Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hybrid Varus might be viable. Results of...

Creator: Lemonlust May 8, 2012 7:18pm
1 2
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 2:07am | Report
Chain of Corruption - Varus flings out a tendril of corruption that immobilizes the first enemy champion hit and then spreads towards nearby uninfected champions, immobilizing them too on contact.
Varus flings out a tendril of corruption that deals 150/250/350 (+1) magic damage and immobilizes the first enemy champion hit for 2 seconds.

Overall I think hybrid Varus is a bad idea, but since his ultimate scales 1:1 it's probably pretty fun in normal games.

I would build..
Berserker's Greaves
Hextech Gunblade
Nashor's Tooth
Rabadon's Deathcap
Wit's End, Lich Bane or Trinity Force
Youmuu's Ghostblade or Shurelya's Battlesong

40% Cdr to stronk if you want to trigger W stacks as often as possible.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 8:47am | Report

I thought you were trying to build AS/On-hit Varus last time I checked?

AP Varus would actually be pretty hilarious in my opinion. Shoot them 3 times and deal 16.5% of their max HP, then you do 800 damage ults. Not that it would be super viable, but oh well.

Berserker's Greaves
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Hextech Gunblade
Black Cleaver
Bloodthirster
Situational Item

^ That build would probably work pretty well, you still have to focus mainly on AD, as he does primarily physical damage, and only deals magic damage with his W and R.

yeah, even with my hybrid build im still dealing 2/3rd phys. so a black cleaver would fit pretty well. although i also like Madred's Bloodrazor and Wit's End for the defensive stats as well as the offensive.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2012 7:38am | Report
caucheka wrote:

i've been trying to tell everyone hybrid varus is viable but w/e.

i wouldnt get tf though. he has nowhere near the cds required to make tf procs good.

Sure his damage is viable, his survival is not.

If you're building Varus I'd suggest AS/AP or purely AD carry, don't mix them...The only "mix" I'd suggest is POSSIBLY getting gunblade on AD varus. Spell Vamp doesn't work all that well on him in my experience.But Early Nashor's on AP Varus is actually quite good.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 6:12pm | Report
"first Ranged Hybrid."... Ezreal? or maybe Kayle? Ranged hybrid has been done before it's just that going straight AD/AP is almost always the better option. Basically any of the champs that you can build on hit on (kog/kayle/now varus) can be built this way. I still think on hit is better than hybrid though. If you were to go hybrid I'd say focus on getting a high damage item afterwards such as an IE or maybe a Black cleaver would go better with the AS you seem to be trying to get at.

Here is how I would do it:
however you plan to start (boots or dorans or whatever)
Then go for a malady. once I had that I'd rush the hextech gunblade and then a wit's end. I'd follow up with the rageblade (maybe not. I'm not a huge fan of that item) and then black cleaver. If I opt out of rageblade I'd probably get a... wait a second. At most you'd get about 100 AP from anyway you build him if you go hybrid. 100 plus his ult is insignificant and on his blight does how much? 1% more hp per stack? at most 4% more? No. Just go either AD or on hit. The only way I could think of to make this worth it would be to get a lich bane as your last item. so to wrap that up: boots->malady->gunblade->wit's end->sell malady for rageblade->black cleaver->lich bane That's pretty much no damage from anything but the passives of your items but it's the only way i see hybrid working. Maybe switch out wit's end for nasher's tooth, but no don't do that.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
CellOne
<Member>
CellOne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 3:46am | Report
Hybrid Varus is nonsense. Would you play Hybrid mf? No?
Why would you play Hybrid Varus then?

AD Varus has a lot more damage than Hybrid, doesn't even matter how you build him (I still dont like that Black Cleaver on him, I don't like the item anyhow...), all PD, BT or IE first builds are better.

It's not like I wouldn't like to play some carrys as Hybrid, but fact is in higher Elos there is no point to do so. Almost every botlane will outdps you.

Maybe you could do such stuff against Soraka...
Y ME NO LIKE VIKINGS.
DAFUQ.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide