Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your guides are ****.

Creator: throatslasher August 31, 2012 12:37pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

233 posts - page 14 of 24
AyushGarg
<Member>
AyushGarg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 5:22am | Report
I dont really mind the guides here. As a new player, you need more definitive guides which tell you how to play and what to use. On Solomid, they only talk about what things you should use in Ranked Play.

Just my 2 cents :)
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 5:34am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Spoiler: Click to view

So your saying every single guide (only a fraction of all the good guides) i posted here is ****

I feel so honored all of my guides are in here :D

Anyhow, to get back on topic. I think we all agree this would have gotten a lot better without all the flaming, derailing and what not. I have read this whole thread, and have read some useful suggestions. I think I will pick them out and post them in the Veteran's Hall, and hopefully most will be approved and we can get to work. I'm pretty sure there are some forums geeks here who can help a bit with implementing new ideas to get the huge workload off the Admins.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 5:52am | Report
LaCorpse wrote:

Who is this guy?
Who cares if moba guides are "bad"

I see them as people explaining their personal opinions on how they play. Who cares if its "pro" or not. IDGAF. Let people play how they want to play. Its about having fun anyways.

That is what I say.

I care, it matters to me that as a long time mobafire user this site gets no respect in the professional community. If you watched streams (assuming you don't) maybe you'd hear the number of times mobafire is mentioned as a joke rather than as a reference.

So to answer your question I care, I care as a user and as a veteran. I care because I've invested a lot of time here, not just as a sig makers, but a guide maker (they're all archived now), and simply as a member of the community. Long enough to care that people think mobafire is ****, long enough to understand that bad guides getting good reviews has ALWAYS been a problem here, something that should be fixed. If not for the respect of other sites, then for the respect of ourselves.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 6:18am | Report
What I can't understand is how people think that sub par information is good enough for anyone just coming into a game and trying to learn.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 6:58am | Report

I care, it matters to me that as a long time mobafire user this site gets no respect in the professional community. If you watched streams (assuming you don't) maybe you'd hear the number of times mobafire is mentioned as a joke rather than as a reference.

"Look at this pro Annie Build."
"Oh yeah, i know that one, its from MobaFire, right? I also used that when i started out with LoL"
and stuff like this happen all day, just go give a more accurate example xD
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 7:26am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

"Look at this pro Annie Build."
"Oh yeah, i know that one, its from MobaFire, right? I also used that when i started out with LoL"
and stuff like this happen all day, just go give a more accurate example xD

Any thread about Mobafire on LoL official forums get downvotes and lots of negativity. We have a bad rep, that's already clear
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 7:29am | Report
Dunno bout you guys but pressure on the layout of mobafires guides is something that ****in scares me. Everytime I see weird **** around text and all sorts of colorcoding it makes me doubt the accuracy of it. Because when someone spends so much time generating that **** and actually cares about it (no matter how ugly that looks) it speaks as immature and misleanding. And of course every now and then there will be some kind of ******* that will come to one of Duffs builds and will go: "oh, you could really use some color coding here" and will downvote it for that reason. That is not the way to build a mature environment for anything. The more space you give for people to do weird ****, the more immmature it will be. But hey, all we need is website enters right? It goes a short way.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 7:35am | Report
Well I always compare guides to women.

"The inside is the most important, but the eye wants something as well".
Just like a guy would never want a really smart and sweet woman who is the ugliest creature ever seen. But also, no one wants a beautiful super model whose IQ is 60 and is a real *****.

Try to find a good balance :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 8:18am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

Well I always compare guides to women.

"The inside is the most important, but the eye wants something as well".
Just like a guy would never want a really smart and sweet woman who is the ugliest creature ever seen. But also, no one wants a beautiful super model whose IQ is 60 and is a real *****.

Try to find a good balance :)

the man has spoken

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 8:28am | Report
Er Cuddowls there are quite a bit of bad guides in there.

:3

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide