Ahri Build Guide by Allude
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
To me, Ahri has one of the most versatile kits in the game. With her skills , she is able to jolt around the battle field, with grace and elegance, while utilizing her tools to aide her team in battle, whether it's catching a fleeing foe, or bursting down her enemy.
That being said, I now present to you, fellow readers, my well anticipated Ahri guide. Before "down-voting" or even "up-voting" please consider that this is my first guide, and it's not exactly perfect. And of course, thank you, kind readers, for taking the time to go through the whole guide.
Enjoy the video!
The Nine-Tailed Fox's Tantalizing Tale
Unlike other foxes that roamed the woods of southern Ionia, Ahri had always felt a strange connection to the magical world around her; a connection that was somehow incomplete. Deep inside, she felt the skin she had been born into was an ill fit for her and dreamt of one day becoming human. Her goal seemed forever out of reach, until she happened upon the wake of a human battle. It was a grisly scene,
the land obscured by the forms of wounded and dying soldiers.
She felt drawn to one: a robed man encircled by a waning field of magic whose life was quickly slipping away. She approached him and something deep inside of her triggered, reaching out to the man in a way she couldn't understand. His life essence poured into her, carried on invisible strands of magic. The sensation was intoxicating and overwhelming. As her reverie faded, she was delighted to discover that she had changed. Her sleek white fur had receded and her body was long and lithe, the shape of the humans who lay scattered about her.
However, though she appeared human, she knew that in truth the transformation was incomplete . A cunning creature, she adapted herself to the customs of human society and used her profound gift of beauty to attract unsuspecting men. She could consume their life essences when they were under the spell of her seductive charms.
Feeding on their desires brought her closer to her dream, but as she took more lives, a strange sense of regret began to well within her. She had reservations about actions which never troubled her as a fox. She realized that she could not overcome the pangs of her evolving morality. In search of a solution, Ahri found the Institute of War, home of the most gifted mages on Runeterra. They offered her a chance to attain her humanity without further harm through service in the League of Legends.
"Mercy is a human luxury, and responsibility.” Ahri
Prosperous Pros/Crippling Cons
+ Great mobility with
+ Nice auto-attack range.
+ Charm: A unique taunt
+ Her passive allows her to
have sustainability in lane.
+ Extremely high range for
- Low movement speed
- Low AP ratios with
- Very squishy, and dies
fast when focused.
- Her CC ability brings
enemies towards her.
- Very vulnerable to
Magnificent Masteries + Reliable Runes
The 21 points in OFFENSE is used to get:
- 4 extra ability power for the early game boost.
- 4% CDR for shorter cooldowns on her skills
- 10% Magic Penetration for both early and late game. (Goes great with our MPen. marks.)
- 1.5% extra damage on any type of damage elicited from Ahri.
- 18 extra ability power by level 18. (Amazing with our AP per level glyphs.)
- 5% more AP towards your total AP. (Basically a mini rabadons.)
- 6% Increased damage towards target's below 40% health. (For finishing off low health foes.)
The 9 points in UTILITY is used to get:
- 12 extra mana per level, 216 at level 18. (More mana = more spells casted.)
- 3 extra mana added to your base regeneration per 5 seconds. (More lane sustainability.)
- 5% increase vision range of wards. (Helps prevent ganks.)
- 20% Increased duration of shrine, relic, quest, and neutral monster buffs. (Longer blue buff.)
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: For the flat ability power in the beginning of the game that pairs up great with your Boots of Speed.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: For the Magic Penetration used to help against magic resist both early and late game.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power: For the extra boost of ability power late game.
- greater seal of Replenishment: For mana regeneration early in the game that helps you use your skills more often.
Seductive Summoner Spells
Flash: Used for escaping, chasing, and even initiating. One of the most best spells and it'a just perfect for Ahri. The top pick for Ahri because it gives her and added escape mechanism and another intiator.
Ignite: Has an enemy ever got away under 100 health? Well, that's what ignite is for, finishing off the enemy's last bit of health. The second best pick for Ahri, because it helps secure kills very often.
Exhaust: Can be used both defensively and offensively. The only bad thing is that exhaust isn't fully ability power orientated. The third best pick for Ahri, because it helps you be more defensive/ offensive.
Teleport: Need to recall for items/ health/ mana and get to lane quickly? Use teleport to not lose any experience, gold, or farm. Use of teleport falls off late game due to it's long cooldown.
Clarity: Amazing for all of Ahri's mana issues, and also her lane sustainability. It's not the top pick due to it falling off by a lot late in the game.
Ghost: Good for running away/ chasing enemies. Not the best due to the vulnerability of Ahri getting "CC'd" (stun,slow,etc.)
- Smite Your not fit for the jungle, Ahri belongs MIDDLE lane.
- Heal Even though it got "buffed" it's still useless late game.
- Revive Why can't you just wait to be revived manually?
- Cleanse Clears CC, but why this when you can escape with Ahri's Spirit Rush
- Promote This get's the lane pushed, and makes you more vulnerable to ganks.
