Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

[Community Spotlight] - Lugignaf

Creator: Wayne3100 September 30, 2015 11:35am
1 2
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 11:35am | Report

||| Hello all and welcome to MOBAFire's monthly Community Spotlight!

This month's interview will feature Lugignaf, who has been spreading love for Maokai on the site for over 4.5 years and was promoted to Moderator a little over a year ago. With help from the Veterans, we asked him about his time on the website and his opinions regarding League, before getting to know a little bit more about his personal life. Enjoy!

Let's start by talking about your time on the forums. What initially made you decide to get involved in the community, and how has your view of the site changed since then?

I got into the community back in season 1, roughly after Caitlyn was released and I started playing. I played 3v3s with my friend and brother since we thought Summoner's Rift was absolutely terrible. I played some Ashe, with Frozen Mallet, and someone referred me to Mobafire after the game. The guides were pretty okay and the forum was equally pretty okay, so I decided to stick around until someone kicked me out, which thankfully hasn't happened yet. Honestly, the community hasn't changed a whole lot since I've joined though. We've gotten rid of quite a few of the "bad" people though, but overall it's been an average ride all the way from the beginning up until now.

What, in your eyes, is one feature MOBAFire is missing or could improve on?

Cross-linking. There's a lot of times where I wish I could link to something from DotaFire, like skills, to compare them. But instead I've gotta link to the wiki. It's not a horrible thing, but it's a little annoying sometimes.

How do you look back on your first year of being a moderator? Has becoming one influenced your activity on the site and what is it like dealing with the report system (i.e. is it satisfying or frustrating)?

Good lord, I've been doing this for a year. I'm legitimately surprised that it's been a year now. Honestly, I think I'm actively on the site a bit more since I've become a mod though, mostly administering little warnings. And it's only been more recent that I've been actively active. As for the report system, it's not too bad. It's a little tedious sometimes, since deleting threads can be a little weird and slow. But it feels good to get rid of all the spam... all that horrid spam...

What about the future? Do you have any plans in regards to guides or, you know, taking over the website?

Ooh, man. I'm not sure really. I want to make another Maokai guide, but I really have to get back into the swing of playing him again. The jungle and top lane have changed so much since the first real guide I've written for him, as well as his "optimal" items. It's going to be a journey that I might not finish. As for taking over the site, I don't think so. I'm content with where I am right now. Although, I won't exactly turn down any promotions. :P

Finally, it's time to shine some light on the community, as the Veterans would like to know your opinion on some of the MOBAFire people you regularly see around. Also, if you had to give each one a champion that reminds you of them, which one would it be?

Honestly, a lot of the champions I'd associate with people are their avatars, with some exceptions. Like, Jhoijhoi has her Ashe guide which I remember, as well as Jet and his everlasting Morgana icon. OTG has his Viktor and uhhh... I'm actually really bad with people and names and such. Like I remember Psi had this huge Nocturne binge a while ago, and literally everyone on the site loves Draven like a father/brother/annoying frat boy, but there's not a whole lot of specifics I could go into unfortunately.

Moving on, let's talk about League of Legends. What is your favorite role/champion in League of Legends and why? Has it always been that way?

I love the support role. That's not me saying that I love being bot lane and buying the wards and having 0 cash all game, but I love supporting other people. Maokai and Braum are my two favorite champions, with Zilean coming in a very close 3rd. Maokai and Braum are real bodies on the battlefield. Literally even. Just, "Stand behind me, and you will live to keep fighting." Zil might not have the same presence as the other two, but it's extremely satisfying to arrive just in time to ult someone and laugh at their assailant.

What do you find the most rewarding when playing League, when do you have the most fun? What annoys you?

Honestly, I love being outplayed. It means I've got something to improve on. I can always be a little better in when I choose to fight, or how I string together my skills. As for what annoys me, I hate either stomping or getting stomped because someone fed, and I hate when every lane wins by an absurd amount if I'm jungling. Because, I mean, if every lane is winning, why have a jungler at that point, you know?

How do you feel you've grown as a player over the years of playing League? Also, are there any specific weaknesses you would still like to work on?

Well, I certainly don't play Dunkmaster Yi anymore, that's for sure. But I've gotten a lot more map awareness since I've started playing. And, obviously, more knowledge on what items are good in what situations. I still like playing the odd build once and a while though. Like Mordekaiser/ Zilean bot lane with EXP quints (please try that for yourself). For weaknesses though, I need to actually work on not fighting when I'm behind. I've lost quite a few games where I was behind and I thought to myself, "well maybe if I fight them now that I have this item, I'll win." Pro tip, that's not how it works out.

Moving on to gaming in general, are there any other games you play frequently?

I've actually gone super deep into Hearthstone recently. Shovel Knight and DotA2 as well. I actually jump around games a lot, and I don't stick with one game for very long for some reason. But, League will always have a special place in my heart because it introduced me to so many people. It's been a greater boon than a burden really.

Finally, I noticed your profile contains a link to your YouTube channel. Are you planning on uploading any more let's plays on it in the near future?

Maybe, maybe not. Every time I try and do things, I get into a schedule of doing it, and then I just fall off it for a bit. Same thing happened with streaming. The intent is there, just not the motivation most of the time. If I do though, I'm not really sure where to start right now. I might have to completely reinvent the channel and start over.

Alright, we've come to the final section of the interview, meaning it's time for some more personal questions. What do you currently do in real life? Are you studying, or do you have a job? Tell us more :)

I'm actually out of school and trying to find a job. I did some schooling for game design classes, but I failed out due to some minor depression issues. In my non-video game time, I work on my own game design stuff. Mostly the art right now, since coding is really a lot of libraries and knowing how the code puzzle pieces fit together.

Looking ahead, what is a goal you want to achieve in life? Is there anything - possibly unrealistic - you dream of doing in the (near) future?

Near future, I'm hoping to get a job so I can move out, and to California with friends. Long future though, I sort of want to make my own game. Sort of a 3D fighting game, or some fun platformer. I'm slightly undecided at this point, but I might just do both.

One of the Veterans also asked about your girlfriend, noting that you stopped updating us about her. She's ok, right? D:

I'm pretty sure she's alright. She sort of stopped talking to me a while ago, which is her choice I suppose. I can't exactly get in contact with her though, since as of a few days ago, as of writing this, she left for basic training. It was definitely a pretty good first thing though.

What other hobbies do you have besides gaming, what are you passionate about?

I draw, a little bit. But unfortunately, a lot of my life revolves around gaming. However, I'm super passionate about the design of games. One of the big reasons I still enjoy League is because they cover some seriously interesting design space, and they're slowly working on making good balance decisions so that a super large portion of the champion pool is viable. I hope we can see a gamestate where about 70% or 80% of the champion pool is picked in a lower game tournament.

Finally, let's end on a high note by talking a bit about music. What type of music do you listen to the most, and do you have a favorite artist/band?

Uhh... more video game stuff. Some remixes, some covers. But also, a lot of stuff really. My playlist ranges anywhere from Billy Joel to Volbeat to Lil ****y and of course, the Pentakill songs that League released. I don't ever think I could pick a favorite though. I just love music in general. There's something about music that nothing else compares to.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 12:10pm | Report
Draven = FalseoDog confirmed :^)

Nice interview LuggĆ½ <33
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 12:19pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:
but there's not a whole lot of specifics I could go into unfortunately.
I smell a cop out :^)

Nice interview though. I hope all goes well with your job interview!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 12:24pm | Report
Did I really talk about and/or associate with all things Viktor in my early days so MUCH that I am permanently attached to his presence long after I have stopped playing him seriously? I figured I'd be known more for Jayce by now.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 12:27pm | Report
considering your mobafire name, associating you with viktor isn't exactly hard lol
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 12:28pm | Report
considering your mobafire name, associating you with viktor isn't exactly hard lol

And not Vi or Blitzcrank? D:
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 12:33pm | Report

And not Vi or Blitzcrank? D:

vi would be OTGBionicFists and blitz would be OTGBionicRobot or some **** like that
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 12:36pm | Report
But.. you obviously dont understand the source of the name then. D:

Sorry for derailing. Let's talk about lugi's love for MAOKAI. Lugi if you're reading, why does the tree man appeal so much to you outside of his supportive capabilities? Do you love nature or do you feel for his immeasurable sadness in existing?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 12:41pm | Report

Sorry for derailing. Let's talk about lugi's love for MAOKAI. Lugi if you're reading, why does the tree man appeal so much to you outside of his supportive capabilities? Do you love nature or do you feel for his immeasurable sadness in existing?

I think Luggy wants the wood ;^)

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 12:50pm | Report

I am sure I knew about the origin of you name once...
anyway, greta interview!
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide