Top Lane Builds
Magical Lane Opponent
Heavy Enemy AD Team
Useful Defensive Items
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Yorick with this build
|Gangplank||Just be super aggressive and he will pee in his pirate pants. You can also use you W ghoul to check the bushes for barrels.|
|Kha'Zix||This guy is totally countered because you ghouls make it impossible for him to isolate you for his passive.|
|Teemo||Just go super aggressive and you will force him to back to base. Just don't forget to ward. Also if you see him place a mushroom just place you W (green) ghoul on top of it and it will explode.|
|Hey guys, welcome to my Yorick guide. This guide should help you to learn most of the basics of playing Yorick. If you have any questions after looking through the guide just ask in the discussion section.|
Unholy Covenant: This is a very unnoticable passive but a really strong one. Because you can have 4 minions out at once ,including the ultimate clone, you can have potentially 20% increased damage and also 20% decreased damage taken. This passive is makes you easily one of the best duelists in the game.
Omen of War: This ability is an auto attack buff that will reset your auto animation making you able to perform a sort of double strike on you target. This ability can be used to easily last hit minions and also great for harassing the opponent. This ability is also great for chasing fleeing targets due to the movement speed it grants.
- Activate instantly after an auto hits to do a double strike on the target due to the animation canceling effect of this ability.
- You can last hit a minion with this ability to make the ghoul run for the enemy champion and harass them.
Omen of Pestilence: This ability has an area of effect and doesn't require a target to be used. This ability is great for slowing enemies to either catch up to them or run away.
- You can use this ability to check bushes and objectives like Dragon because the ghoul will grant vision of those areas.
- You can use this ability to block skill shots. So you could save a teammate from a fatal Blitzcrank pull for example.
- You can use this ability to activate traps like Teemo mushrooms for example.
Omen of Famine: This is Yorick's main ability. It is his main source of damage and sustain in lane. There isn't many uses of this ability that isn't do damage and heal.
- This ability will heal for more if used on a champion.
- You can use this ability on a minion if you find yourself desperate for health to try and heal.
Omen of Death This ability is great for reviving a dead teammate in a team fight and potentially turning around a losing fight. Even if you don't revive anyone you can still attack with the clone for more damage output.
- This ability can be used to take towers quicker by making the clone attack the turret. It can also tank the turret for you if you have no minions with you.
- You can use this ability on yourself a the beginning of a duel with the enemy laner for more damage instead of just using it to revive you.
- 3x Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: These are to simply increase your early game damage output.
- 8x Greater Mark of Attack Damage: These are also to increase your damage output.
- 1x Greater Mark of Critical Chance: This is to simply make you able to critical strike. This random critical strike could win you a fight. You can just replace this with another attack damage rune if you feel this is unnecessary.
- 9x Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: These are to simply make you more tanky vs magical dealers. If you know you are against an AD opponent these can be replaced with scaling magic resist.
- 9x Greater Seal of Armor: These are to make you tankier to AD characters. These can be swapped out for health if your against a heavy magical team.
|+ High Poke
+ High Sustain
+ Light CC (slow)
+ Very Teamfight Impacting
|Yorick is great in many ways. He has one of the best lane phases of all the champions and many believe he has no hard counters. His poke is super frustrating to face and quite unfair. Once an ability is used the ghoul that is summoned will run after the enemy champion, forcing them to take damage or potentially zoning them from the lane. In team fights he can resurrect someone on your team for a short duration potentially turning round a losing fight.|
|+ Low Mobility
+ Melee Champion
+ No Hard CC
+ Very Mana Hungry
|Even though Yorick is a very good laner, he still has his flaws. His main issue being the fact that he is very susceptible to ganks, so make sure to get wards. Another issue Yorick has is his mana but this can be managed by buying some Mana items.|