Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The comeback of Nasus?

Creator: NicknameMy February 4, 2013 5:27am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 9:09am | Report
I don't think buffing his lategame is the proper solution to Nasus's problems.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
MyLilRafalca
<Member>
MyLilRafalca's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 9:14am | Report
Fairly new, so I may be totally off on this, but seems to me the point of putting Nasus potentially in jungle isn't so he can Q every last creep, but rather so that he can Q a good number of them without having to deal with getting harassed every time he does.

In my little experience, seems most Nasus' get in trouble by thinking "OMG I need to Q all these creeps at level 2-4", puts himself in a bad spot, and gives up a kill, and gets bullied. The troublesome ones for me are those that are content to sit back, get out cs'ed, but realize that eventually he will get to farm. Alot of times, the enemy laner will get greedy thinking "NEED TO SHUT DOWN Nasus BEFORE TOO LATE!", and overextend. And Nasus does receive ganks pretty well with Wither - especially if you can bait a dive with his ult.

Everyone knows Nasus gets beat early. But I don't think he is unplayable vs most matchups unless you get too greedy with Q early. Be content, the longer the game goes, the better off you'll be. It's just like when I learned from Nyjacky that it's perfectly ok to harass with Veigar's Q instead of farming with it early. In the end, 10-20 AP isn't going to matter at all. This goes times 100 if we are talking about building crit on nasus. In the end, you're gonna do crazy damage.

Back to Nasus in the jungle. Seems like it could totally work if you had a team comp that would be hard to push out of lane, and could just play the waiting game and survive without early ganks. Would really want the enemy team to have a passive jungler, instead of a Shaco, Lee Sin or someone like that who could hunt down and kill Nasus.

Let me know though if my logic is totally wrong here.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 9:16am | Report
I'd still rather play him top lane for funsies. He's one of those gem characters that's somehow fun in the insanely boring way he plays.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 9:20am | Report
Nasus' early ganks are fine, his E+Q deals nice damage and W sets them for your mate's CC. It's good versus auto-attack reliant champs as well. His only demand is that your colleagues already bring damage to the lane.

All he requires is that your mates get pushed, he can't do like most gap closers since he still has to walk the W distance. I'm not saying he's a new jungle god, but he's ok.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 9:21am | Report
As a jungler he's pretty much regulated into support tank mode though.

Jungle Nasus will never reach that point of "Holy **** he just 2 shot me" unless he completely ignores his lanes to farm.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 9:52am | Report
Well, actually the purpose of jungle Nasus is to put pressure onto the enemys by just jungling. This way, you force to play all of them riskier and they all need to win fast. Jungle Nasus isn't as easy to shut down as top lane Nasus. I wouldn't really gank often with him, only if it is 100% neccesary and has a high success chance.

Even Hyfe jungles Nasus now.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 10:04am | Report
+Rep me if i'm useful!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 10:14am | Report
Did jungle nasus yesterday.

Actually pretty good if you have safe lanes, as you can dedicate yourself to farming the jungle.

Then walking out of the jungle at level 6 with only an Avarice Blade, then critting for 700 hurts like a *****.

That crit change is so lulsy.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 10:25am | Report
6X Armorpen red 3x AD red
Armor Seals
MR Glyphs
AD Quints

Spirit Stone+ philosopher's stone is a good combo to solve the little mana issues Nasus has with spamming his Siphoning Strike.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 10:28am | Report
I only really have difficulties building him, I feel like my current path makes his lategame nearly irrelevant, which is hardly desirable.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide