Ezreal Build Guide by McDonaldsSuck
Ability Sequence + Notes
PS!!!!!!! Guide is under construction so please excuse me if the guide is looking like sh*t.
Greetings fellow MobaFire browsers! Welcome to my Ezreal build.
I'm Uncle Yordle[EUW] and I have a great interest in AD carries, so I decided to make a build about one of my favorites, Ezreal I hope you like it and if you do or don't, make sure to leave a comment and a voting, which helps me improve my guide :]
Let me tell you a little about myself. I'm a guy at the age of 16, I live in Sweden and eSports is a huge interest of mine. You can follow me at Twitch TV
IGN: Uncle Yordle.
So without further ado I present to you my fellow readers, my build! Let's cut to the chase and the second chapter: Pros & Cons.
Pros / Cons
+ Escape with Arcane Shift
+ Very good skillset
+ Team Steroid Essence Flux
+ Personal Steroid Rising Spell Force
+ Good Early, Mid and Late game damage
+ High Skillcap
- No Crowd-Control
- Difficult to master
- 3/4 Attacks are Skillshots
- Squishy like all ADs
- Highly focused
- Needs a lot of Gold
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Mana Regeneration
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Greater Quintessence of Life Steal
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: Easier to lasthit, harass, deal damage. Pretty necessary for any AD champion in my opinion.
- Greater Seal of Armor: For the laning phase, versus all champions that deal attack damage.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Mana Regeneration: Ezreal can be mana hungry, this should help.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Also for the laning phase mostly, versus the supports poke.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: Easier to lasthit, harass, deal damage. Pretty necessary for any AD champion in my opinion.
- Greater Quintessence of Life Steal: Great for sustaining in lane, so you can start Doran's Blade.
Of course you can change the runes how you'd like them, but this is MY opinion, and these are both solid runepages that's approved by professionals worldwide, use them, or change them.
Flash - Teleports your champion toward your cursor's location.
The ultimate "get away free card" that you can use just about every fourth minute to save your life, catch up, position in a team fight or just dodge a skill like Enchanted Crystal Arrow. This is one of the most used summoner spells if not the most, solely because it can be used both defensively and offensively.
Barrier - Shields your champion for 95 + (20 per level) for 2 seconds.
A very underestimated summoner spell, great versus bursty lanes like Graves & Taric. Can save you from death against for example Requiem or Trueshot Barrage. Activate this when the enemy toplaner jumps on you and wastes all his cooldowns, like Zed.
Exhaust - Exhausts target champion, reducing their Movement Speed by 40%, attack damage dealt by 70%, and ability and item damage dealt by 35% for 2.5 seconds.
Leave this to the support. because if the support goes Heal or Ignite, you WILL be healed for less when she uses it and she will more likely to end up with the kill if she has the Ignite. However Exhaust has the same effect even if she does it to an enemy, so that's why I only have Exhaust as viable and not recommended.
Ignite - Ignites target enemy unit, dealing 70-410 true damage over 5 seconds and reduces healing effects on the target for the duration.
Another great spell, good for taking down those armor/magic resist stacking tanks, since it deals true damage it ignores all armor and magic resist. If you use this in a 1vs1 the opponent won't notice it and well probably don't care to lose 300 hp without knowing it.
Heal - Restores 145-570 Health to your champion and 50% of that to nearby allies.
This spell can be used to save teammates, bait people to towerdive you at low level, survive spells like Requiem and such. I like this spell as it benefits your teammates aswell, it's can be used both defensively and offensively, this spell works great in 1vs1s or 1vs2s. But remember to use it early in the fight if you know that your opponent(s) has an Ignite.
Rising Spell Force (Innate) Hitting a target with any of Ezreal's abilities increases his attack speed by 10% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Thanks to this spell we can focus more on attack damage items instead of attack speed. This ability stacks up to 5 times. You gain 5 Stacks after casting Trueshot Barrage.
Mystic Shot (Q) Ezreal fires a bolt of energy that deals 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 (+1.0 per attack damage) (+20% of ability power) physical damage and applies on-hit effects. If it strikes an enemy unit it reduces all of Ezreal's cooldowns by 1 second. Your main ability, it's nowadays on a low CD and a low mana cost at all levels.
Essence Flux (W) Ezreal fires a fluctuating wave of energy at a targeted area. Any enemy champions it passes through take 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+80% of ability power) magic damage, while any allied champions it travels through have their attack speed increased by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 % for 5 seconds. Don't spam it, it has a very high manacost.
Arcane Shift (E) Ezreal teleports to a target nearby location and fires a homing arrow at the nearest enemy unit dealing 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+75% of ability power) magic damage. A truly epic spell that will save you from certain death multiple times, if used wisely. Has a pretty long cooldown so only use it when you absolutely need it.
Trueshot Barrage (R) Ezreal channels for 1 second to fire a powerful barrage of energy missiles, which deal 350 / 500 / 650 (+1.0 per bonus attack damage) (+90% of ability power) magic damage to each enemy unit they pass through. However, it deals 8% less damage for each additional unit it hits (30% minimum damage). Useful ultimate, global. Remember to use in beginning of teamfights and not to ks kills.
Skill Sequence - Explained
- Mystic Shot (Q): Take it at level 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9. It deals the most damage of all your basic spells and applies on-hit effect for massive Life-Steal or damage via Sheen. It also reduces cooldowns while it still has a low cooldown.
- Essence Flux (W): I Take it at level 4 just to have it. Then I max it last and getting it at level 14, 15, 17, and 18. You can max this before Arcane Shift if you think that you'll benefit more from the Attack Speed buff rather than a short cooldown-damagedealing Flash.
- Arcane Shift (E): Your escape/damage spell. Take it at level 2 and max it second. You also get it at level 8, 10, 12, and maxing it at level 13. I max this before Essence Flux because of the increased damage and shortened cooldown.
- Trueshot Barrage (R): The ultimate skill of denial! As it's your ultimate you max it first and you ALWAYS get it at level 6, 11 and maxing it at level 16.
As a summary I'd like to thanks the MobaFire community and all of my friends who supported me into making the build, and I strongly like anyone that votes/comments this build, both negatively or positively, as long as it's in a constructive meaning.
And my biggest thanks goes to JhoiJhoi who taught me everything I know about making guides and I learned it all from reading her guide Making a Guide. If you are new into making guides and would like to make your own, I REALLY recommend you to check this out.
Also tell me if you find any grammar-fails or a misspelling.