Ezreal Build Guide by McDonaldsSuck
Starting Items #1 + Notes
Ability Sequence + Notes
PS!!!!!!! Guide is under construction so please excuse me if the guide is looking like sh*t.
Greetings fellow MobaFire browsers! Welcome to my Ezreal build.
I'm Kudós and I have a great interest in AD carries, so I decided to make a build about one of my favorites, Ezreal I hope you like it and if you do or don't, make sure to leave a comment and a voting, which helps me improve my guide so you guys can gain some ELO! :]
Let me tell you a little about myself. I'm a dude at the age of 16, I live in Sweden and eSports is my everything. You can follow me at Twitch TV.
So without further ado I present to you my fellow readers, my build! Let's cut to the chase and the second chapter: Pros & Cons.
Pros / Cons
+ Escape with Arcane Shift
+ Very good skillset
+ Team Steroid Essence Flux
+ Personal Steroid Rising Spell Force
+ Good Early, Mid and Late game damage
+ High Skillcap
- No Crowd-Control
- Difficult to master
- 3/4 Attacks are Skillshots
- Squishy like all ADs
- Highly focused
- Needs a lot of Gold
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: Easier to lasthit, harass, deal damage. Pretty necessary for any AD champion in my opinion.
- Greater Seal of Armor: For the laning phase, versus all champions that deal attack damage.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Also for the laning phase mostly, versus the supports poke.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: Easier to lasthit, harass, deal damage. Pretty necessary for any AD champion in my opinion.
Of course you can change the runes how you'd like them, but this is MY opinion, and these are both solid runepages that's approved by professionals worldwide, use them, or change them.
Flash - Teleports your champion toward your cursor's location.
The ultimate "get away free card" that you can use just about every fourth minute to save your life, catch up, position in a team fight or just dodge a skill like Enchanted Crystal Arrow. This is one of the used summoner spells if not the most popular spell. Because it can be used both defensively and offensively.
Barrier - Shields your champion for 95 + (20 per level) for 2 seconds.
A very underestimated summoner spell, great versus bursty lanes like Graves & Taric. Can save you from death against for example Requiem or Trueshot Barrage. Activate this when the enemy toplaner jumps on you and wastes all his cooldowns, like Zed.
Ignite - Ignites target enemy unit, dealing 70-410 true damage over 5 seconds and reduces healing effects on the target for the duration.
Another great spell, good for taking down those armor/magic resist stacking tanks, since it deals true damage it ignores all armor and magic resist. If you use this in a 1vs1 the opponent won't notice it and well probably don't care to lose 300 hp without knowing it.
Heal - Restores 145-570 Health to your champion and 50% of that to nearby allies.
This spell can be used to save teammates, bait people to towerdive you at low level, survive spells like Requiem and such. I like this spell as it benefits your teammates aswell, it's can be used both defensively and offensively, this spell works great in 1vs1s or 1vs2s. But remember to use it early in the fight if you know that your opponent(s) has an Ignite.
Ghost - Your champion ignores unit collision and has 27% increased Movement Speed for 10 seconds.
My favorite spell on the low levels, tho I think that it's not as viable anymore as I thought before. Although it can be used to comlpement Ezreal's slow base movement speed, but after you get your Tier 2 boots and Trinity Force you should have enough movement speed to keep up with your team or roam across the map. I myself just think that Flash is a whole lot better. Ghost on the other hand is good when you're far from your base and in a lane, but Flash is better in the jungle.
Exhaust - Exhausts target champion, reducing their Movement Speed by 40%, attack damage dealt by 70%, and ability and item damage dealt by 35% for 2.5 seconds.
Leave this to the support. because if the support goes Heal or Ignite, you WILL be healed for less when she uses it and she will more likely to end up with the kill if she has the Ignite. However Exhaust has the same effect even if she does it to an enemy, so that's why I only have Exhaust as viable and not recommended.
Rising Spell Force (Innate) Hitting a target with any of Ezreal's abilities increases his attack speed by 10% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Thanks to this spell we can focus more on attack damage items instead of attack speed. This ability stacks up to 5 times. You gain 5 Stacks after casting Trueshot Barrage.
Mystic Shot (Q) Ezreal fires a bolt of energy that deals 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 (+1.0 per attack damage) (+20% of ability power) physical damage and applies on-hit effects. If it strikes an enemy unit it reduces all of Ezreal's cooldowns by 1 second. Your main ability, it's nowadays on a low CD and a low mana cost at all levels.
Essence Flux (W) Ezreal fires a fluctuating wave of energy at a targeted area. Any enemy champions it passes through take 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+80% of ability power) magic damage, while any allied champions it travels through have their attack speed increased by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 % for 5 seconds. Don't spam it, it has a very high manacost.
Arcane Shift (E) Ezreal teleports to a target nearby location and fires a homing arrow at the nearest enemy unit dealing 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+75% of ability power) magic damage. A truly epic spell that will save you from certain death multiple times, if used wisely. Has a pretty long cooldown so only use it when you absolutely need it.
Trueshot Barrage (R) Ezreal channels for 1 second to fire a powerful barrage of energy missiles, which deal 350 / 500 / 650 (+1.0 per bonus attack damage) (+90% of ability power) magic damage to each enemy unit they pass through. However, it deals 8% less damage for each additional unit it hits (30% minimum damage). Useful ultimate, global. Remember to use in beginning of teamfights and not to ks kills.
Skill Sequence - Explained
- Mystic Shot (Q): Take it at level 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9. It deals the most damage of all your basic spells and applies on-hit effect for massive Life-Steal or damage via Sheen. It also reduces cooldowns while it still has a low cooldown.
- Essence Flux (W): I Take it at level 4 just to have it. Then I max it last and getting it at level 14, 15, 17, and 18. You can max this before Arcane Shift if you think that you'll benefit more from the Attack Speed buff rather than a short cooldown-damagedealing Flash.
- Arcane Shift (E): Your escape/damage spell. Take it at level 2 and max it second. You also get it at level 8, 10, 12, and maxing it at level 13. I max this before Essence Flux because of the increased damage and shortened cooldown.
- Trueshot Barrage (R): The ultimate skill of denial! As it's your ultimate you max it first and you ALWAYS get it at level 6, 11 and maxing it at level 16. This is really the definition of Ezreal.
Now you should be heading to bottom lane (or if you have a jungler that's getting ganked, go help him out), hopefully with a support. Early game you should really only be focusing on lasthitting and keeping your lane freezed (keeping the minion-wave just a little bit on your side, not to close to you tower though, so the tower doesn't eat up your minions.) This makes ganking your lane so much harder for the enemy jungler. You should really not push your lane and destroy the turret in the early game, like many others think.
My personal goals for farming is
- 80 Farms - 10:00
- 100 Farms - 15:00
- 150 Farms - 20:00
- 200 Farms - 30:00 (Now you should head up to fight teamfights and dragon, therefore you will most often lose some farms).
Keep farming and help out your team with Dragon and maybe even Baron. Ask your jungler for Red Buff, which is extremely powerful on AD Carries. Push ur turret/lane and go gank the other lanes. Don't push the waves to hard without wards when there are several enemies missing. Focus on getting you Trinity Force and start working on your The Bloodthirster, try to finish it before late game. At the later stage of mid game you should group up with your team and stay that way so you don't get ganked.
Group up with your team and get ready for a lot of teamfights and Baron Nashor. Buy Wards and ward the map for better vision, get pink ward at Baron Nashor. The most important thing as an AD Carry is to do the thing your team benefits the most from. So if you see that your team is losing a major teamfight, then back to defend creepwaves and such. You should have the highest damage output in your entire team and therefore your positioning is crucial. Remember to focus their highest damage threat that is available for you to reach, so even if you see their AD Carry in the back you shouldn't run over to kill him, because you will most probably die before you can kill him. So what I'm saying is that you should focus the closest high damage threat. This can be hard and will require some practice, but keep practicing and you will get it, that I can promise!
This is not complete yet and more information will be added from time to time.
From Oldest to Newest.
- Uploaded to MobaFire. Still doing the final things, checking grammar fixing colours and other small things. Also I'm planning a "gameplay"
- Made 4 entirely new builds, planning some other chapters and the layout of those, added runes, masteries and such.
- Build reached 2nd place with 88%! Thanks a lot guys for all your comments and votes it's thanks to you that this build can be as successful as this. Remade Starting items, planning "boots" chapter, Grammar BBCoding etc.
- 50 Votes! Thank you so much guys! And now I got 88%, only 2 percent lower than the top one!
- Reached 89%! But I got a downvote directly after that, but my record is now 89% :D
- Major Update! Remade the 4 builds to be more instructive in the cheat sheet, wrote item descriptions in "Item Choices", starting to work on "choice of boots". Prepare for a major update! Added new chapter "Ezreal's Match History".
- Reached 100.000 Views! Thank you so much guys for your interest in my guide. Made a slight change to the guide title, added more match histories, plus some small adjustments too.
- Reached 89% Votes! Also I made some changes, grammar, renewing the builds yet again, changing in the 2 item sections.
- Remade build, reupload and remake.
- Reached 2.000.000 (2 Million) Views! This is an incredibly milestone for me.
- Reached 3.000.000 (2 Million) Views!
As a summary I'd like to thanks the MobaFire community and all of my friends who supported me into making the build, and I strongly like anyone that votes/comments this build, both negatively or positively, as long as it's in a constructive meaning.
And my biggest thanks goes to JhoiJhoi who taught me everything I know about making guides and I learned it all from reading her guide Making a Guide. If you are new into making guides and would like to make your own, I REALLY recommend you to check this out.
Also tell me if you find any grammar-fails or a misspelling.
Miniguide: Mystical Shooting
By Gott der 7 Meere
Time for a True display of everything (Spanish)
Internet Explorer Ezreal
Ezreal - It's Over 9000! (AD Carry Build Guide)