Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 2 of 431
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 7:23pm | Report
Reason for Yasuo not being higher?
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 7:27pm | Report
I still want to know why Alistar's good again :< Is it the fact that his peel and inbuilt Cleanse+tank ult makes him good against the 2 best tank supports?

Not sure if I agree with Tryn in tier 3 either, I may be biased but hell you have Garen tier 2, and I see him lose to almost everyone above him and even half the champs below him. Perseverance mastery got nerfed, D shield is about to be nerfed which will be a good thing for Tryn against his typical competitors. I'm not just pulling theory out of my *** either, there've been quite a few games I've watched of high elo players just not suited to deal with splitpushing completely falling apart against him.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 7:32pm | Report

I still want to know why Alistar's good again :< Is it the fact that his peel and inbuilt Cleanse+tank ult makes him good against the 2 best tank supports?

Not sure if related, but since about a month ago people figured out you can flash mid- Pulverize to get an effectively instant targeted AoE knockup/stun, allowing him to dive the backline if anybody walks into range for Headbutt. With Headbutt- Pulverize- Flash you have a more reliable and longer-range AoE initiation than Leona and your ult allows you to survive the dive-in (on a pretty damn long cooldown, however).
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 7:35pm | Report
Slappiz wrote:

Wow dude, you have never played janna :O

assuming you don't use ult to sustain.

gl poking vs an annie, thresh, lulu, karma, nami, zyra, or sona. can argue shes better than taric but thats about it.

if you are gonna make biased comments at least defend them.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 7:35pm | Report

Reason for Yasuo not being higher?

has problems in lane and needs a comp to be built around him
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 7:38pm | Report

Not sure if I agree with Tryn in tier 3 either, I may be biased but hell you have Garen tier 2, and I see him lose to almost everyone above him and even half the champs below him. Perseverance mastery got nerfed, D shield is about to be nerfed which will be a good thing for Tryn against his typical competitors. I'm not just pulling theory out of my *** either, there've been quite a few games I've watched of high elo players just not suited to deal with splitpushing completely falling apart against him.

i never felt alistar was bad so idk about "again." his cc is killer and hes a very good frontliner to complement tanks as a support. his laning is hit or miss but that isnt a huge problem.

tryndamere suffers from pretty much only ever being useful as a counterpick and having awful teamfight capabilities. splitpush is nice but its very hit or miss. garen scales amazingly with items and has a very very strong ult. his lane phase is overrated but it isnt awful either.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 7:47pm | Report

assuming you don't use ult to sustain.

gl poking vs an annie, thresh, lulu, karma, nami, zyra, or sona. can argue shes better than taric but thats about it.

if you are gonna make biased comments at least defend them.

Who needs poke when you can shield all incoming poke from enemy team. Just keep your Adc safe during early laning phase and let them farm or let them do the poke. Disengage all type of threats or even bait kills if playing Janna with barrier (it's awesome even tough someone always think im troll in chat before i prove them wrong).
Janna can easily interrupt most gapclosing junglers with her whirlwind and can easily shut down a Le Blanc, Shyvana, Zac etc. in team fights. Her ulti can keep several team members alive during team fights and she probably has the best disengage/sustained support ulti in game.
Good Janna players carry team fights.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 7:51pm | Report
Slappiz wrote:

Who needs poke when you can shield all incoming poke from enemy team. Just keep your Adc safe during early laning phase and let them farm or let them do the poke. Disengage all type of threats or even bait kills if playing Janna with barrier (it's awesome even tough someone always think im troll in chat before i prove them wrong).
Janna can easily interrupt most gapclosing junglers with her whirlwind and can easily shut down a Le Blanc, Shyvana, Zac etc. in team fights. Her ulti can keep several team members alive during laning phase and she probably has the best disengage/sustained support ulti in game.
Good Janna players carry team fights.

Not gonna shield all the poke, the pressure from the most common adcs + supports is too much. A solo adc has serious problems 1v2 poking, even with janna shield. Barrier janna means you have no exhaust for lategame, or any offensive presence in lane with ignite. its a completely selfish summoner spell as a SUPPORT.

using the good (insert champ here) argument is irrelevant, i can just as easily say a "good" annie wins every single teamfight with amazing engagements or a good thresh lands everything. thresh flay/hook/box and leona annie stuns or a bunch of cc from champions above janna accomplish the same engage denies.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 7:59pm | Report
When I use barrier on Janna it often results in our team winning the lane due to my baits and tanking for my ADC. Who cares if it's selfish? Janna got 4 unselfish skills.
I use barrier to win and that's what I'm doing. Putting myself slightly out of position to make the enemy think that they got a fair engage on me (Leona players always fall for this trick), they often smoke a ulti or two just to get a fast kill but fails due to my barrier. Now my adc got full health and I can safely support behind him with shields, cc and heal if needed and in 80% of the time we get a good amount a poke on them or even a kill.

A wise man once said: Don't disrespect the Janna !
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 8:06pm | Report
Slappiz wrote:

When I use barrier on Janna it often results in our team winning the lane due to my baits and tanking for my ADC. Who cares if it's selfish? Janna got 4 unselfish skills.
I use barrier to win and that's what I'm doing. Putting myself slightly out of position to make the enemy think that they got a fair engage on me (Leona players always fall for this trick), they often smoke a ulti or two just to get a fast kill but fails due to my barrier. Now my adc got full health and I can safely support behind him with shields, cc and heal if needed and in 80% of the time we get a good amount a poke on them or even a kill.

A wise man once said: Don't disrespect the Janna !

everything about barrier is assuming you will steamroll bads who get baited by it. i can easily say ill run exhaust instead of flash and just kill the enemy top over and over!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide