Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your guides are ****.

Creator: throatslasher August 31, 2012 12:37pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 2:55pm | Report
Neither is "Here at Globo Gym we're better than you and we know it" :P
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 3:01pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I see.

We've had pros on the site before (long before I joined though), but right now we just don't have a lot of platinum players. A section with guides written by pro players (that actually contain the right information) is very much welcome imo though.
Just need to make sure it's in-depth because if I remember correctly HotshotGG and the other pros that used to be on this site got a lot of criticism for making short guides, lol.

People that are full of themselves write short guides like that. I'm not going to go into detail about TSM guides from odd one and dyrus (i have inside info), but they are the BARE ESSENTIALS. Nobody really reads those guides to learn how to play the character per-sey, I use those guides for builds, masteries, overall strategy, runes, items, and mechanics. If someone has no freaking idea what they're doing with olaf, then they shouldnt' read a pro guide. However, if I was comissioned (i'd do it for free, though) to write some guides for you, you could be asuured that they would be of SUPERIOR quality and length, covering everything that someone who's never played the champion before could use to start playing that character correctly.

TL;DR THIS WHOLE THREAD:
I want a section for guides by "elite (1800+)" players. They will still be detailed and contain all information that noobs would require. definitely not bare-bones. I can write 10 GREAT guides a day, if you will get the admins to set them apart. I do this because I actively want to help the LoL community, and think you guys are doing a disservice by having faulty/****py/incorrect guides.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 3:06pm | Report
@platinum players

there are a lot of plat players actually.

Gravefury, Chandro, Wintermond, Xaioli, Evildice, Booshido, Slasher, Khazem, Incapitate, strawhatbro etc.

Nighthawk wrote: I might not have the most posts but i'm pretty sure I have the most *****.
Searz wrote: ^ QFT
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 3:11pm | Report
I'll be there too..SOMEDAY.

Highest I ever got was S1 1500 ELO. Oh so amazing I know :P
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 3:12pm | Report
You can add Xai, Fruyti Kitty, Kitty and ToiletPills etc. to the list of plats.

Anyways like people said, yes MOBAFire is pretty much a joke in the LoL Community, but there is nothing you can do to fix this. We've already gone over this with multiple people that it will be too much to work with, and that it won't be done. And truthfully most of the MOBA people don't care about the guides when they join. They just like the people here :3

Oh an I've played a normal game vs you before haha

throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 3:16pm | Report
Frosted kitty sounds familiar.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 3:20pm | Report
90% of top guides are there since they look pretty. Nothing else. Solomid has a great guide section since it was started by pros and other pros jumped on and made their own guides. Simple as that.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 3:40pm | Report
I think we could get along quite well now that I know you actually are this way in real life. I'm the same way in real life. I actually turn it down a notch online though. Kinda backwards but yeah.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 3:50pm | Report
Hi throatslasher,

I don't really appreciate the title thread (just because of the excessive unnecessary aggression), but the conversation seems to be constructive enough that we can keep it going for now. Just letting you know yes I have read every comment in this thread, but I don't have much to add at this point as several of the Vets have said what I would say anyways.

I am curious though, how does Solomid deal with verifying that the Solomid account is the same as the LoL account they're claiming to have 2k elo on (or whatever)? The only thing I can think of is adding them to friends and discussing it with them on LoL. We really wish Riot would let us somehow link LoL account to MOBAFire account as that would let us do a lot of cool stuff but that's not the case.

Also, Booshido isn't plat, silly Nighthawk... http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19495620
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2012 3:55pm | Report
Lol. I saw Mowen posted and I was like "Oh no... Is she gonna lock it for the title?" lol. Glad you didn't.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide