Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your guides are ****.

Creator: throatslasher August 31, 2012 12:37pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

233 posts - page 11 of 24
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 10:45pm | Report
elo is not ego.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 10:50pm | Report

elo is not ego.

coming from you I can see why people have a tough time believing that
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 10:54pm | Report
Throatslasher has no elo ego, he's just stating the truth.

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 10:59pm | Report

Ha. Sour grapes, *****. What you eat this week doesn't matter 3-4 years from now. Why don't you just not eat for a week. You're 1300 elo. it's easy for you to sit down in your hole and throw rocks at those of us that busted our ***es getting out and trying to make a name for ourselves. **** you and everything about you. I put in my time grinding at this game, practicing for hours, just to hold my own at the level I'm at. If that intimidates you, no ****s given. Grats you're casual about league. I'm not, and you can shove your judgemental attitude up your ***.

Why are you so defensive about moon's statements? I think about it all the time, I bought skins and they'll be **** and money to the moon in like 3-4 years. As for the *** busting, WOAH, yours efforts are awesome, maybe someday you're gonna take a printscreen and show it to your grandsons so they can go "wtf is league of legends grampa?" Big ****ing deal. (Plus the entire attitude shows you do it, as moon said, "so you can say you're better than other people". We're all very impressed).

Also, good job on comparing LoL to getting food. Them priorities, you should probably quit eating and live through League matches.

--//--

People who come to Moba know next to 0 about the League. Any info provided by any top guide here is better than what they know. Recommended Doran's? Yes, it's ****, but it worked for them up from that level 30. As they progress they'll learn why boots are better 99% of the time.

The guides here are startup engines, imperfect as they are. The system isn't perfect but it's decent enough. Creating something like featured guides by plats, or having people handpick guides to distinguish in some section will most likely put guides who are not good at all for newbs in some pedestal saying "learn this".

That ****ty Karma guide you pointed out, per example, which I read at level 20 taught me how to zone, made me realize I should really consider checking other people's builds, etc etc, small things that you give no value to coz it's obvious now.

Finally, do you actually think that any beginner - the same people who don't know the value of last-hitting - will benefit AT ALL from your gp10 Malz guide in terms of itemization guidelines? They're gonna eat dirt and feed because hey! they can't trade blows for **** since they're still learning to manage all the elements in their lane.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 11:06pm | Report
Falseo, his guide isn't meant for noobs.

FalseoGod wrote:
Creating something like featured guides by plats, or having people handpick guides to distinguish in some section will most likely put guides who are not good at all for newbs in some pedestal saying "learn this".

What are you talking about here? How would featuring good guides make bad guides more prominent? That would ELIMINATE bad guides from getting popular. I think you mistyped something?

And yes, "Any info provided by any top guide here is better than what they know." Which is why we don't want to be teaching them something totally stupid, which they will then absorb and think is viable and use; ie Nashor's Karthus. What kind of GUIDE site teaches people to Nashor's Karthus? That's like a guide for reading telling you to close one eye while reading. People that never read before (assuming the guide is verbal or whatever lol) wouldn't know any better, and they will be able to read stuff with only one eye; but they are doing it wrong, and what good guide teaches you to do things wrong?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Arcverze
<Member>
Arcverze's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 11:31pm | Report
Yeahyeah, keep *****ing, it's gonna get you far in life kid..
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 11:32pm | Report
The problem I see with just featuring plats is that there aren't much platinum players here. I only know of a few:

- Chandro
- Khazem
- Incapacitate
- Cloudtitan

Golds can get featured too, as there are lots of gold members here:

- Mowen
- Wrath
- Xaioli
- Vavena
- Teal Kitty

Some silvers know what they are talking about so >.> Allowing those people to feature guides is a good thing imo, so it can filter out the "bad" ones.
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
LaCorpse
<Altruistic Artist>
LaCorpse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 11:33pm | Report
Who is this guy?
Who cares if moba guides are "bad"

I see them as people explaining their personal opinions on how they play. Who cares if its "pro" or not. IDGAF. Let people play how they want to play. Its about having fun anyways.

That is what I say.
Orianna Guide // Ahri Guide // +Rep for hugs ♡ // Signature Café!!

A Special Thanks To Those Who Made Me Signatures
>> Graphic Resources & Downloads <<
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 11:34pm | Report

Ha. Sour grapes, *****. What you eat this week doesn't matter 3-4 years from now. Why don't you just not eat for a week. You're 1300 elo. it's easy for you to sit down in your hole and throw rocks at those of us that busted our ***es getting out and trying to make a name for ourselves. **** you and everything about you. I put in my time grinding at this game, practicing for hours, just to hold my own at the level I'm at. If that intimidates you, no ****s given. Grats you're casual about league. I'm not, and you can shove your judgemental attitude up your ***.

I stopped playing ranked like 6 months ago. The last game I ever played I carried hard as kog, went 13/1, but in all honesty it was the worst game I have ever played. It was impossibly frustrating to keep your team focused on winning the game, so many people act like ****s in ranked and give up so easily. If you die once, they pretty much throw in the towel and say GG. And if you worked really hard for 2k elo thats great, I think you should be rewarded for your hardwork, but that hardwork is rewarded through personal achievement. And let's be honest, you're not making a name for yourself, you're not going to go pro, the fact is the skill gap between you and a pro player is astronomical. In fact the only reason anyone on this website knows your name is because of how much of an ***clown you've made out of yourself. So I guess I can applaud you for making a name that way, but then again we are on the internet so I suppose I'd have to applaud millions of other people. In terms of intimidation, you don't even move the needle a hair. You're like every other e-tuff jackass on the internet, I know how to handle your kind by now, and trust me none of you actually end up putting your money where your mouth is. Maybe it's because you're too busy blowing smoke out your *** to find out where your mouth is located, but I don't know.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 11:39pm | Report
LaCorpse wrote:

Who is this guy?
Who cares if moba guides are "bad"

I see them as people explaining their personal opinions on how they play. Who cares if its "pro" or not. IDGAF. Let people play how they want to play. Its about having fun anyways.

That is what I say.

I agree here too, but a lot of times people criticize the way Mobafire has it's guides. I like the way they are now, I don't agree that most of the featured guides are **** trash. I agree and don't agree. You know what I am saying? :o
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide