Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darius: OP or no?

Creator: tehAsian May 24, 2012 10:54pm
OP?
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 7:36pm | Report
:l

Wasn't in the tooltip, didn't know. They should really take that out >.>
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
JekeTeMata
<Member>
JekeTeMata's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 3:27am | Report
My personal opinion is that the champ is strong, but that ulti is extremely OP imo.

I really can't understand how you can design an Execution skill and reward it with insta CD when killing, wich is what it is supposed to do.

Imo Darius ult should not refresh on kill, in fact it should punish the user when fail to kill with it by an increased cooldown.

Seriously, can you imagine Garen's ulti refreshing its CD when killing? or Riven's active part of her ulti refreshing CD on killing? Sounds stupid, that's Darius ulti.

Apart from this I like the champion idea and skillset, and I will probably purchase him if he gets balanced, but I don't like to abuse OP stuff.
Check out my builds Tanky/CDR Riven & SpamUdyr Click on the name for direct link ;)
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 4:19am | Report
tehAsian wrote:

:l

Wasn't in the tooltip, didn't know. They should really take that out >.>

Totally agreeing : the tooltip has to be clear about how the spell works, I don't care about wiki explaining the "secret" part of the ult mechanic. When you want to know about a champ and his skillset, you read the ingame description and stuff, you don't have to go to an external website to find the correct info. Here are the official info in the official tooltip false.

And it awards people not able to clearly estimate the ult damage. Come on, if Chogath failed at ult-killing, he does not gain a stack. Or will Riot make the Cho Ult work brainlessly in the future ?

This champ skillset allows player's mistakes, even his gapcloser grips everything in front of him, in a game where Blitz or Nautilus have to aim properly.

I have no problem with a champ can do very well if it's hard to do that well
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 5:45am | Report
JekeTeMata wrote:
I really can't understand how you can design an Execution skill and reward it with insta CD when killing, wich is what it is supposed to do.

Imo Darius ult should not refresh on kill, in fact it should punish the user when fail to kill with it by an increased cooldown.

Seriously, can you imagine Garen's ulti refreshing its CD when killing? or Riven's active part of her ulti refreshing CD on killing? Sounds stupid, that's Darius ulti.

The only reason that it is an execute is because of the refresh. It does not deal increased damage based on missing health like Riven or Garen. Removing the refresh from it would remove the execute. You'd be best off targetting one champion, the one with the most stacks, not the lowest health target anymore.
Interested in playing some League with other MobaFire members? Play in our weekly inhouses!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 6:19am | Report
JekeTeMata wrote:

My personal opinion is that the champ is strong, but that ulti is extremely OP imo.

Apart from this I like the champion idea and skillset, and I will probably purchase him if he gets balanced, but I don't like to abuse OP stuff.

His ultimate isn't OP since it has the sole purpose of executing people and doing it again. This gives it no utility and a very specific window of opportunity. Additionally, in order for the ultimate to actually work as an execute; he needs to prepare his target with sufficient stacks of Hemorrhage. In lane, the ultimate is very strong but in teamfights it serves no other purpose but to clean up.
JekeTeMata
<Member>
JekeTeMata's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 6:56am | Report
BarbJ wrote:

The only reason that it is an execute is because of the refresh. It does not deal increased damage based on missing health like Riven or Garen. Removing the refresh from it would remove the execute. You'd be best off targetting one champion, the one with the most stacks, not the lowest health target anymore.

Really? Maybe I'm so dumb cause i thought that the massive amount of damage it provides is what makes of it a finisher/executer, like no low on health champ can escape from getting killed by it.

So according to your reasoning, Karthus ulti isn't a finisher/executer at all cause it does not deal increased damage based on missing health like Riven's or Garen's ulti. Thanks for letting it clear.

Targeting the lowest health champ, even without stacks will guarantee a kill and the consecuent refresh on cooldown, I'm sorry but just in case you didn't get my irony I'll tell you I can't agree with your statement.

@GrandmasterD: Are you really defending the insta CD on uti? Imo this saying that an insta CD on Garen's ult would be ok not OP at all, a total joke.

Just to illustrate: Imagine Zilean's ulti getting insta CD when if successfully revives an ally. Sounds dumb right? the same dumb is Darius ulti but with killing instead of with reviving...

Can you see my point now?

Just to make it clear: I'm not saying he is ultra OP in the sense of being uncounterable or unstoppable. Of course is easy to counterpick or shut him down fast in ranked games with coordinated teams. But this game isn't only about ranked and premades, some people like me enjoys playing normal games and Darius is making normal games not fun anymore...

EDIT: I loved the phrase "removing the refresh from it would remove the execute" is so funny cause you actually NEED TO EXECUTE SOMEONE IN ORDER TO GET THE REFRESH... good one boy
Check out my builds Tanky/CDR Riven & SpamUdyr Click on the name for direct link ;)
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 6:57am | Report
People often mistake his ulti for OPness since they want to believe a lost teamfight wouldn't be lost if Darius wasn't there. Seriously, he's just collecting kills that otherwise might've belonged to someone else. He needs to stack on EACH character in order for the ulti to deal damage. Dood, if your team failed to eliminate their carry and lost yours, AND also lost the "second in place" carry (AP?), the tf is already going bad. Now it's frequently a matter of running or being bent over, and it's where Darius does stuff; he prevents the run, he does a quick cleanup (but seriously, running could've been hard even if he wasn't there).

People see that his ulti is watch finished them off = his ulti is op. Actually, of the latest champs out, Fiora's ulti is a lot better: deals great damage either way, let's her turret dive like a beast and even heals her since it applies on-hit (passive + lifesteal).
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 7:11am | Report
JekeTeMata wrote:

Really? Maybe I'm so dumb cause i thought that the massive amount of damage it provides is what makes of it a finisher/executer, like no low on health champ can escape from getting killed by it.

So according to your reasoning, Karthus ulti isn't a finisher/executer at all cause it does not deal increased damage based on missing health like Riven's or Garen's ulti. Thanks for letting it clear.

Targeting the lowest health champ, even without stacks will guarantee a kill and the consecuent refresh on cooldown, I'm sorry but just in case you didn't get my irony I'll tell you I can't agree with your statement.

@GrandmasterD: Are you really defending the insta CD on uti? Imo this saying that an insta CD on Garen's ult would be ok not OP at all, a total joke.

Just to illustrate: Imagine Zilean's ulti getting insta CD when if successfully revives an ally. Sounds dumb right? the same dumb is Darius ulti but with killing instead of with reviving...

Can you see my point now?

Just to make it clear: I'm not saying he is ultra OP in the sense of being uncounterable or unstoppable. Of course is easy to counterpick or shut him down fast in ranked games with coordinated teams. But this game isn't only about ranked and premades, some people like me enjoys playing normal games and Darius is making normal games not fun anymore...

Darius' ult is not comparable to Zilean's ult whatsoever. Darius' ult has only one goal: executing. This renders him incapable of using it until your team, presumably, is winning the fight. Additionally, it requires a proper amount of stacks before it actually deals damage. This ult has no use but to deal the final blow which gives it a very small window of opportunity and no use if you are losing the fight. In a 1v1 fight it is different since you don't necessarily want it to refresh but in teamfights it is far from a strong ult. It basically wins teamfights which are already won while Zilean's ult has the potential of turning lost teamfights into won teamfights.
TheRedPenguin
<Inhouse Regular>
TheRedPenguin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 7:17am | Report
Darius is only OP when your team is good or/and you are ahead.
Darius is just sucks if he isn't ahead or/and his team sucks.

Snowball at its finest with that champion.

The armor pen is actually pretty ridiculous IMO.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 7:21am | Report

Darius is only OP when your team is good or/and you are ahead.
Darius is just sucks if he isn't ahead or/and his team sucks.

Snowball at its finest with that champion.

The armor pen is actually pretty ridiculous IMO.

Still wouldn't call it OP. But basically what you said fits. The armour penetration is fun but the ability itself lacks range, has a huge CD and deals no damage. Therefore, he needs AD in order to make the armour penetration working.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide