Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your guides are ****.

Creator: throatslasher August 31, 2012 12:37pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

233 posts - page 13 of 24
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 12:16am | Report
This thread and comments are frustrating to read, just let it be please.

Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 1:12am | Report
:/ That Karma guide does suck and I'm actually not sure why it's on the top.
Nevertheless it's quite rude to openly flame a site for one guide.

A more polite way to phrase it would cause less hate and get some actual results rather than endless flaming.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 1:32am | Report
I'm not a guide mod, but i have a good understanding of how it works.
The guide mods on solomid are serious business. The integrity of featured/approved is a big deal.
The way someone proves they are who they SAY they are, is they PM mods on SM, they get on league and add and verify it's them, and then they review the guide. All guide mods are SEASONED players and can spot ******** from a mile away. Also, the community is very discerning. My malzahar guide got picked to shreds in the comment section, and I amended some mistakes, and explained my reasonings when I felt i was right.

tl;dr
get on league, add each other, verify
read the guide, if they're not who they say they are, they probably wrote an inferior guide.

Hi. I used to be a SoloMid guide moderator before I went inactive. I don't think Mobafire's scout point system is very good, but the system you proposed where plats would revamp the guide system on Mobafire would, hilariously enough, be more sophisticated than SoloMid's system.

Featured Guides: Guides written by high ELO people. They get featured for that reason. Many featured guides aren't as in-depth as approved guides.

Approved Guides: Community member written guides. Guide moderators check over guides for approval through their moderator panel, and approve/deny, and leave feedback/nitpicks if they think a guide has potential for approval status. The moderators are not "seasoned players", they are community members who volunteer. The only requirement is that they already have an approved guide as a way to prove they're aware of the standards.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 1:53am | Report
That would be a good system. I'd like to see MOBAFire actually use it.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 2:59am | Report
that karma guide is actually the thing i read that made me want to buy karma D: i dont really follow the build in it but the information it had about how to play karma helped me instead of me just trying her and not knowing anything about her. there are people that play karma and dont know her W damages people or changes the movement speed of people that go through it but the guide taught me that even if i woulda learned it after playing a few matches

honestly the BUILDS may be **** but the information and explanation of the champions that they give is good to newer players learning the champions which is why when im using a champion or thinking about buying a champion i look here before solomid

also im a casual player that likes playing this game for fun (even though certain matches make me want to rip my hair out) and i have no intention of becoming plat or gold or having a good elo or anything like that which is why mobafire appealed to me much more than solomid
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 3:07am | Report
Thing is, if a newbie (new person, not to be confused with noob) reads a guide that is 30 % spot on and 70% fubar, what they learn will be 7/10 **** even if they read some good. Isn't it better to have guides with 80%+ useful information?

And it is freaking easy to label a guide if it is new players friendly or demands good skills to start with.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 3:26am | Report
honestly youd think if someone followed a "****" guide and by following that guide played very "****ty" they would learn from this or in most cases get yelled at in game for what theyre building and sooner or later be told by a more experienced player about why what theyre building is wrong and what to build instead

this probably isnt going to fix the whole "**** guides are on top" thing but its probably whats happening when people follow the **** guides

and me being new to this game myself can say that the "high elo pro guides" confused the hell out of me and i honestly dont want to see this site turn into that D: no joke i didnt even learn the importance of killing the dragon until i read it from a guide on here about how important it is to winning which is something i never would have learned from reading the "high pro elo guides" on solomid

honestly id prefer a not as pro guide that offered good information than a "pro" build that is confusing to many new players

but thats just new to LoL player DillButt's opinion
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 3:49am | Report
Thing is, DB, many guides don't offer good information...
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 4:16am | Report
Spoiler: Click to view

So your saying every single guide (only a fraction of all the good guides) i posted here is ****
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 4:31am | Report
Wow how got this thread 13 Pages in one night, this ****heado got alrdy banned on solomid, stop feeding the troll~

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide