Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

teleport really strong why have people not...

Creator: Cooper112 April 4, 2014 1:36pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 3:48am | Report
Imo the only time clarity is useful is for siege comps, with champs like Nidalee. However, between the blue buff, and any mana regen items a champ buys, they should be able to manage mana to the point where it's not much of an issue.

Unlike DoTA 2, where mana is a concern for players almost as much as health, there is no mana disruption abilities in league, which is part of the reason why champs with spammable long range spells (siege champs) are so strong right now.

The reason teleport isn't used frequently in lower ELO games is because soloqueue is chaotic, and players having teleport may not always be able to use it to their advantage to gain map control, objectives, and mobility.

Ignite is strong for top laners as the extra bit of damage can cause a large amound of zone potential early game, if not an extra kill or two
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 6:20am | Report
Teleport is only stronger than Ignite if you're expecting to lose lane.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 8:02am | Report

Teleport is only stronger than Ignite if you're expecting to lose lane.

True, except for the only part.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 11:29am | Report

True, except for the only part.

Allow to correct myself: Teleport is only a smarter choice than Ignite if you're expecting to lose lane. You CAN take TP in a lane you're trying to win, but you probably won't win it without Ignite, and it's riskier trying to win bot lane for them because who knows if they'll react properly. It's relying on your team to react properly, as opposed to trying to crush your lane opponent where you only have to rely on yourself. Thus if you expect to lose lane anyway, you can try to take Teleport to B without losing too much CS, and trying to get some good TP ganks if you see a chance to do so. If you think you can win your match-up, it's an unnecessary risk to take TP because you're basically throwing your lane in the hope that you will be able to win another lane for them. If they react.

Better? :P
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 6:12pm | Report
I wonder how many people are saying Clarity sucks for a valid reason and how many are saying it just because I said its useful?

Anyways I am not going to keep up an argument that is going to be one sided...I know Clarity is useful, I know it can be helpful just like all other spells and whether people like it or not I know what I said has merit.
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 6:25pm | Report
Riot has the official stance that Clarity is intended for pre-level 30s who don't have access to runes and masteries, as well as the know-how for mana management.

And as a spell, consider its utility throughout the game. It may be useful in early phases of the game, but past that, Clarity sees little to no use (often no effective use), due primarily to items and mana scaling.

It cannot be used to directly kill an enemy champion in the way Ignite or Exhaust can.

Bar Blitzcrank, it cannot be used in any directly effective way to prevent yourself dying in the same way Barrier, Cleanse and Heal can.

It does not afford any map pressure like Teleport does.

It does not give you any movement utility like Ghost or Flash.

It's even subpar to Clairvoyance even though everyone has access to Farsight Orb. Clarity can't tell you where the enemy is or is not in this way.

Take together the facts that 1) Every other summoner spell is superior to it and, 2) it bares negligible utility in the game, there's absolutely 0 reasons why anyone should ever take it, especially in lieu of all the other summoner spells.

So you tell me, what merit does Clarity afford you that runes, masteries or items in the game can't give you?
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 4:37am | Report
The fact remains that ALL spells are as useful as they are useless if you do not know how to use them.

I have used ignite before and destroyed opponent but I have also used it and its been a tickle
I have used teleport before and ambushed unsuspecting group but I have also ended up being the victim of an ambush too.
I have used Smite to take baron from the enemy team but I have also used it too early and made the task far more easier for them.
I have used Heal and clarity and turned teamfight on their heads in an instant but I also used them wrongly and didn't heal anyone around me.

As I said I am not saying you should always have Clarity for example but as I said before if you know you playing with newbies or players who are mana hungry and you do know how to use Clarity to its full potential then surely its something to consider since you may be able to lead that team to a victory with forward thinking

Am I really that wrong?
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 4:58am | Report
@MyBloodisBlack
You're right to some extent but you're missing a very crucial point, which is that some summoner spells are not really worth since they're either outclassed by others or are useless in the current meta.

For example, Ghost is inferior to Flash at least regarding most champions, even ones that have a blink spell or an escape tool. Revive could only be used on Suicide Karthus and wards are pretty much doing the same job Clairvoyance does. Finally, Clarity is completely useless after level 30. Not to mention that very few people take Exhaust anymore as Ignite is superior to it in any role.
In addition to the facts above, it also matters which spell you're using on each champion and against what team composition. Ignite on Lux for instance sucks hard.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 5:00am | Report

I wonder how many people are saying Clarity sucks for a valid reason and how many are saying it just because I said its useful?

Anyways I am not going to keep up an argument that is going to be one sided...I know Clarity is useful, I know it can be helpful just like all other spells and whether people like it or not I know what I said has merit.

You're far too self-absorbed. Clarity has always been considered a troll / trash summoner spell, we didn't decide this just now just to piss you off.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 5:09am | Report

The fact remains that ALL spells are as useful as they are useless if you do not know how to use them.

I have used ignite before and destroyed opponent but I have also used it and its been a tickle
I have used teleport before and ambushed unsuspecting group but I have also ended up being the victim of an ambush too.
I have used Smite to take baron from the enemy team but I have also used it too early and made the task far more easier for them.
I have used Heal and clarity and turned teamfight on their heads in an instant but I also used them wrongly and didn't heal anyone around me.

As I said I am not saying you should always have Clarity for example but as I said before if you know you playing with newbies or players who are mana hungry and you do know how to use Clarity to its full potential then surely its something to consider since you may be able to lead that team to a victory with forward thinking

Am I really that wrong?

All other summoner spells give you an extra edge, an extra power. Teleport, ghost, flash, ignite, exhaust all give something that you cannot get any other way. Clarity gives something you can also get in another way, which simply makes it less worth of a pick. Surely it can be useful in certain situations, but those situations are only when you aren't building mana regen. And if you are building around clarity and ignore mana runes/masteries, then you are dependant on clarity. The other picks are simply better in the majority of situations.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide