Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who counters Trundle in the jungle?

Creator: Svingas February 14, 2012 1:06pm
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 4:30am | Report
I'll humour myself with one last post because Duff is making me out to be criminal again.

DuffTime wrote:

The way I presented my points is directly related to the way my points were being dealt with.

Just look at the thread. I degenerated quickly because he simply refused to even try to understand what I was saying.

Why?

Because he's Mr Jungle. He wrote the guide. He knows it all.

But he won't even discuss simple logical points, like counter jungling Trundle is almost impossible. Like Shyvanna power clearing jungle only afford map control because you ca steal buffs and gank more.

Come on, I said myself, counterjungling Trundle is impossible. His kit is far too strong. This is why you can't counter him by picking a control jungler. You pick a ganking jungler and ignore his presence at all. I didn't once infer a superiority over you because I wrote a guide. You don't need to make personal japes at people because you can't win an argument, Duff. As I've said about Shyvana before, you COULD gank more, but she's a horrendous ganker. You could do what the PROFESSIONAL players do and counterjungle and only VERY occasionally do, but surely, you must know more than Diamondprox about Shyvana, excuse me. Both of these points I've said before, by the way.

You also don't present any reasoning as to WHY Shyvana should be ganking rather than counterjungling, when clearly counterjungling is her forté, and she has horrendous ganks.

If you can find me one place where I say "BUT I'M A BETTER JUNGLER THAN YOU", or "**** talked" you, then you have some merit. The amount of ridiculous insults you've made towards me is insane though, all without reasoning. As before, [citation needed].

Quoting this in quotes doesn't work for some reason.
"Clear, logical points, going completely ignored. Then the peanut gallery joined in, and I just said, "**** it."

I am the first to admit I was rude. However I'm also going to say that I was not the only one being rude here. Take it for what you will."

I addressed all of your points, find me one I didn't address please.

Find me one point where I insulted you, too. All I did was defend myself. You stepped way out of line when it turned into a personal attack with nothing to do with the argument.

Next, I'll bring you to a comment I made early on (page 3). -
"It's like you skipped through it all and picked out parts you wanted, I don't even think you'll read this in honesty, if you do, tell me."
Since you didn't tell me, I'll assume you've not been reading anything I've been saying. At all.

*sigh* I bet you're not even reading this. *sigh*
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 4:43am | Report

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 4:57am | Report
^ I think it was this comment - which was actually the start of you two being so incredibly friendly towards each other - that annoyed Duff:

Xenasis wrote:
You clearly don't properly understand jungling

How does that not spell "I am better at jungling than you are"?

Also, after that, you never said anything literally, but were sometimes implying (key word!) things with comments like "The fact that you can't counterpick a jungler amuses me" (i.e. it feels like the only thing that's missing is "because clearly I can, huehuehue Xenasis es #1").

Don't get me wrong, I'm not siding with Duff and saying he didn't do anything (in fact I think he's the one that actually took it too far by stating your knowledge of the jungle isn't even close to his and he couldn't discuss anything with you because of your 'sub par understanding of the game'), but it's not like you didn't say anything negative at all :|

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 5:00am | Report
Xenasis wrote:
Next, I'll bring you to a comment I made early on (page 3). -
"It's like you skipped through it all and picked out parts you wanted, I don't even think you'll read this in honesty, if you do, tell me."
Since you didn't tell me, I'll assume you've not been reading anything I've been saying. At all.

*sigh* I bet you're not even reading this. *sigh*

Page 3:

DuffTime wrote:
I read it, but who flippin' cares?

...nuff said

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 5:08am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

How does that not spell "I am better at jungling than you are"?

Also, after that, you never said anything literally, but were sometimes implying (key word!) things with comments like "The fact that you can't counterpick a jungler amuses me" (i.e. it feels like the only thing that's missing is "because clearly I can, huehuehue Xenasis es #1").

Oh come on that's not even an insult. Saying someone isn't the best jungler in the world (which he, or I am not) isn't an insult. Personal attacks like a derogation of the word 'kid', as a quick example, had no relevance to the argument and weren't necessary. I apologise if I came off as rude, but to me the fact he thinks counterpicking isn't a good idea makes me wonder about his knowledge of the game.

Wayne3100 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not siding with Duff and saying he didn't do anything (in fact I think he's the one that actually took it too far by stating your knowledge of the jungle isn't even close to his and he couldn't discuss anything with you because of your 'sub par understanding of the game'), but it's not like you didn't say anything negative at all :|

Saying he's not the best jungler in the world isn't an insult, saying someone has a "sub par understanding of the game" is.

As I said at one point early in the discussion - even if Duff is a better jungler than me, surely he doesn't think himself better than the team that won the last IEM, as an example.

Wayne3100 wrote:

Page 3:

...nuff said

Regarding that, that was probably a reference to "Oh my god did you read ANY of my post?" at the start of that paragraph, especially since that would make more sense. He didn't make any reference to the fact there were two parts where I asked of his reading capabilities at all, nor infer which it was, leading me to believe he only saw the first message.

The word "it" implies one.

If I said "Pick one of these oranges", and you said "I'll have it", that would make no sense since there's two.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 5:12am | Report
I think he meant he read everything, but mkay :|

Xenasis wrote:
If I said "Pick one of these oranges", and you said "I'll have it", that would make no sense since there's two.

I lol'd

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 5:22am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I think he meant he read everything, but mkay :|

I'm more of the argument that it was indeed a Freudian slip.

You'd be more inclined to respond to -
"Oh my god did you read ANY of my post?"
With -
"I read it"
Than -
"If you do, tell me"

I myself would respond to the latter like this -
"I read your little 'challenge' at the end of that paragraph."
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 5:26am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

You'd be more inclined to respond to -
"Oh my god did you read ANY of my post?"
With -
"I read it"
Than -
"If you do, tell me"

I agree with that, but if by "it" he means your post then that would still include the "If you do, tell me" part :3
(even if he did not specifically comment on it, I know)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 5:31am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Oh come on that's not even an insult. Saying someone isn't the best jungler in the world (which he, or I am not) isn't an insult. Personal attacks like a derogation of the word 'kid', as a quick example, had no relevance to the argument and weren't necessary. I apologise if I came off as rude, but to me the fact he thinks counterpicking isn't a good idea makes me wonder about his knowledge of the game.

I don't think he felt insulted. I think he felt it funny that someone else was implying a superior position while views are being traded.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 5:38am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I agree with that, but if by "it" he means your post then that would still include the "If you do, tell me" part :3
(even if he did not specifically comment on it, I know)

Not in the case that there were two things to reference, though.
]

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide