kill now CD is 35secs but you have again up the rest of your abilities. So you chase down someone Shunpo + mm Death Lotus still on CD so according to you, you can kill him with Shunpo + Bouncing Blades and lets say a couple of AAs. Certainly that second target was quite low on health to kill it with that combo, but could be. Now you have around 10 secs CD still on Death Lotus (considering the new 15secs and 10 secs for killing the second), now certainly you would be able to kill with Shunpo + Death Lotus the third yep, but it wasn't as easy as you were showing, and certainly isn't even half as fast as Darius can do a multikil.

Now lets see Darius case, I never played Darius so here maybe I'm wrong. Darius greatest source of damage is his Ult, at least it looks like it to me. Can you tell me how fast can kill Darius 3 people in a teamfight (in Katarina's case they were not grouped, already stated why) with a high burst AoE damage people like Veigar or Xerath? I'm sorry but I'm too lazy to calculate plus i don't know enough the champ :D

I think it is clear why in my opinion Katas CD on kill/assist isn't comparable with Darius one. Just a matter of difficulty/time/damage output... And with Yi happens the same he simply doesnt have any skill capable of even half damage of Darius ult, unless you build him full AP. Not to mention how squishy Yi and Kat need to build in order to hardly multikill and how tanky can build Darius and ezmodemultikill in a blink.

And Tristana's refresh is just laughable and i already stated why, read back if you want.
Check out my builds Tanky/CDR Riven & SpamUdyr Click on the name for direct link ;)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 2:55pm | Report
Arcana3 wrote:

You're forgetting that he's AD carry, and what is he building? AD... So Totally fine with that, but daruis? Nah, he don't need dat AD at all, to do damage...

What he DOES need is five stacks, meaning that in order to deal his high damage numbers, his opponents have to be very unaware of what's going on, AKA bad players.

JekeTeMata wrote:

Just love when people bring that kind of solid arguments to discussions. Of course I can't discuss that kind of arguments. GG

Are you describing my method of argument or your own? Two people are standing about saying, "No you're wrong." Why does that make me one who's argument is not strong or illogical?

Arcana3 wrote:

Was this targetted at me or at that other guy? o_O

I'm the one saying his refresh is very comparable to Akali, Kat, and even Trist.
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 2:59pm | Report
Duff just wanna say, what you just said to jake is a logical fallacy. Just fyi ;) But no my answer was directed to Jake :O Not you. I agree that Kat can be compared to Daruis easily. And I was bringing up akali, cause well... Shadow dance basically does the same thing as Daruis, but stacks and has super range. The mechanic of "If someone dies it Refreshes" is the same though.

Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 3:11pm | Report
TL;DR : Corki's passive is OP. I mean, Corki in general's OP.

P.S. Bring back Corki's blind, Riot >:D

P.S.2. Did I say Corki was OP and freaking badass? Caus he is.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 3:14pm | Report
Arcana3 wrote:

Duff just wanna say, what you just said to jake is a logical fallacy.

How so?

"Your argument makes no sense."

"No you."

"You're stupid"

GG.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 3:18pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Let's put it this way: nothing will ever be as OP as Twisted Fate when he was released.

Xin Zhao when he first got released. Nuff said.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 3:25pm | Report
JekeTeMata wrote:

I think that if I say that Kat's greatest source of damage is her ulti everybody will agree with me.

No.

Shunpo into Bouncing Blades is her greatest source of damage. She can use her ult at most once in a fight. She can EQ or QE up to 5 times. EQ or QE is her greatest source of damage, and that's because of her passive.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide