Cho'Gath Build Guide by The q p
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, this is my Cho'Gath build...
This build will show you in details how to use Cho'Gath to the max!
But before you dig further into my guide
you should know that Cho'Gath is in my opinion the most flexible champion in game.
First im gonna show you how to Solo top and later how to jungle.
Pros / cons
four points in Sorcery
one point in Archaic Knowledge
if you jungle, you swap your Deadliness for Smite
For marks i gor for Armor Pen, it will help you farm and kill squishes easier greater mark of desolation
for Seals i go for flat armor, it will make life easier top against ad's Greater Seal of Armor
For Glyph's i go for Magic Resist Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
For Quintessence's i go for flat healt, wich will get you real bulky early game Greater Quintessence of Health
|Flash , Flash is the best summoner spell in game, allows you to escape, and to use it to finnish someone off with your Feast||Teleport, by far the best choice if you are solo top||Smite only if you are jungle|
Ability Explanation + Ability Sequence
- Carnivore (passive) Whenever Cho'Gath kills a unit, he recovers 32 - 66 (+2.0 each level) health and 3.25-7.50 mana (+0.25 each level).
- Rupture Ruptures the ground at target location. After a short delay, enemies are launched into the air for 1 second, dealt 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 305 (+100% of ability power) magic damage, and have their movement speed slowed by 60% for 3 seconds.
- Feral Scream Cho'Gath screams in a cone in front of him, silencing enemies for 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 second(s) and causing 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+70% of ability power) magic damage.
- Vorpal Spikes Toggle: Cho'gath's physical attacks launch spikes which deal 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 (+30% of ability power) magic damage to a line in front of him.
- Feast Devours an enemy unit, dealing 300 / 475 / 650 (+0.7 per ability power) true damage (1,000 to minions) that ignores armor and magic resist. If the target is killed, Cho'Gath grows, gaining extra health (max 6 stacks). Cho'Gath loses half his stacks (rounded up) upon death.
For masteries i take the same, and for runes a little AP wont hurt :P
here is the jungle route
- Gank or blue, or red
I use pretty much the same build.
if your solo top you should buy regrowth pendent and one healt potion, if your duo laning, you should buy a dorang's ring
FIRST TRIP HOME
you should have enough money to buy philopher's stone and Heart of Gold if not, buy boots instead.
- Mercury's Treads the best boots for Cho'Gath in my opinion, because of the MR and the Tenacety
- Berserker's Greaves Bad boots overall, a bad choice to almost any champion.
- Boots of Swiftness may be good, if you are doing good
- Ninja Tabi Great Boots if you are playing against a heavy ad team
- Boots of Mobility not the best choice in my opinion...
I just wanna say that there is not core items for any tank
Items and why
Tanks should not have a core build, they should always build on what the enemy team is.
you have to try this if you are getting fed at begining :D
This was my guide on Cho'Gath