- Clairvoyance Your not a support, and it got nerfed so it's not as good.
Ability Explanation + Sequence
- Soul Eater: Ahri gains a charge of Soul Eater whenever one of her spells hits an enemy. This caps at 3 charges per spell cast. Upon reaching 9 charges, Ahri's next spell will have 35% bonus spell vamp.
- Orb of Deception (Q): Ahri sends out an orb in a line in front of her and then pulls it back, dealing magic damage on the way out and true damage on the way back.
- Fox-Fire (W): Ahri releases three fox-fires to surround her. After a short delay they will attack nearby enemies, prioritizing champions, to deal magic damage to them. Additional fox-fires that hit the same target deal 50% damage.
- Charm (E): Ahri blows a kiss that travels in a line in front of her. It will deal magic damage and charm the first enemy it encounters, causing them to walk harmlessly towards her, while being slowed by 50% for the duration
- Spirit Rush (R): Ahri dashes towards the cursor and fires essence bolts, dealing magic damage to 3 nearby enemies, prioritizing champions. Spirit Rush can be cast two additional times before going on cooldown. Each enemy can only be hit once per dash.
Orb of Deception (Q) This is Ahri's bread and butter skill. This makes Ahri herself. Whether it's farming creep waves or even finishing up an enemy, you'll be using this skill. The true damage on this skill, is just too good. Enemies will be crying when they get hit with the Charm+ Orb of Deception combo. We max this skill first because it's true damage is too good to pass on, and it practically has a 0.66 AP ratio if hit with the full ability.
Fox-Fire (W) This is your "charge your passive" skill. Use it and run towards the enemy champion for an easy 3 stacks, helping aide to get your Soul Eater in.. You can also use this to deal plenty of AOE damage in a team fight. With it's low mana cost, and low cooldown, your going to love spamming this spell in champion's faces. We max this last unfortunately because the two other basic skills (Q and E) are more useful.
Charm (E) This is your "utility spell". You can use it to intiate, slow, and engage. This skill helps you set off combos. Your main combo (with your ultimate up) is E -> Q -> (If your Q hits for the full duration go tot he next skill) -> W -> R -> R -> R-> . Charm also provides a vast utility to Ahri's kit. Use it when you NEED it, because it has a relatively long cooldown, and high mana cost.
Spirit Rush (R) This skill defines Ahri. This is what Ahri is. This skill does everything. Escaping, dealing damage, juking, intiating, engaging, chasing, basically everything Ahri needs. This is why I love Ahri. Use this skill wisely, even though it has a relatively short cooldown at level 6. One of my favorite skills of the game in my opinion.
- Ahri's spirit rush is a must to max out first because it's cooldown get's lower each time leveled.
- Maxing Orb of Deception first is great because it helps you farm creep waves, harass the enemy, and bring true damage to your lane.
- I max Charm second because of the increased duration. The longer your CC is on Ahri the easier it is to put your full combo onto an enemy.
- I max Fox-Fire last because I don't see any use of it really. It's part of our combo but you won't really need it in the lane except getting "charges" on your passive.
- This skill sequence enables you for a strong early and late game.
: The AP carry's luxury. 20 Magic Pen. With this Ahri can most likely penetrate through most squishies. This is the first item I get because it gives the well needed movement speed that Ahri needs. Also, Ahri has pretty low AP ratios so getting this instead of a Blasting Wand would benefit her more.
: Ahri loves this hat. This hat loves Ahri too. This item gives so much AP, it's just too good to pass on. I usually get this item either 3rd or 4th depending on the game. GET THIS! It's 30% + AP is just so useful. Please do NOT pass out on this item, or you'll be missing out.
: This item help's Ahri so much. It's CC is very useful, and the 30% slow works on Spirit Rush bolts, Fox-Fire charges, and even Charm. The 15% slow is also very good on her Orb of Deception because if they do get caught by it, it'll be hard to side dodge of that incoming true damage
: This item is one of the most versatile items in the core. It gives her spell vamp that's great with her passive, and it also gives her AND her allies ability power. Once getting this item, I have practically no lane problems.
: More movement speed for Ahri is always a plus due to her low base movement. Also, the passive on this is just wondrous, and the bonus mana makes it easier for her to spam her skills. Once you get this item, you'll be dishing out more damage than you would have ever believed.
- : This helps late game where if you have a good amount of kills, the enemies will start building MR. Not only does this give you MR yourself. This also helps you maximize your damage output so you won't get countered by sudden magic resist. Thanks for JakeofAllSpaydes & PsiGuard for helping me realize that Ahri NEEDS magic penetration.
- Sustainability in lane with Spell Vamp. (From Will of the Ancients)
- AP to do loads of damage. (From all items in the build)
- Auras to help out the team even more, and have more presence in team fights.
- Magic Resist, Armor, and a good amount of health.
- Overall tankiness to avoid getting dropped when focused.
The cost of this build is : 15,300
Keep in mind, that this build is a bit expensive, but also keep in mind that this build has everything Ahri needs. This build mainly works because many people underestimate how tanky Ahri can get with Banshee's, Zhonya's, and Abyssal. With Abyssal and Banshee's the enemy AP carry will have trouble damaging you even with MPen items.
Reasons I don't build these items on Ahri
Rod of Ages: This item has been used for all ages. It gives you health, mana, and AP.
The reason I don't choose this item is just for one reason. It takes twenty minutes for the item to get into full effect. Now, twenty minutes doesn't seem like a long time, but in that twenty minutes I'd rather continue with my build. Also, since people don't necessarily get Rod of Ages as their first item, it takes even longer. I'd rather see full effects at the very moment, than wait for something to gradually get stronger.
Morello's Evil Tome: At first glance, this looks like a good item, AP , CDR, all a mage needs right? But why take this when we have Elixir of Brilliance for the CDR and extra AP, and also Blue Buff. Truth be told, Ahri does not need CDR because she has fairly short cooldowns.
Deathfire Grasp: This item might be good for Veigar,(Burst down enemies in 4 seconds), but necessarily it's not needed. It gives a low amount of AP (Not really low but other items just outclass this), and it lacks any survivability. If I was building glass cannon, sure I'd get this but I wouldn't touch it if I were you.
Zhonya's Hourglass: This item gives armor, and a huge amount of AP, but the only problem is it's active. The active does not fit Ahri's style of dashing around the field and using her mobility. The armor is a plus, and AP, but the active isn't that great for her.
Abyssal Scepter: I don't build this item for mainly one reason. The support should be getting this, usually, or another character. It sure has a nice aura for the team, but as the main AP carry, you have to build YOUR damage first, and think about what you need.
Laning Phase + Team Fights - Step by Step.
Level 1-3 carefully least hit minions, and if you get harassed, just Q them right back. (Make sure to hit it.) At level 3 your combo is ready. Hit your Charm and if you hit it, move up to the enemy and use Fox-Fire. Then quickly get off a Orb of Deception. This will take out the enemie's health by one half. If you fail, continue to last hit minions. At level 6, you are ready to go in for the kill. Like again, hit your Charm on the enemy, if you miss do not continue, if you hit it, then use your Fox-Fire+ Orb of Deception. If the enemy is not dead, use your Spirit Rush + Ignite to finish them off. As soon as you get the kill, push the lane a bit and head back to base.
At the base,you should have bought Sorcerer's Shoes when you got back, and if you need it, a few Health Potion, plus a sight ward. (Make sure you last hit so you have enough for these things!) You can either attempt to kill the enemy in your lane, continue last hitting creeps, or gank the side-lanes at this point.
You should have gotten a few kills earlier, keep last hitting, by this point you should have enough gold for these items: Giant's Belt, Blasting Wand,and an Amplifying Tome. Continue last hitting creeps and ganking other lanes.
Continue with your build, and finish it up, gank a lot and try to last hit/ farm with your Q as much as possible, take blue buff when needed, buy sight wards, and Elixir of Brilliance. Play carefully, ward Baron, and eventually with care, you'll maybe win the game.
Tips + Tricks
- Ahri's auto attack animation's missle speed is very fast, use this to your advantage and get as many last hits as you can in your lane.
- Your Orb of Deception is like a boomerang, even if you miss the enemy or target, you can position yourself in the direction the enemy's moving to get the true damage off.
- Use Spirit Rush only when you have to. You don't want yourself getting ganked right after you slay an enemy middle lane.
- Position yourself carefully when playing Ahri, getting caught off guard can mean you dying or even losing a duel.
- Don't spam your spells with Ahri, she is quite mana hungry, and use your spells only when you know you can hit the enemy.
- Charge up your passive by using your Fox-Fire on enemies in your lane (Champions).
Special Thanks to JhoiJhoi, Raven, and YOU!
Thanks to JhoiJhoi whose wonderful guide, helped, me, step by step by step , and lead me with kindness and care to make this guide. This is her guide here where she taught me about "Making a Guide". Also thanks to her for making me able to use her format, and also thanks to her for her wonderful blue borders decorated over this guide. Also once more, thanks JhoiJhoi for helping out the community with her helpfulness, perseverance , and her outrageous support for the community.
Thanks Raven for gifting me, even though I insisted not to, to buy Ahri with some RP. I myself would've been able to buy it,but you insisted. Might I say you made my day and I really thank you so much. Your a true friend and will always be one.
Thanks to those reading these right now because it's YOU who made me put this guide out , and I dedicated this guide to YOU to help you play Ahri. Thanks also for reading all the way through, no matter how long this guide really is. I appreciate you for taking the time to check out my guide. The journey has soon come to an end...
Summary ( Elusive Ending )
Well as they say " All thing must come to an end ". I worked hard on this guide for two days straight, and it sure payed off. Ahri is honestly my favorite champion in the game. She is not the very best, but she sure can be a beast in her line. Literally (insert meme with her being a fox here). Anyways, thanks for reading all the way through guys! Have fun on the fields of justice and leave any type of feedback you would like!