Ziggs Build Guide by roxburgh
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Aw ****, this furry little bastard. For eons I wandered the game of LoL waiting for such a champ to appear. My friends and family grabbed their mains with both hands and rode them to victory, while I coasted across champs I was ok with...
then Ziggs showed up and blew my mind. No pun intended. Check this shizzy out!
If you want endless fun, explosions, sex and explosions then look no further. here is your messiah.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
build still in maintenance
Pros / Cons
+ huge, eldrich abominational damage
+ every spell is AoE
+ endless praise will be had when you easily pentakill
+ easy pentakill!
+ that stupid grin...
+ a chaotic ult that can range across half the map? Me gusta
- This Prick is squishy
- Early Mana issues
- Will be accused of kill stealing... accused...
- Mega Inferno Bomb can be very temperamental when a long distance is involved
- requires some skillage, not exactly a pick up and play sort of champ
A relatively standard mastery page, I use this on essentially every mage if I intend to carry, which is most of them.
Any tweakings should be fine, but I wouldn't recommend changing anything in the offense tree. Stuff the utility tree up the wazoo if you wish it, keeping in mind Ziggs has some serious early mana issues.
- Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power:
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration:
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power:
- Greater Seal of Scaling Ability Power:
The runes are simple, you want AP and damage no matter what. You can play completely defensive and still get a nice amount of AP, play offensive and people will marvel at how much damage you do.
There is also a little bit of magic pen, it works surprisingly well early game.
It would also be possible to substitute a set of Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power with Greater Glyph of Mana, greater glyph of Replenishment, or greater glyph of Knowledge if mana is still an issue.
Flashas everyone knows, it's a must have. If you are particularly skilled at timing this with a well placed Satchel Charge you can become more bouncy than an Ezreal on Red Bull
ClarityWell look! Here's a simple solution to cure mana problems! considering 80% of your fights will be teamfights, I find this spell to be incredibly helpful even lategame, when spamming is a consistent factor
IgniteA good simple true damage will bit of hurty. Like Flash, it's good on almost any champ, but I personally prefer the ability to spam bombs more than an additional DoT
TeleportLove moving around the map? Oh look an easy farm! Mind you the hard part would be deciding if you want this above the other options; and thanks to an ult with such fantastic range I give this lil' bastard a miss
- Short Fuse (Passive): Every 12 seconds, Ziggs' next basic attack deals 13 + (7 x level) (+35% of ability power) bonus magic damage. This cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds whenever Ziggs uses an ability.
this is used almost as another free spell, with the only downside being that it's not AoE. Wait? What's this? It works on towers? Goodbye sadness forever!
- Bouncing Bomb (Q): Ziggs throws a bouncing bomb that deals magic damage.
More than just a poke, this is a kinghit. While it's difficult to get used to its 'bouncing' mechanic, you can use this to your advantage. bouncing through minions or bouncing INTO minions to create an explosion big enough to hit the champ behind it... Very VERY useful, particularly thanks to such a small cooldown. The hardest part to calculate with the bouncing bomb is the further the initial throw, the further each additional bounce is.
- Satchel Charge (W): Ziggs flings an explosive charge that detonates after 4 seconds, or when this ability is activated again. The explosion deals magic damage to enemies, knocking them away. Ziggs is also knocked away, but takes no damage.
Probably the hardest ability to use: This can be used for damage, for positioning, for zoning, for escapes, for ganks... and as previously mentioned flashing onto a thrown Satchel Charge can send you flying, even over a couple of walls each time!
- Hexplosive Minefield (E): Ziggs scatters 11 proximity mines in a circular area nearby. Each will detonate on enemy contact, dealing magic damage and slowing them for 1.5 seconds. Enemies who have already hit a mine will take 40% damage from additional mines. The mines are visible to all players and last for 10 seconds.
Perfect for zoning early and even better for damage later on. Being a large area you can force others to run into it with ease, only to have them realize "My health?! Where did it go?!"
- Mega Inferno Bomb (Ultimate) (R): Ziggs deploys his ultimate creation, the Mega Inferno Bomb, hurling it an enormous distance, Enemies in the primary blast zone take more damage than those further away.
This ability does have a ground indicator much like Pantheon's ult, but all it does is add fear to the faces of your victims. At max Range timing is essential, taking between 3-4 seconds for impact, but do it within the area of the screen and it'll only give them time to yell "Oh F-" before their green bars turn red. The most difficult part is that the little section in the center of the Bomb does significantly more damage, while it's only a little bigger than a Noxious Trap, so keep that in mind.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here's the real reason anybody reads these lengthy SOB's
: Doran's Ring work for all of the everythings forever, and this is particularly True for [Ziggs]. The AP, the health, the mana, she's got it all.
: If you have some sort of burning hatred for delicious Magic Pen, then perhaps Boots of Ludicity would be better suited
: This is he, the hat which ends all hats. Better be Griffon door or whatever... An early hat is a tasty tasty mistress, but is also a costly one. It could be worth postponing if you are forced to play defensively, exchanging perhaps for a Rylai's Crystal Scepter. Speaking of which...
: This and Rod of Ages are on almost every Champ for good reason. The slow for better skillshots, especially being AoE. The extra Health so you're not so squishy. Hell why not add some damage up in here? Delicious!
: Now that we have some nice health, let's keep us up and active with some spell vamp for you and your friendos, not forgetting to get an Hextech Revolver before Rylai's Crystal Scepter.
: Surprisingly very VERY effective. Why? Simple. It stacks with Short Fuse, and once again can damage the tower. Thanks to this, spacing out spells and auto attacks ever so slightly will keep up the consistantly hellish damage without ever worrying about cooldowns.
- : Really the last item is always situational... A Banshee's Veil if you need that little bit extra defense. Abyssal Scepter If you want some more damage and need a little Magic Resist. Zhonya's Hourglass if you are being focused, and/or the opponent is AD heavy. A classic, if you can't decide, I like to decide with a Void Staff
BUT ROXBURGH, ALL MA FRANDS TELL ME TOO YOOS OTHER ATEMS
wow that was painful to type...
You may be an idiot, but your friends might not be. Observe.
While already several other options have been noted and put down, here are a few options that should really be avoided
: It's simple, it's easy, it's cheap, and it lets you spam more AND it gives you mana regen. What's not to like? The sacrifice. Particularly in the case of the Lich Bane you wont go all Ryze on people and spam the keyboard in MOST cases (it still may happen). Trade out Rylai's Crystal Scepter or Will of the Ancients and you simply leave yourself too vulnerable.
: Almost the exact same case with the tome, but this one packs a little more oomph. For the same reasons mentioned before, it's just not worth swapping out anything else. WITH A SINGLE EXCEPTION!
5 Cho'Gath's or so. and you're all squishee. and they just broke 5k health each.
Or something like that
: I myself squandered and wandered about this item, but I'm afraid in the end that bang is just not worth the buck. Have fun with spam sir spamalots, and get some mana. Yay. And a little AP. Double yay. NO. WRONG. STOPIT. Ziggs is no spambot, and while he does so his moves frequently, it really isn't worth having to buy an early tear, and extra rod and hell another k above that PARTICULARLY when you're saving up to do some damage
AND AM BUT YOU SAID OTHERS WAS OK BEFORE. WITH THE ROD OF LONG TIME AND HOURGLASSES AND STUFFF
Clearly I'll have to explain this a tad more in detail
Past here you can get a little more flexible, but keep in mind it's traditionally better to stick with the previous build.
You've played, you keep running out of health and mana, and you really don't mind sacrificing Gods gift to damage? Really? Suit yourself... be sure to get a Catalyst the Protector before your Needlessly Large Rod then.
The Same deal with the Rod of Ages, but only if you feel that ouch my everything always, withe enemy team having a particular focus of AP or On-hit (eg. Nidalee, Teemo, Warwick, Amumu, etc).
You've discovered you're the AP carry. Congratulations. The enemy team giving you a hard time because of their Stupid AP and burst damage? Pop this in your mouth instead of a Void Staff and watch as their tears flow freely.
Same deal with the Abyssal Scepter but replace AP with AD, and don't forget the active that will make King Midas give you a little surprise from behind... In other words turning bright gold and completely invincible. Also a good option if say... a Karthus is fed on the enemy team. See a stream of what appears to be period blood above your head? Are you going to die? Nope. Chuck Testa.
Teamwork and your role in it
You're pro enough to take on a team, we both know it... but teamwork gives the enemy someone else to hit; which is always a bonus. The general rule of thumb to follow it Bouncing Bomb to harass, alongside Short Fuse]}. [[Hexplosive Minefield for zoning or damage. Satchel Charge for pushing the enemy or escaping, and Mega Inferno Bomb to finish off scraglers or to explode the living hell out of a teamfight.
The #1 Rule, above everything else, is to keep moving. A still Ziggs is a dead Ziggs
more to be added soon
My God. I mean really. A single Bouncing Bomb can wipe out 3 caster minions by level 7. Throw in Hexplosive Minefield and aim the bouncy at the whole group and goodby minion wave.
By Level 11 you should be able to throw your Bouncing Bomb and Hexplosive Minefield over the wall towards the Wraiths for easy money.
More than likely this is the closes thing you will get to a spam, unless you freak out because Akali just oh god why is she phhhhhhhhhh and you everything on top of yourself. Which does work.
Sexy Secrets and Tantelising Tricks
Short Fuse (Passive):
- After about a three-spell-spam short fuse will be ready, or two spells if there's a little gap between them.
- an auto attack with Short Fusejust before a Bouncing Bomb can yield surprisingly large damage even at low levels.
- even when silenced, short fuse stays active. SURPRISE THE ENEMY WITH YOUR EXPLOSIVE POWER
- Bouncing Bomb can have surprisingly large range when used at the very edge of its range.
- If throwing a bomb in front of the enemy tower just to the left or right, it's possible to harass the enemy from outside the tower range EVEN WHEN THE COWARDS HIDE BEHIND THEIR PRECIOUS TOWER
- When throwing a bomb during the laning phase, focus on trying to hit the enemy NOT with the center of the bomb, but to its edge. This is particularly important because it will allow you to farm and harass simultaneously! like some sort of monster machine!
- Use this mainly as an escape, not unlike a flash. throwing this over a wall, flashing onto it, then activating it is a 90% perfect escape but it's hard to pull off.
- Ff you need someone to just hold up for a tad, activating it just after throwing it on someone will still stun them for about 1/2 a second, which can be all it takes sometimes...
- The satchel can give vision, throw it into a bush, laugh at them.
- It is a perfect size to block off exits or entrances when pushing a tower, as long as you keep an eye on it so you can activate it at the right time.
- Early game, use this to zone the enemy, they don't want to go through all them mines! It could hurt!
- Mid Game is when it starts becoming a damaging item, and throwing it directly on top of an enemy or minion wave can start to yield some tasty damage, and don't forget it slows!
- Late Game is when you use this for everything: zoning, damaging, general CC, and is a perfect size to block off exits or entrances when pushing a tower (Just like Satchel Charge).
Mega Inferno Bomb:
- On the offchance of an instant spam, throwing in the big bomb with everything else can mask the indicator .
- it doesn't take long for it to wipe a minion wave, so its perfect to stop the enemy pushing a tower and you're about half the map away.
- Ideal for initiating in a teamfight when it's all mid throwing in pokes, because either the enemy scatters and becomes disorganized, or they take uncontrollable damage.
This champ is fun. Very Fun.
This is how you Ziggs.
Upvote if it helps in someway, anyway.
Please for the love of ****butt, tell me if there is anything I can improve on to make this guide the best guide it can guide guide.