Fizz Build Guide by Sankat
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
The lonely champion lore
For years, Fizz wandered the ocean, using the skills he'd learned during his adventures as a young boy to survive. Finally, Fizz discovered the port of Bilgewater. He was fascinated with the existence of life above the water and could not resist exploring the island. In his endless curiosity, Fizz inadverently meddled in the affairs of the humans who lived there and his presence did not go unnoticed. His mischief angered many residents who eventually sought to capture or kill him. Fizz found himself cornered, and he prepared to return to the sea despite the fondness he'd come to hold for Bilgewater. As he stood at the docks, a massive dragon-shark attacked the port. Fizz defeated the beast, using his resourcefulness and knowledge of the creatures' weaknesses to his advantage. Having earned the gratitude and respect of the humans, Fizz decided to stay in Bilgewater. He joined the League of Legends to further serve his new home.
Pros and Cons...wait a minute...What cons?
+ Incredibly good early game
+ Great burst damage
+ Great initiator
+ You can not escape from fizz, no one can
+ You can dodge almost everything
- With this build you will have to be passive the first 3 levels
- Very item dependant
- Lacks range (You have a very good gapclose though)
- Your whole race is dead :foreveralone:
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Well Here we have an easy choise, what is better than a bit of AP at the beggining of the game? Yes! More AP! So we need three Greater Quintessence of Ability Power to increase our damage.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Okay, we have the AP, but our enemy has Magic Resistance, what can we do? Again you were right! We need to penetrate that Magic resist, our Greater Mark of Magic Penetration will help us with that.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: We will be going mostly mid so we will be facing many AP based champions, Personally I prefer starting with a Greater Glyph of Magic Resist. Although some people like getting an extra abilty power or some Cooldown reduction I think it is better to be a better more protected, especially if we face champions with heavy burst damage like we are. I like to combine this glyphs, with 4 Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist to get some Magic Resist per level also.
- Greater Seal of Armor: The enemy team wont we only based on AP champions, we need some armor also. So we are getting some armor form our Greater Seal of Armor to counter this.
Flash: With our Playful / Trickster most of the people will think, why do I need flash? Well, Playful / Trickster can not go through every wall, also If you are getting chased I would preffer to use our Playful / Trickster to evade an attack our get out of the enemy spell range. Also it is a great chasing tool, you can Flash and then Urchin Strike to get in range an escaping enemy and finish him.
Ignite: So, we are on the first minutes of the game and with our great early game damage we manage to get our lane opponent with almost no health, he starts running to his tower and all of our spells are con CD we can not tower dive at this level, we will die, what can we do? Ignite, Ignite and Ignite. Hopefully he will die.
Teleport: I do not like using this spell too much butsome people love the mobility Teleport gives. So this is your choice basically. Another very good Choice that I have not tested yet is Surge, but if you feel like trying it go ahead!
- Nimble Fighter: This passive allows fizz to ignore unit collition and take reduced damage from phyisical attacks. This is a great passive which lets you exchange hits at low level without being scare of minion aggro. Also you use it to escape from chasing opponents, just run through a minion wave, you will pass like them like if nothing happened and your enemies will have to avoid them.
- Urchin Strike (Q) Great initiator and escaping tool. This ability does a lot of damage early, mid and late game. this ability will always cover the same distance, so if you hit an opponent which is next to you with Urchin Strike you will get away from him. This is an awesome skill for juking also.
- Seastone Trident (W): This ability has two effects, your passive applies a posion which does small amounts of damage for each basic attack you make, When you activate it Fizz will deal magic damage with his attacks depending on the enemy missing health.
- Playful / Trcikster (E): Dodge, Escape, Chase! This skill does EVERYTHING you need. I think it is one of the most usefull skills in the game. It is a bit hard to master, in order to use this ability to the max you will need to activate it twice, one before jumping nad other one will in the air, this will make you jump further and became untargeatable for more time!
- Chum the water (R): A great ultimate for an awesome champion. With your shark you can slow enemies, initiate fights, finish opponents, catch up with them. Do not underestimate it`s damage, when maxed you literally make the most squishy opponents life bar dissapear when you combo it with Urchin Strike and Seastone Trident
As almost every champion in the league, your best skill is your ultimate, in this case a badass shark, max it whenever you can. After that it is just a matter of opinion, I personally prefer Urchin Strike over Seastone Trident and Playful / Trickster. Why? The burst damage of a high level Urchin Strike. a normal Seastone Trident and your Chum the Waters can burst down an enemy so quickly they wont even have the time to react.
: Ok, we have to melt our enemies down, but we need more AP as the game goes on and on. well, just buy a Rabadon's deathcap and melt everybody down
: The mana and AP from Sheen plus the MR of the Null-Magic Mantle and the AP from the Blasting Wand all combined in one item?!!?! Are we in heaven!?!?! An incredible item for fizz
: OK, so here we get plenty of HP thanks to the Giant's Belt and a decent amount of AP from the Amplifying Tome and Blasting Wand combo. A must have on fizz!
: A good Item if you can press the hotkey in middle of a battle and throw it, if you are not used to doing this and you have the gold just build a Banshee's Veil.
: If no one else in your team is building it get it! you will get lots of AP from the Blasting Wand and a good Magic resistance from the Negatron Cloak. Also it gives a great unique aura, You will reduce the MR of nearby enemy champions by 20 with a very good range (1000 range). Just ensure that you are the only one in your team building it. If someone else has already built it a Void Staff will do. Some people preffer a Void Staff over the Abyssal Scepter, If you are one of those people just build a Void Staff
- : An awesome Item, here we get some good armor from our Chain Vest and our Cloth Armor and a great Magic resist thank to the Null-Magic Mantle. Also it revives you when dead and it has a relatively short cooldown (5 minutes). Another must have.
End of the line!
I would like to give special thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome guide on how to make a guide!
To access the guide just click here.
See you later guys!