Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Looking to optimize my build for the new Kat

Creator: PsiGuard August 16, 2012 2:02am
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:18pm | Report
Honestly I just buy whatever I need at the time. I do like an early kage's but the only core item for her IMHO is the gunblade. But hey don't listen to me I'm not as experienced as some of the others conversing.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:43pm | Report
I don't think Rylai's would be necessary on her. Rylai's is for utility and survivability but your prime objective is to one-shot people so it wouldn't really fit well in her build.

Hextech + DFG + Zhonya is fine imo.
It's not "too hard to manage".
Two of those items are for bursting down a target and one is for survivability.

Lich bane is pretty stupid. You use one spell and leave out the rest for one autoattack and then proceed to get CC'd down. Well it would work if your enemies are stupid enough to not react to your abilities.
You get Lich bane on people who have to the time to autoattack (eg: TF Sion) not champs who "can use it"

I'd say take out abyssal and get a void.
Abyssal can be situational where they have little MR and you need the defense + damage early.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:56pm | Report
Rylai's is best on champions who have short CDs and want to keep enemies in range of their abilities. It's great for chasing, also somewhat useful for escapes, and the bulk is nice. Of these, Kat really can only use the bulk. She shouldn't have too much trouble keeping up with other champions with Shunpo and can also use Shunpo to escape. The slow, while nice, is entirely unnecessary for her, and provides only slight team utility. The main thing that Rylai's has going for it on Kat is that it's one of only two major AP + HP items, and the other ( Rod of Ages) bites for her. So I'd say it's situational, insofar as that you don't always need to build HP, but certainly a great pick on bulkier Kat builds.

Also, Randuin's could be a great purchase on her, for a tanky item. Since she'll probably want to dive into the middle of the enemy team when she ults, she'll have great positioning for its active. Situational, of course, but worth considering. (Because, really, three actives in your items is never enough.)
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 11:03pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Lots of smart stuff. Yet again.

Can we subscribe to lifebaka's posts??
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 4:43pm | Report
Quoted:

Hextech + DFG + Zhonya is fine imo.
It's not "too hard to manage".
Two of those items are for bursting down a target and one is for survivability.

4 3 Q E W R 1 is not a fun combo to try and pull off, especially when the Zhonya's timing changes a lot.

I think I'm going to add 3 to my smartcasted item slots to I can smartcast gunblade and dfg. Hopefully that'll help a bit. I've been clicking gunblade's active when I have both.

EDIT: Lately I've been favoring kage's lucky pick

Still not sure when I want to finish DFG. Maybe after Abyssal.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 1:53am | Report
Ok I think I've figured out my build. The order of item purchases seems to be really situational so I guess I'll just have to adapt it every game.

Start: kage's lucky pick

Core:

Situationals:

Any objections?

(Btw I've switched up my item hotkeys and smartcasted 2 of them which seems to be helping.)
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 2:05am | Report
Seems good!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 8:48am | Report
I would never consider Deathfire Grasp core over Zhonya's Hourglass
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 9:11am | Report
I wouldn't consider Zhonya's core. Kat's ultimate is channeled, so if she uses Zhonya's it cancels her ult. The AP and armor are both great, but the active doesn't synergize well with her kit.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 2:40pm | Report
She's a melee-based mage champion he requires to get into close quarters with enemies to reach maximum damage output and you're saying Zhonya's Hourglass doesn't synergize with her kit?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide