Nidalee Build Guide by Freckle Belly
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
|// Hello, this is Freckle Belly. I made this guide to show how i usually play Nidalee.
I find that this way to build Nidalee makes her much more useful late game and in teamfights. Nidalee is a high mobility champion with high burst potential. With low cooldowns and large amounts of damage you are a real threat in a game. The main goal in this build is to get armor, attack damage, and mana. You don't have to directly build ability power because you get it from your mana using Archangel's Staff / Seraph's Embrace.
Pros / Cons
Pros / Cons
+ High Mobility
+ Hard to build against since she's hybrid
+ Good escape abilitiy
+ Good Teamfight presence
+ Can be bursty
+ Low Cooldowns
- Weak early game
- No prescence before level 6
- Less poke than AP Nidalee
- Weaker out of cougar form
[nextcol]// With all builds you require to farm, but this build for Nidalee is very farm dependent. This is one of the priciest builds I use so farming is essential. Luckily, hybrid Nidalee is quite easy to farm with. Last hitting before level 6 should not be too difficult considering your running and AD heavy rune page. Focus mostly on last hitting instead of harass like AP Nidalee does since your poke isn't strong now. After level 6 farming becomes a breeze with your AoE Swipe and Pounce, also finish of the cannon minions with your Takedown to assure you get the last hit. Don't be afraid to spam these because cougar form uses no mana. Past level 6 you can harass more, try to stay in cougar form and Pounce in an out of the brush.
[nextcol]// Hybridalee has an above average mid game. I wouldn't say it's great but it's not bad. Mid game is when you start to rack up some AP allowing you to strike fear with your spear. At this time you should try to push down and destroy your laning opponent's tower, then go and roam. Nidalee has great roam using Pounce to traverse the map using special Nidalee jumps spots. You can be quite aggressive with Nidalee since you can 1 v 1 averagely and escape quickly. Go back to your lane once in a while to farm up so you're not as far behind.
|// In teamfights your job is to get the ADC out of the fight. By this time you should have a good balance of AD and AP allowing you to do quite a bit of damage. Using your Pounce you can maneuver to a position to take out the ADC with Javelin Toss before getting into the fight. You should be the 3rd one entering the fight laying down some poke before jumping into Aspect Of The Cougar. Pounce into the fight and use your Swipe and then your Takedown on the most squishy champion. By this time you can jump out of cougar form and heal up your team while still throwing out damage. Hopefully you can win the fight and catch any stragglers by PROCing your passive Prowl with bushes.|
Teleport: // Teleport allows Nidalee to have access to the map much quicker. This can be used to gank other lanes, get back to your lane, or do what Nidalee does best. Splitpush.
Flash: // I almost always take this on Nidalee. Even though you have a escape ability it's quite easy to fail a Takedown over a wall. Take this just in case.
Ignite: // If you do not plan on splitpushing or have a hard opponent to lane against take ignite. In 1 v 1 situations this can help bring down those annoying tanks/bruisers. Dealing true damage along with your attacks helps you win the fights; however, this reduces your global prescence.
- Prowl: // Moving through brush increases Nidalee movement speed by 15%. The buff lasts for an additional 2 seconds after leaving brush.
- Javelin Toss (Q): // ACTIVE: Nidalee tosses her javelin, dealing magic damage on impact that increases depending on the distance between Nidalee and the target at the time it is hit. The multiplier caps at 2.5.
- Takedown (Q): // ACTIVE: Nidalee next attack will be enhanced to deal additional physical damage that is increased by a multiplier equal to twice the target's missing health percentage.
- Bushwhack (W): // ACTIVE: Nidalee lays a trap that deals magic damage over 2 seconds when sprung by an enemy, revealing them and reducing their armor and magic resistance for 12 seconds. Traps last for 4 minutes.
- Pounce (W): // ACTIVE: Nidalee lunges forward, dealing magic damage to enemies around her landing area.
- Primal Surge (E): // ACTIVE Nidalee heals an allied champion or her self and grants them bonus attack speed for 7 seconds.
- Swipe (E): // ACTIVE: Nidalee claws at enemies in a cone in front of her, dealing magic damage.
- Aspect of the Cougar (R): // TOGGLE: Nidalee transforms herself into a cougar, gaining a new set of abilities, bonus armor, magic resistance and 20 movement speed. Nidalee loses 400 range while using this ability (effective range of 125).