Build Guide by AnIh
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello all , first of all this is a build not an in-depth-guide , i just give my personnal way to build irelia .
Im not native english speaker so my apologies for the far-from-perfect language .
I pick the important defensive masteries suck as increased hp that are very helpful since the base hp nerf , improved cleanse life regen and dmg reduction .
In offense i pick the increased attack speed and the more important the 6 arp , if you want to swap the CDR for AS feel free to do so .
In utility i just pick improved ghost , i dont feel that improved experience is that needed unless you are jungling .
I try to max Hiten Style as much as i can for both healing and true damage that give a great increase in your overall damage output , after that your Equilibrium Strike for increased slow/stun duration and damage , Transcendent Blades whenever you can and Bladesurge last (more points in this skill is really not a great increase) .
Note : Irelia is not that good for lvl 1-2 fight , but if your are looking for lvl 1 fight (or forced by jungle invasion) pick Equilibrium Strike first and Bladesurge at lvl 2 .
First , Ghost is MANDATORY , you can't play irelia whitout ghost , its great for ganking (even more needed if you jungle) , closing distance for Bladesurge , and its your only way to escape a fight .
For second summoner spell , Cleanse is a great choice to avoid many CC's and your only answer (with Quicksilver Sash) to teemo Blinding Dart !
You can swap it for Exhaust but then you will be hardly afected by cc , Flash is also an option for same purpose as Ghost.
Ok for this part a general tip : NEVER , NEVER follow an item build for all your games mindlessly , you NEED to think about the items you will get , what do you need the most at this moment and pick the right item , its just an example and more a list of options (thats why there is many items) .
Starting items :
I feel like a Doran's Shield is the way to go , if you want to build a wriggle's lanter start with Cloth Armor and health pots .
Main items :
Youmuu's Ghostblade : a really nice item , will provide you the AS you lack and some epic ARP&CDR , build an early brutalizer and finish it later for maximal efficiency .
Trinity Force : this is your main DPS item for this build , IT DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO RUSH IT , you can find yourself finished this item very late , its not a problem take Sheen first and dont be afraid to stick with it only for a long time .
About the order , i usually pick phage before zeal feel free to take zeal first if you prefer attack/movement speed :)
Mercury's Treads : you will mainly use this boots for the reduced CC duration (multiplicative with passive , making cc duration ~65% lower) , but if there is low cc in enemy team or cc not affected by it (teemo blind , malzahar/ww ultimate for example) you can use Ionian Boots of Lucidity instead , reaching your cdr to 40% .
I upgraded boots after spirit visage , you can choose to upgrade it earlier if you feel you need more movement speed , always adapt your item build !
Spirit Visage : this items is amazing because it give you all you need for cheap : health magic resist increased healing and as bonus , cdr .
I will not recommand to skip Spirit Visage againts physical team because the health/cdr/increased healing remain really good in this situation , an almost mandatory item for irelia :)
Situational items :
- Hexdrinker : this item is REALLY nice if you face magic damage dealer (not only mage , but even melee champ with magic damage like Poppy etc even Garen it can save you from his ultimate (i dont say to pick it when you see garen , just to say its useful againts many champs)) .
you can compare it to say B.F. sword , for almost the same amout of gold you gain 30 mr and a very nice shield for the cost of only 15 AD , very cost effective :)
it have 2 more pros : it's made with cheap and useful components and it give BOTH damage and survivability , sometimes you feel sad to get def. items early because then you have bad damage , this item give both so its a really nice early game item !
- Executioner's Calling : pick this item if your team have no ignite and you face a heal based champion like Dr. Mundo or Swain .
- Quicksilver Sash : a really nice MR item , i personaly prefer it over banshee since you have enought life/mana in this build with others items and it have a much better mr/cost ratio than banshee .
but the really nice aspect of this item is the active , it cleanse ALL debuffs from you so its basicly a purge whitout the cc duration reduction BUT removing more debuffs , for example it get you out of malzahar and ww ulti but it also remove debuffs like vlad and morde ulti , so if your focused by this champions or laning againts them get this item it will make you really hard to kill for them :)
Late-game items :
- Zeke's Harbinger : a good dps item , take it if nobody made it before :)
- Atma's Impaler : its a great choice if you want both survivability and damage for end game .
- The Black Cleaver : it will boost all your team damage on your target and give you really nice boost on your auto attack and Bladesurge .
- Madred's Bloodrazor : enemy team have all a lot of health and/or low magic resist? pick this item , the problem with this item is his price , really expensive but provide a nice damage boost end game
- Guardian Angel : you already have great damage output but enemy team take you down first all the time (for example , your fed !) and you feel that a "second life" will help taking down low life survivors ? pick this item , a bit expensive but useful in that particular situation .