Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Trinity Force -> Zephyr at Irelia/Udyr?

Creator: NicknameMy October 1, 2014 6:08am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 5:40am | Report
How you wanna carry a game while having absolutely no damage? You can't rely on your teammates to do so.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 6:14am | Report
You're a CC/Silence bot and you have a true damage nuke on your ultimate. That's more than enough when you add the decent base damage. Since when do you play full tanks for damage, anyway? You can go off tank, sure. Items like Abyssal Mask and Rod of Ages can go down really well.

And the point of tanks are to be the damage sponge. You honestly let your teammates deal the damage. This is so basic, I'm having trouble comprehending that you even said what you just did.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 6:16am | Report
AP Cho has been standard ever since all the Cho players fell down a hole and were never seen again.
Like when did you last see a JungleGath or a TopGath?
I like the idea behind this build at least because Giant rampaging beast that has to land a skillshot to do damage doesn't make any sense.

Basically MOBAFire.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 7:22am | Report
Rod of Ages just doesn't fit Cho'Gath at all. He already has a high HP pool so he is better at getting resistances. Never get a pure HP item on him. And he doesn't need that high amount of mana. Just a waste of an item.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 9:22am | Report
Same reason Maokai gets Rod of Ages; AP and Health?
If you spend all of your time in lane getting stacks off on your ult, you're sacrificing a lot of dueling presence; Getting a little bit of health makes dueling a little more comfortable for cho'gath, because he isn't really big until he's got 6 stacks
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 10:55am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Rod of Ages just doesn't fit Cho'Gath at all.

Did he just...?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 11:16am | Report
omg cho gets health by default so building moar health is baaaaad.

That's like saying that you get one free slice of pizza a day, so buying a pizza to have additional pizza to eat is bad.

And actually yea, he does need more mana. Even with Frozen Heart Cho can go oom easily in a team fight. ***** practically needs food stamps for mana.

You sound like one of those people that say not to ever buy Frozen Heart or Randuin's Omen on Rammus cause it "lowers your DPS".
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 11:16pm | Report
Quoted:
Rod of Ages
A lot of people understand by now that this isn't really a good item on Cho'Gath, but I will re-iterate for those unfamiliar. Cho'Gath can gain up to 900 bonus health from his ultimate, which means that in terms of effective health resistances are almost always better. The ability power is fine, but the mana is a wasted stat. You will build Frozen Heart or Iceborn Gauntlet for the CDR every game. Those items already give you overkill mana, so getting a RoA on top of that is a lot of wasted gold.

This graph (not mine) illustrates the effectiveness of resistances. You will have about 3000 HP by default with just Feast stacks, and several items will bring you higher.

Quoted:
Catalyst is a decent sustain item, but Cho'Gath already has solid sustain from his passive. One Doran's Ring can accomplish most of the same function for less gold. Ultimately, Rod of Ages is an "okay" item for laning, but in the late game and team fights every other item I've talked about above can give you more tankiness, utility, or damage. This item may have once been good on Cho'Gath (for lack of better alternatives? I didn't start playing until late Season 2), but it sure as hell isn't in today's game, and that misconception is in my mind one of the biggest reasons people don't realize the full potential of this champion.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 11:40pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

OOOOH! NUMBERS!

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2014 12:57am | Report
I much prefer Grandmaster's graph.

Also, where's that quote even from? I can make up quotes too if I want to.
True love is found only in yourself.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide