Gangplank Build Guide by AstralD
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, my Summoner name is AstralD. Since i first saw Gangplank i knew he was a right champion for me. I love Pirates, playing Pirates when i was a little kid, watching One Piece etc. Why do i like Gangplank? Because he does alot of damage, tanks the whole enemy team, has a free Cleanse (sorry Warwick) and gets out of the fight alive. Has a great ganking potential with his Q, E and R. Do i need to say more? I don't think so, so let's move on.
Pros (+) / Cons (-)
+ High burst damage
+ Free buff for allies Raise Morale
+ Global Ultimate Cannon Barrage
+ Free Cleanse + Heal Remove Scurvy
+ Passive is like a Red Buff Grog Soaked Blade
- Squishy early game
- A bit mana hungry early game
Summoner Spells you should take:
Very usefull for escaping... 'Nuff said just pick it. :D
Well you're Jungler, so i think this is obvious... Right?
If there is no Exhaust in you're team, pick it.
Summoner Spells you shouldn't take:
You already have Flash and you're Raise Morale so this is really not needed.
You have you're Remove Scurvy
Not needed, this is for Solo Top or Mid players.
You are a bit mana hungry in early game bu't this is just useless. NO.
You're Solo Top or Mid will have this.
You have Remove Scurvy
I don't see a reason why would you pick this.
Support has it.
- Gangplank's basic attacks apply a poison debuff for 3 seconds that can stack up to 3 times. Each stack deals 3 + (1 × level) magic damage per second and slows the target by 7%.
It's like a Red Buff. Great for chasing enemies.
- Gangplank shoots a target enemy with his pistol, dealing physical damage. If it kills it, he gains extra gold. This ability can critically strike and applies on-hit effects, including his passive.
Cooldown 5 seconds
Cost 50/55/60/65/70 mana
Great for getting more gold from you're jungle creeps and chasing enemies.
- Consumes a large quantity of citrus fruit which clears any crowd control effects on him and heals him for 80/150/220/290/360 (+100% of ability power) health.
Cooldown 22/21/20/19/18 seconds
Cost 65 mana
Cleanse + Heal
- Passive: Gangplank gains 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 Attack Damage and 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 % Movement Speed.
Active: Gangplank fires his pistol into the air, disabling his passive boost but increasing his Attack Damage by 12 / 19 / 26 / 33 / 40 and Movement Speed by 8 / 11 / 14 / 17 / 20% and nearby allied champions' Attack Damage and Movement Speed by half that amount for 7 seconds.
Cooldown 25 seconds
Cost 50/55/60/65/70 mana
Radius of AoE: 1200
Excellent movement speed and AD Damage bonus. Good for escaping (or helping you're ally escape) and chasing enemies.
- Gangplank signals his ship to fire cannonballs upon target area for 7 seconds. 25 cannonballs will drop over the duration and each dealing 75/120/165 (+20% of ability power) magic damage to all enemies hit. Enemies in the area of this ability are slowed by 25% for 1.25 seconds with the duration refreshing if one stays in the area.
Cost: 100 mana
Radius of Target AoE: 575
Radius of Cannonball AoE: 275
Sight Radius: 600 (estimate)
Risky ultimate. Sometimes it hits and sometimes it doesen't do any damage to the enemy. Great abillity for defending you're turret, slowing down enemies and doing damage to them (if you get lucky)
MUST BUY ITEMS:
- 30 Armor, 23 Attack Damage, 12 Life Steal. UNIQUE Passive: 20% chance on attack to deal 425 magic damage to a minion/monster. UNIQUE Active: Places a sight ward with 600 cast range. 3 minute cooldown.
Total Price: 1600
- 920 Health, 30 Health Regeneration. Passive: Permanently gain 3.5 health and 0.10 health regen per 5 sec per minion kill. Champion kills and assists grant 35 health and 1 health Regen per 5 sec. Bonuses cap at +350 health, and +10 health Regen per 5.
Total Price: 3000
- 45 Armor, 18 Critical Strike Chance. UNIQUE Passive: Physical attacks deal an additional 2% of your max Health in damage.
Total Price: 2355
Against Heavy CC team:
- 25 Magic Resistance. UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 2 Tenacity: 35
Total Price: 1200
Against Heavy AD team:
- 25 Armor. UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 2 , Reduces the damage taken from non-turret basic attacks by 10%
Total Price: 850
(If you're doing well) - 60 Attack Damage, 12 Life Steal. Passive: Gain an additional 1 Physical Damage and 0.2% Lifesteal per kill. Maximum of +40 Damage and 8% Lifesteal. Bonuses are halved upon death.
Total Price: 3000
(If you can't catch you're enemies) - 20 Attack Damage, 700 Health. UNIQUE Passive: Physical attacks reduce your target's Movement Speed by 40% for 2.5 seconds. (30% for ranged attacks)
Total Price: 3250
(If their AP Carry REALLY hurts you) - 40 Health Regeneration, 76 Magic Resistance, 8 Movement Speed Multiplier. UNIQUE Passive: Restores 0.35% of your champion's maximum health every second.
Total Price: 2610
(If their AD Carry REALLY hurts you) - 99 Armor, 500 Mana. UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 20% and reduces the attack speed of nearby enemies by 20%. (1000 range)
Total Price: 2775
(If their AD champions do ALOT of damage to you) - 100 Armor. UNIQUE Passive: On being hit by standard attacks, returns 30% of damage taken before armor as magic damage. A minimum of 15 damage must be received.
Total Price: 2000
(If you are against fed AP Carry like Karthus, Vladimir etc.) - 375 Health, 50 Magic Resistance, 375 Mana. UNIQUE Passive: Blocks one negative spell every 45 seconds.
Total Price: 2715
(Look above) - 55 Attack Damage, 36 Magic Resistance. UNIQUE Passive: +1 Attack Damage for every 2.5% health missing. If you would take magic damage which would leave you at less than 30% of your maximum health, you gain a shield which absorbs 400 magic damage for 5 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
Total Price: 3300
Who am i?
I am 1600+ EUNE player known by Summoner Name AstralD.
All games where i played Gangplank Jungle were around 1500 - 1600 ELO.
You're ready to roam the seas!
You're now prepared to roam the seas of Summoner's Rift. I hope you enjoyed this guide. :)
Gangplank - The Pirate King
How to Play Gangplank the Way HE Wants to be Played
GANGPLANK SMITE TP NOSCOPE 360 PARRRLEY MLG BAUS 420 guide
Gangplank dominion OP!