Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

A Flash Free Season Three!

Creator: GrandmasterD October 28, 2012 10:15pm
Flash is a broken spell and just an excuse to make bad plays/decisions!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 4:57pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

try looking at it from a practicality stand point, no one is ever going to use galio if he can't initiate with a flash+ult.

That either means that Galio would deserve a little buff then or his ult shouldn't be regarded as an initiate.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 5:37pm | Report

That either means that Galio would deserve a little buff then or his ult shouldn't be regarded as an initiate.

congratulations, Galio is no longer a competitive pick
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 5:50pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

congratulations, Galio is no longer a competitive pick

******** and you know it.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 5:55pm | Report
"HOLD FAST MEN, I WILL INITIATE WITH Ghost+ Idol of Durand; steady, steady, CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *speeds into the lane to land his ultimate and misses because everyone pops their ghost too and easily avoids him* "Well men, I shall retire now for having failed you, let Malphite take my place". *cue a deeply saddening set of chords, end scene*
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 6:16pm | Report

******** and you know it.

give a reason he would be competitive without flash

im calling ******** on you

still waiting for a valid response to the idea that a number of champions rely on flash for competitive viability....18 pages and counting
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 6:22pm | Report
I don't understand. He seems to be just denying every argument without anything to back up his denials. Cuz that's what it is. It's just denial.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 6:54pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

give a reason he would be competitive without flash

im calling ******** on you

still waiting for a valid response to the idea that a number of champions rely on flash for competitive viability....18 pages and counting

Galio's ultimate does usually a lot better as follow up on an Unstoppable Force or Curse of the Sad Mummy; he can still do that. Also, the fact that champions actually rely on Flash is imo pretty weird considering the concept of Summoner Spells.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 6:55pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

I don't understand. He seems to be just denying every argument without anything to back up his denials. Cuz that's what it is. It's just denial.

I back up everything but you guys just don't read and I'm tired of explaining everything over and over again.
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 6:56pm | Report
Lol, I'll restate a tad here but also extend just slightly. I hope this adds some degree to the discussion because despite the brick wall it's at now this has been a very good discussion imo. ^__^

I truly and honestly would not be against this if it wasn't already so ground into the game, and quite frankly I think Riot likes it where it is.

• The number of champions who would need to be retooled and/or (because both will happen without a doubt) lose viability entirely would be absurd. Sooooo much work for Riot and soooo many mad players who are now without a number of fun and effective strategies regarding their favorite champions/roles.

• Way more passive play. Look at the other MOBAs, without out this universally accessible skill the lack of forgiveness creates ultra careful play that requires extreme strategy, care and attention in order to be aggressive in comparison to LoL. Riot knows this. Idk if anyone remembers when riot made the changes to minion damage and heal nerfs. There's also the stealth rework and the list goes on. Riot made all these changes under the banner of "promoting a more aggressive and exciting game."

• Being able to use it to get out of bad situations is something that helps new players learn their limits without costing them everything. By popping flash to get out of their noobtastic predicament they are penalized by not being able to use that ability if they make a mistake again or encounter a situation where it was needed. Having a game that is fast paced, strategic and a little forgiving is Riot's basis for having one of the most successful PC games on the planet.

• As for high level play it's existence allows for some really phenomenal plays and it adds a lot to the viewing pleasure of the game. I can honestly tolerate the occasional "get-out-of-jail-esq" usage if I get to keep seeing those plays that make me go "OH SHIIIIIIIIIT". Losing that factor would really damage LoL as a spectator e-sport.

Even IF anyone here was going to come to an agreement on this I think it's very clear that Flash is here to stay for these reasons alone. The style of gameplay its existence allows for is a major factor in Riot's success and getting rid of it really just isn't an option for Riot as a production team or as a company.

Also, I'm really tired so I probably derped hard somewhere in writing this. Let me know so I can fix it xP
Thanks goes to JEFFY40HANDS for a gorgeous Karma sig
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 7:08pm | Report
Don't fix what isn't broken? o.o
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide