Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Volibear Patch Preview

Creator: Mastarwe November 25, 2011 12:25pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 4:09pm | Report
I'm actually amused that Riot listened to all the cries of "minions OP". And they nerfed them.

Also, boots + 3pots has been nerfed.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 4:18pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

one fed player wins the game himself, no matter what you do

I haven't played HoN, but from what I've heard this is actually far more true in other DotA games than it is in LoL.

TheJohn wrote:

the game is now a battle of tanky-dps, thats totally ridiculous, you have over 70 champs to get and choose one of the 20 tanky-dps.

Not really, not at the moment. Only the jungler and the solo top will be tanky dps, and AP top still works as well.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 4:19pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

* Trololol Xenasis

QQ.

So mad right now. I have a giant blog article on this subject, one close to my heart. I feel appalled by Riot.

It's like next patch, they decided to completely remove harassment in lanes, skillshots, and increase how easy it is to last hit. It doesn't matter how well it balances things, it just turns laning into a farmfest, and completely removes the skill ceiling and need for any runes in certain situations which a good player will pick depending on the match up. If there's no way to shine, there's no skill.

If Riot keep this change after two weeks, I'm likely going to be quitting LoL. That change is ridiculous. I'm so angry, I could just, I could just SCREAM
AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa
Much better.
(Yay pony references)

Edit: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=470722
Everyone bump/+1 that *****.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 4:20pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I haven't played HoN, but from what I've heard this is actually far more true in other DotA games than it is in LoL.

I've played HoN - and honestly there's absolutely no way to come back from a losing game, though remember that LoL game we came back from 4-22 and won?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 4:22pm | Report
^ That's exactly what it's like.

I like to think of it as the same thing as going into the game's options menu and changing the difficulty from 'normal' to 'easy'.

Not everyone likes doing that.
Whated#79092
<Member>
Whated#79092's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 4:22pm | Report
Agree with Xenasis, and this makes me even more sad because I enjoy jungling the most in this game. It's just so much fun compared with difficulty. What and when. Now jungling turned into a farmfest...
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 4:23pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

As winter said.

I don't even jungle much at all and it still pisses me off that they're doing this. It sounds like you can basically use any masteries or runes and jungle just fine now. I LIKED that it was hard to jungle properly on most champions. I LIKED that you needed to have specific runes and masteries. I LIKED that it required knowledge and smart play.

Imagine you're a guy who put tons of effort into setting up all your junglers perfectly*. Now it doesn't matter and you can do it all on autopilot. All that time spent carefully testing paths, trying to create perfect rune/mastery combinations, trying new builds is all for nothing now.

It's just an overall lowering of difficulty and challenge in the game. You can't deny that, because it's a fact.

And yeah, listen to what Stonewall has to say:

* Trololol Xenasis

So basically, what Stonewall is saying is that it's meh, and if it turns out to be not good overall, riot isn't dumb.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 4:25pm | Report
Uhh, I dunno what you heard but he sounded to me like he thought it was going to be a change for the worst. I thought he sounded fairly miserable about it actually. xD
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 4:26pm | Report
@Temzilla, No.

He's saying -
It's bad, he hopes they realise their mistake
Control junglers are bad (except duelists, like Lee Sin, they're still mediocre)
Ganking junglers are bad
Farming junglers are super super good

Honestly I wish Nunu came back bigger and badder than ever. I wasn't even a Nunu player, but I liked to see Nunu running in taking creeps, even though he couldn't defend himself if he got caught, that's aggressive play, not killing creeps.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 4:30pm | Report
Well it sounds as if counterjungling will have absolutely no purpose now, given that not only do camps respawn much faster, from what Stonewall said they also give an extremely small amount of xp/gold per camp so any impact you have will be negligible.

Sounds like only red and blue will really be worth stealing now.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide