Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Volibear Patch Preview

Creator: Mastarwe November 25, 2011 12:25pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 7:56pm | Report
^ I don't know if you're accounting for the fact that camps give less xp and gold each now. Yes, each camp will die faster, but you'll get less of a reward for it, meaning you'll have to clear more camps to keep up with your old gains.

At some point you'll face the choice between ganking and continuing to farm, and if your gank fails you just wasted a lot of xp and gold.

As for Warwick, he's utter **** after this change. The only strong point of Warwick is his ease of use and sustainability - he never gets low on health in the jungle. After this, everybody will be easy to use and will never get low on health. To be honest he's not great even now, there are already junglers that sustain equally/almost as well and can gank and invade considerably better.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 7:59pm | Report
I'm a mediocre jungler, but I could jungle as Olaf, which is kinda difficult for someone who has no runes for that. Now they made jungling even easier.
I sure agree that making the jungle easier is better if you know nothing about it, never tryed, etc. But experienced players wont like the changes, they can jungle in hyper-ultra-hard level, now its newba mode.
Cervance
<Member>
Cervance's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 8:40pm | Report
The change to the jungle is interesting, to say the least, and completely unnecessary. That being said, maybe with the weaker creeps there will be some more interesting routes available. Taking red early and ganking from level 2 could be good. Or it could put you far far behind the other jungle who's just afk farming.

We'll have to see.

As for counter jungling, it really hasn't changed all too much. Go for it all or don't bother going. Take Red or Blue buff and they'll be hurting. If you can't take their buffs then you aren't a good enough counter jungler yet.
GoliathGTX
<Member>
GoliathGTX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 4:07am | Report
I don't like that they are trying to make jungling easier. I tried my best to learn how to jungling and I feel rewarded for my effort as I see that I can jungle better. If they really tone the jungle down to a level that everyone can do it, then it sucks and not to mention I am already sick of the amount of jungle farmer that don't gank and I foresee that number to increase after the patch.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 7:34am | Report
caucheka wrote:

right because how dare riot change the game in favor of a few million people who play it instead of a few thousand.

Exactly. That is why i don't see it as a competetive game. Clearly they are not going for one.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 7:49am | Report

Exactly. That is why i don't see it as a competetive game. Clearly they are not going for one.

You guys do realize they're doing this for all the millions right?
No one's getting left out. It'll just be a matter of tuning the changes to get the balance they want.

They want the lanes to be more aggressive. To do that, the jungle needs to be more passive.

After all, the current jungle oozes aggression - Counter-jungle all the time. The moment you finish your route, gank. When not ganking, counter-jungle, then gank. When not counter-jungling, clear your own jungle, then gank.

Because of all this aggressive, lanes are extremely passive.

This change may help with the " Flash OP" sitauation as well. If people are less fearful of the jungler, Flash won't be as tightly instant-locked in champion-select. (Of course, there are still those who rely on Flash as a gap-closer)
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 8:11am | Report
Easier jungling means less HP lost and this means you could go gank when you would usually go back before. That's supposed to make lanes more aggressive?

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 8:22am | Report

This is just silly. It's not competative because they wish to focus on the majority?

It's called business. When you run a business you want a lot of people using your goods or servies. When they do this, they have opinions on how they wish for you to improve your goods or services. If a majority of people said "I'd pay more for your goods or services if you did 'THIS'" you're telling me Potatis, you'd say "No not gonna happen"? That's bad business in general.

I agree there are times when the majority is wrong, but a few things you should consider:

1. These are the proposed changes of the game, they may change before release or be postponed to better balance them out.
2. It's a patch, if we've learned anything from playing LoL (or any game really) patches can be un-done. This is not permanant.
3. As Caucheka said none of us have played this yet. Stonewall is 1 person and he's done his jungling for a long time. Anyone in his same position would be biased and close minded to the thought of a new way to jungle.

It's easy to invest such a heavy opinion, and be so quick to judge when you're not in the chair making the descisions yourself. The competition is always to out preform the opposition, the game changes, now you have to be competative in a newer version of the game. If the idea falls flat on it's face, Riot will undo it. If they come up with a better way to make jungling accessible to lower level summoners while keeping the same level of gameplay for pros then they'll do it.

Anyway, I'm not really excited, or upset, just gonna sit and wait.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 8:34am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

You guys do realize they're doing this for all the millions right?
No one's getting left out. It'll just be a matter of tuning the changes to get the balance they want.

They want the lanes to be more aggressive. To do that, the jungle needs to be more passive.

After all, the current jungle oozes aggression - Counter-jungle all the time. The moment you finish your route, gank. When not ganking, counter-jungle, then gank. When not counter-jungling, clear your own jungle, then gank.

Because of all this aggressive, lanes are extremely passive.

Wait, so, you're saying -
Removing the choice of counter jungling
Making it so junglers are permanently at 100% health
Making it so junglers can start with boots and still be successful

Makes lanes aggressive? If that really was their intention then I've lost all hope for Riot.

Also, the aggression in other people's jungles (E.G. counter jungling, dueling) is irrelevant to lane aggression. Your jungler's wraith got stolen, sure that doesn't mean you're about to get ganked all the time - it merely means he'll be ganking you less because they're counter jungling.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 9:04am | Report
They're not removing the competitive aspect of jungling.

The jungle was changed to be more open to low-level junglers.

It was also changed to give more options overall for non-sustain jungle champs, and for junglers in general.

The change to jungling will make it less predictable now. In competitive play, top support players know the times of every competitive jungler. Then, they can use CV to check EXACTLY where the enemy jungler is, and predict ganks easily. With the changes, it will make it so the jungler could feasibly be anywhere in the jungle, and could gank at any time. This shifts the jungle from a feat of mechanical skill (because jungling is pretty much the same every time, with few exceptions), to a feat of judgment (where should I start? Where should I end? When should I gank?), so that junglers have more options and laners can't predict their paths as well.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide