Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

A Flash Free Season Three!

Creator: GrandmasterD October 28, 2012 10:15pm
Flash is a broken spell and just an excuse to make bad plays/decisions!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 8:11am | Report

If Flash saves both my sorry *** in a bad situation and my opponent in the same bad situation, then I'm perfectly fine with that, since we're even.

This is exactly Darcurse's point. You are pretty much forced to take Flash because it is such a powerful spell and that is just weird.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 8:22am | Report
Also, how many times have you had a gank from your jungler who happily went back to the jungle after writing "flash down" or you yourself write it so that the jungler can take that into consideration?
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 9:08am | Report
oh - just to show you that it's a bit dumb to do this, at least while others are still available to do so, you should ask bitpik, even with flash you can't do **** but .. well if you won't have it I can do it even while mine is on CD.

WW --> Flashult --> insta death mid, we did that in some games in a row .. was ******ed lol

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 9:18am | Report
I'm surprised this thread went so long. I see a lot of stuff about getting rid of flash (making the meta cry), changing flashes mechanics (making the meta cry), changing its range again (making it worthless: IE making the meta cry) and overall making the meta cry.

To make a point i want to look at some champions.

point A: Galio

Galio wants to use his ult, but every time he walks into a team and tries to pop his ult, Elise hits him with cocoon, then ammumu with bandage toss, and here comes vayne with the condemn and alistar with pulverise before he can get in range to get more than their malphite in range, and while galios out everyone zones in on the enemy team and wins the 5-4 exchange. Solution? flash. Flash is fast enough for Galio to get in and use his ultimate before the train of CC can hit him, getting all 5 enemies in his ultimate lets his friendly Malphite keep everyone in line shortly after.

point B: Sivir

Sivir wants to run but as soon as she pops her ultimate vayne tumbles and condemns her into a wall. She comes out with 200 HP and nowhere to run. she dies shortly after the stun comes off. Solution? As soon as the stun wears off she flashes the wall and escapes while her support gives vayne hell for making the move, sivir survives in a clutch save that would have otherwise been failed by someone who didn't understand flashes mechanics and the stun duration on Condemn.

point C: anyone with a built-in Flash

You're vayne, you want to kill ezreal. He's running from you and he teleports over the wall. Well that sucks, what are you going to do? you miss a kill on this ezreal. Solution? check your map, is there anyone you can't account for? no? well you guessed it. flash after him! if you are sure you can get the kill on Ezreal (IE he doesn't have phage or Tforce) and he's low enough to take out with a condemn, I mean he just flashed into the jungle right? piece of cake.

Now lets look at these three simple points. How many parts of these are at all noobish?

Galio just didn't want to get CCed to death, what if his malphite used his ult in the last fight and it wasn't up? maybe they didn't have a way to initiate other than galio, and if they didn't the enemy team would clean up. So galio needed flash to do something.

Sivir just wants to live, she didn't make any big mistake, she was by a wall she could flash over, in bottom late thats only by your tower or theirs. Maybe she wasn't making mistakes, and was just at her tower and needed to run. so she flashed over the wall after a condemn in a save that in any other situation woulda cost her her life.

Vaynes just chasing ezreal, she knows where everyone is, they're all accounted for, what's the problem with chasing him if he doesn't have phage to kite?
Ban out GoodPlays GG
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 10:05am | Report
Instead of Flash there could be a different summoner spell called "Dash". Every spell which is like Flash will be reworked into a dash. And no dash should be able to go through walls. This would still give those cc-champs a way to get into teamfights but disable the problem of wallhopping and instant flashing.
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 10:07am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Instead of Flash there could be a different summoner spell called "Dash". Every spell which is like Flash will be reworked into a dash. And no dash should be able to go through walls. This would still give those cc-champs a way to get into teamfights but disable the problem of wallhopping and instant flashing.

problem is for a lot of champions flashing over a wall is thier only escape, and anything else they can do is shut down by exhaust.

Like Sivir whose ultimate doesnt really help if she gets exhausted.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 11:50am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

What's that? You want to create less opportunity for plays? Great idea!

I'll just tell Lee Sin he's worthless as a jungler now as well as Ezreal being knocked back to near-uselessness. Kat can't save herself because you're not allowed to shunpo through walls anymore? I guess she's kinda terrible now too.

You can't turn flashes into dashes. It changes the entire mechanic of the champion.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 12:12pm | Report
I never liked the summoner spell system, and will never like it. Riot should've made more items with active, wich would've replaced summoner spells (like Blink Dagger in dota2 for exemple).

I just don't feel like summoner spells in general have their place in MOBAs.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 2:15pm | Report
The meta revolves around flash, would be interesting to see how it would go without it tbh :3
BUT, id definitely miss having a free out of jail free card, or at-least some mobility on ashe or varus.
Heck, without it playing galio/sona/ heck even amumu would be a pain in the *** :3
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 2:54am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Also, how many times have you had a gank from your jungler who happily went back to the jungle after writing "flash down" or you yourself write it so that the jungler can take that into consideration?

and then he never comes back.. LOL! But well, I'm unsure what your point here is; that if we won't have Flash that we can't have that anymore? Being a jungler is 80% presence if not more. Ganking is just for presence and sometimes you can get kills of it but mostly to show them you are lurking in the dark.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide