Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Taric: Archangels or Manamune

Creator: Shrillex August 10, 2011 12:25am
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 4:01am | Report
Searz wrote:

@Deathalo
Then get both Philo and Catalyst. If you're running out of mana with those 2 you're spamming too much (fail). Just stop spamming spells and you'll be fine.

@Dante
Nashor is very lackluster..

I play Taric WAYYY support. In major fights/laning battles, I tend to HAVE to spam my mana off. To mantain my ult, to stun, to heal etc. The opponent team usually flame me for saving everyone possible :P However, in those nice quiet games, Manamune/AS will be useless seeing you have no need to spam, either to stun or to heal.
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 5:46am | Report
Please understand that you're wrong. Train yourself at managing mana.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 7:00am | Report
Ok, we need a analysation of taric:

I think this is, why Manamune was suggested. But the ratio ist just very very bad...

0,9 AP ratio is good, also attack speed and cdr helps. This is why Nashor's Tooth was suggested. If you want to be a healing monster, get Nashor's Tooth

0,5 is a very high ap-ratio for an aoe spell, which also gives a debuff to enemies. But most time, you need the aura to live.

1,0 ap-ratio is very good, but it is also weak, because it only deals that dmg, if you are near the enemy. If you are far away, you deal no dmg. The only use of it is to stun.

This spell is, why some taric's get blue buff's, tear's and chalice. I think, it is a bit overrated. Turn it only on at the crucial point of the fight and turn it of before it makes too much of your mana disapper. This is called mana management. And because of the fact, that costs get higher, the mana items are not very usefull, too.

Well, if you want to go ap-taric, you should get Archangel's Staff and Nashor's Tooth and go top lane, because of your lane sustain through Imbue+ Gemcraft and gank power for jungler's through Dazzle. You can also farm well with Shatter. But you are more like Cho'Gath, so you should also get Rod of Ages. Never go AD Taric, that sucks completly. But mainly Taric should support. As support, he has no money to get Archangel's Staff and Nashor's Tooth. If you have mana problems, try Chalice of Harmony. As support, you also get everytime philosopher's stone and Heart of Gold. Catalyst the protector is already luxury.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 7:09am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

0,5 is a very high ap-ratio for an aoe spell, which also gives a debuff to enemies. But most time, you need the aura to live.

Nope.. It's a real ****ty ratio..
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 8:29am | Report
Searz wrote:

Please understand that you're wrong. Train yourself at managing mana.

OK I just realised in a game as Taric that I seriously had bad mana management issues ._. but at least I don't require that much mana anymore :D
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 8:31am | Report
Keep training.
It's a good skill to have :)
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 8:40am | Report
manamune is a pretty mediocre item overall. So if you were building AP taric for some reason, you would go archangel's. But tanky support taric is the best option anyway.
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 8:49am | Report
Nashor's Tooth, Manamune and build tanky.

Battle Taric.

Works surprisingly well. But not for the current meta. I'd recommend it if Support/AD lane goes out of meta.
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 10:22am | Report
Generally, I play AP burst Taric, but even then I don't get an Archangels.

It's a good item, but really only works well on certain champions, because of it's reliance on low CD abilities to have full potential. Also, you're paying about 3k for 100-130 AP, where if you save up 600 more gold, you're getting about 200 AP with a Rabadon's. The fact that a lot of Archangel's price is put towards not having mana problems makes it a very unattractive choice, because there are other alternatives (chalice, blue buff, etc).

Manamune has similar problems, except for the fact that very few AD champions are going to be casting a lot of spells, and overall it's just not that good.

Save the Manamune for Urgot and Pantheon (I think new HSS would rock with Manamune), and save Archangel's for Karthus and Ryze.
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 10:41am | Report
As long as you don't leave your ultimate running for the entirety of the game, you shouldn't need either. Just buy a philo stone early on, and a catalyst once you feel like you need more mana.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide