Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Volibear Patch Preview

Creator: Mastarwe November 25, 2011 12:25pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 1:29pm | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Aww yeah, lets make this game casual.

Awww Yeah the game wasn't casual already.

I'm ****ing tired of everyone saying that counter jungling is a big deal.

It's not.

Counter jungling to a good jungler was never a huge, game breaking skillful thing, it was just something that happened.

In fact, proper warding stops most counter jungling, and actually punishes it REALLY hard.

You can't counter jungle in ultra high level games, so all it hurts are the people running bad jungling champs, who are actually hurt by ganking.

ALL of these changes are aimed at increasing ganking, and increasing aggression.

And then riot gets criticized for making the game "too easy" or "casual".

You people make me sick sometimes.
Tri lane for life.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 1:34pm | Report
Time to bring back my good ol' jungle karthus!

No seriously, stupid patch IMO, except the buff on sivir. The main peoblem with jungler is that they usually don't gank when you really REALLY need one, so now, Riot make the respawn timer even lower for jungler creeps?

Thumbs up for no gank at top until level 18!

P.S. IMO, Riot should have increased the creep respawn timer a bit but increase XP gain at the same time. Counter-jungle would be A LOT more useful then. And you would still gain a lot of XP. Counter-jungler is just too easy to ignore, unless it's a buff. OH **** THE ENEMY UDYR STOLE MY WRAITHS! I guess i'll just do that camp last, and it'll be back. No XP loss. Close to no gold loss. No problem. With this patch, counter-jungle will just be even more useless.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 1:41pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Awww Yeah the game wasn't casual already.

I'm ****ing tired of everyone saying that counter jungling is a big deal.

It's not.

Counter jungling to a good jungler was never a huge, game breaking skillful thing, it was just something that happened.

In fact, proper warding stops most counter jungling, and actually punishes it REALLY hard.

You can't counter jungle in ultra high level games, so all it hurts are the people running bad jungling champs, who are actually hurt by ganking.

No.
Lol.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 1:59pm | Report
Sivir rework. But she was Op already >;D.

Jungle rework... Gonna hurt my shaco jungling a lot... My bread and butter there was to counter jungle...

What a ******ed choice from riot, in my opinion jungling should be something optinal, not mandetory...

****ty riot is ****ty...
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 2:02pm | Report

OMG THIS IS LUGI'S PATCH

HE CAN TRY JUNGLE WHATEVER NOW AND BE SUCCESSFUL

OGOSH

Implying I didn't do this already.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 2:02pm | Report
Wintermond wrote:

No.
Lol.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

OKAY.

Not my fault that people steal my wraiths, my blue, AND my Golems, and i still have a succesful game as a jungler because i can ****ING ADAPT.

And then, they get killed when they come into my jungle any time after the first clear because i have it warded properly.

Counter Jungling is just another factor in a big formula that is jungling.

If you don't know the proper response to counter jungling, then yeah, it's a big ****ing deal.
Tri lane for life.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 2:05pm | Report
But then it turns out that the counter jungler in question is shaco. That can avoid your wards completly.

Ever considerd that the counter jungler in question that you won against was bad?

Once he kill you and your camps. He have control over your jungle.

To adapt to this, you either have to take his jungle, wich put you on a risk from the enemy laners.

Or gank.

How hard this is depends on the hero ofc.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 2:11pm | Report

But then it turns out that the counter jungler in question is shaco. That can avoid your wards completly.

Ever considerd that the counter jungler in question that you won against was bad?

Once he kill you and your camps. He have control over your jungle.

To adapt to this, you either have to take his jungle, wich put you on a risk from the enemy laners.

Or gank.

How hard this is depends on the hero ofc.

In the current state of the game, i ban Shaco.

He's too much trouble to adapt to currently.

Extremely strong jungler, and usually, none of the people on my team can play him well enough to warrant first picking him.

He's an outlier however.
Tri lane for life.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 2:24pm | Report
If you get counterjungled it will affect your jungling performance a lot; it is actually the greatest impact on your jungling performance.

Of course you can try to make up for the loss of buffs, experience and gold with ganks but you will most likely never be in a situation where you can pull off successfull ganks 24/7.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Whated#79092
<Member>
Whated#79092's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 2:29pm | Report
Can anyone give me a beta key to Dota2? This game just got ****ing ******ed. Like, control junglers, nerf'd, ganker junglers, nerf'd, farmer junglers, ONLY VIABLE ANYMORE ****ING BUFFED SO HARD THAT EVERY OTHER JUNGER IS NOW NERF'D. Just ****ing god why? why? True meaning skill of jungling: farm all day with Irelia = get fed as ****. Win the game. GG so good game needs ****ing much skill OMFG SO GOOD!

Watch, I mean listen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9RiJCifgJQ&feature=feedu

Yeah lowering the skill cap makes everyone who just started 2 weeks ago ****ing happy...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide